“Very Ordinary Service and Food”
Review of Sevilla

Sevilla
Ranked #154 of 12,793 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We went there in August, 2014. The food has really really small portion size, very average in taste, good ambience however illiterate staff.

1  Thank ViditSehgal

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Lies. I can't stand them. I'm not going back to Sevilla, a disgrace to its namesake, until they do something about their service.

I suggested to four old friends meeting after a long time that we go to Sevilla for dinner on Saturday night, with plans to party after. Big mistake, #1.

I had called in the afternoon to book a table, and was told that a confirmed reservation could only be made until 8pm. I pleaded with them to try to reserve a table for us for 9pm; they took down my name and number and said they would try. I reached there at 9 and was told that a table would clear up in approx. 10 minute, as the desert order had just been placed. I believed them. Big mistake, #2.

They advised me to start my "experience" at Aura, since they don't even have a place to sit down and have a drink before dinner. My friends and I sat there and ordered a round of drinks, which took 30 minutes to arrive. One of my friends was starving and clearly unhappy with the experience. I asked the bar to inquire with the restaurant about how much longer it would take. The answer was the same as the one they had given to me: 10-15 minutes. We finished our drinks over the next 15-20 minutes, and still there was no table ready for us. Mind you, it was now 10:15pm, five unpleasant and grueling 15-minute periods had passed since Sevilla's original proclamation.

This doesn't happen anywhere and I did not expect it to happen at The Claridges.

One of my friends was thinking about having a wedding mehendi ceremony here (which would have been yet another Big Mistake), but we quickly trashed that plan.

I trust from other visits that the food at Sevilla is actually quite nice. If only the liers at the reception would get out of the way.

Suggestions: 1) Replace the receptionist (at-least the one who worked there on Saturday July 12th night); 2) Take reservations at-least until the time when regular Delhi-ites eat dinner (say 9:30); 3) Stop doing special favors for a tip (which I suspect is the reason our 15-minute wait turned into 75+ minutes).

4  Thank APG_Boston
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great ambience and lovely spanish food..had veg tapas and paella for main course. But strain on the wallet. A meal for two with drinks would cost inr 6k . Live music could make it much better value for money.

Would suggest taking a canopy on a nice cool evening ..

Negatives- Not having a choice for tap water and Charging for the same is criminal i feel.

2  Thank NonTourist_traveller
ClaridgesNewDelhi, General Manager at Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your highly valued feedback and we are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience at Sevilla. We have taken note of your particular concern and I assure you that this has been resolved with immediate effect. We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you and hope that you will visit us again, as we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

A classic and elegant property with a good vibe. The staff is very hospitable and the food is good. The breakfast needs a special mention. The location is the best if one wants to explore central Delhi.

1  Thank Avinash B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and it is a pleasure to know that you had a great experience at The Claridges New Delhi during your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Superb choice, quality of food and amazing service. Bravo! I loved the layout of the restaurant. Intimate and atmospheric