“Downtown hotel New Delhi, India”
Review of Hotel Pooja Palace

Hotel Pooja Palace
Ranked #138 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Synopsis of my stay at Puja Palace Hotel New Delhi starting 14th February 2011.

A small downtown hotel located right in the heart of the shopping centre of Karol Bagh, New Delhi. Just few minutes walk from restaurants, shops, money changers, banks and a variety of other outlets. Auto and cycle rickshaws ready available and the metro around the corner from the hotel.
I arrived at terminal 3 Indira Gandhi Airport, Delhi in the afternoon of 14th February and transferred to the hotel by pre-paid taxi. The journey took approximately 40 minutes. I had pre-booked my room with the proprietor Mr Munish Chundra.
The check in was quick and smooth and I was allocated a double room on the 2nd floor. There were 4 floors and 29 rooms in total. Later I had an opportunity to check out several rooms and all were adequately furnished and clean. My own room as all others were of a decent size, simply furnished and all rooms had AC. The bathroom was quite large, clean and had a very good shower. Lighting in both room and bathroom were good. A free newspaper was passed under the door each morning.
The MD Mr Munish Chundra quickly made himself known and did his best to make ones stay comfortable as possible. Although some of the staff could not speak English they were all very obliging and friendly. The room was cleaned daily under the supervision of Mr Uttum together with his small team of room boys Prakesh, Sonu and Kuram who did an excellent job. Nothing was too much trouble.
The main restaurant was at the far right of the lobby was very small and served meals 24 hours a day. Meals could also be ordered 24 hours a day by contacting room service. On the terrace breakfast, lunch and dinner were served at reasonable prices. After dark the terrace was transformed in to a mass of colour with a variety of twinkling lights & Chinese lanterns which were very colourful. A nice place to sit and admire the clear sky above while enjoying breakfast in the sunshine. Adjacent to the terrace there is a conference room to accommodate a party of 16. Beer and other alcoholic drinks could be ordered at the roof top restaurant.
There was also free internet service in the lobby and all rooms had Wi-Fi which was extremely useful and worked well. The lobby had some comfortable sofas & chairs, news papers & other reading material provided for guests. Tea & coffee could also be taken in the lobby.
Mr Rahul the reception manager and his assistant Miss Kanak did their best to provide guests with information and other services and generally kept guests happy. The night service reception was manned by Mr Akhlesh who spoke excellent English and did his best to satisfy guest’s needs, was very professional in his dress, his approach was polite and helpful nothing was too much trouble.
The waiters Manoj, Nirmal, Pradeep, Sanjay and Gautum were all helpful and worked well under the watchful eye of the owner Mr Munish Chundra. Service was provided around the clock.
The hotel is a family run business and guest’s needs are well taken care of. Travel arrangements are also taken care of as are train tickets, airport pick up and drop at reasonable rates and guest’s safety while travelling at all times.
All in all a well run hotel good competitive rates depending on season and availability of rooms. I definitely recommend this property for a short or long stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank United327

Reviewed 25 December 2010

Very good facility.Nice to stay with family and friends. Good spot for business meeting as well.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank yogi123456
hotelpoojapalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pooja Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2011

Dear Guest, your kind experience posted is really appreciated. These encouraging words indeed boosts our moral and motivate us to continue providing personalized services to our valued guests.
Regards,
Sheetal Chawla
Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Pooja Palace.

Reviewed 14 December 2010

I booked a room through a travel agent in Delhi. I went to the hotel with not many expectations due to the low rates. But to my surprise, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In the morning I enjoyed my breakfast at the terrace garden which is very nicely done. The food was also quite good. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevegardner85
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Firstly, after a long trip from the UK, it was almost impossible to find this hotel. Great start to the trip.

Secondly, the reception staff we always rude and unhelpful., but my major issue with this hotel was the bad accoustics. Regardless where in the hotel your room was located, all you could hear was the noise and conversations taking place in reception.

And also they only turned the hot water on for short amounts of time during the day - really irritating.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Stuart_g69
Reviewed 3 December 2010

When we arrived it was night staff on duty, who gave us an inaccurate quote, tried to go off with our luggage before we had confirmed our room, and had no note of our booking. I guess it's what you might expect after some time travelling in that area. They were impossible to communicate with about anything. The only saving grace is that they have a computer available with free internet. The aircon couldn't be adjusted, the water was freezing, and the sheets and bed looked so dirty we slept in our sleeping back liners and still felt disgusting. I think we paid the equivalent of 20 GBP, after we negotiated, and that was way too much in my mind. Intrepid use this hotel for some of their trips and I have no idea why.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EbbsAndFlow
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I recently stayed two nights at Pooja Palace as part of a tour group. Location of the hotel is good. 5 minutes walk to the Karol Bargh Metro station and the Karol Bargh market. It is easy and cheap to get around Delhi by metro. Karol Bargh is about 45 minutes away from the Delhi airport by taxi (pre-paid taxi for 400 Rupees).

The building looks rather depressing and characterless. I stayed in two different rooms, both clean and comfortable. Bathroom was small but clean. Hot water was unreliable though. There is a sign in the shower ‘Please wait for hot water’. It seems like they run out of hot water in the evening as none of us had hot water in both nights. In the morning, hot water kicked it after running the water for 5-10 minutes.

Breakfast on the rooftop was lovely. Usual Continental or Indian breakfast choices- eggs, toast and tea/coffee . My masala omelette was delicious.

Overall, this was not a bad hotel but just a typical budget hotel. I paid less and got better value and service in the other hotel I stayed in Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 1 November 2010

i booked the rooms in pooja palace from my company. I am staying for three nights. I like stay here as well as my home. Its rooms & sevice is my nice. also speclist is this hotel Taris garden is cup of tea, Snacks & chilled bear severd here. and staff is very helpful. and the good location & good market is near to pooja Palace.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business