“Clean place, poor communication”
Review of Sai Villa

Sai Villa
Ranked #44 of 1,129 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The B&B was everything I expected from the photos on TA. Unfortunately during the 4 days I was there, I did not see one staffmember who spoke any English. The young man who was there knew how to take my breakfast order, but asking anything else was too much for him, though he was nice enough. If you have ever been to New Delhi before and know your way around, this is probably the greatest place to stay, but if you're new in town, you might want to stay in a place where they pay more attention to tourists needs.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the downstairs rooms. There was no problem with any disturbance of any kind there...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Namaste074

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed at the Sai Villa for a week, and I have nothing but praise. The G.K area has been a favourite haunt for me for several years. This was my first time in G.K.2. and I am sure to be back! The place was neat and clean, the staff very helpful, the owner too, and the price is very competitive. - Not to mention the wonderful restaurants near by.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank HelgeKrogsgaard
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Night before we took a flight to New Delhi,Made a call to India's premier Just Dial Services to find out about Guest Houses in Gk 2 area and we were given with few options,and we zeroed in on Sai Villa,text-ed to the owner number at 11 pm prior to our departure for the availability and confirmation,which we got instantly and we landed @ 9 am in Sai Villa.Warm smiling support staff promptly opened the room for us and made us feel comfortable by offering water and immediately followed by Tea,
3days we spend @ Sai Villa,even for a minute,we never felt we were away from our home,Husband & Wife both equally going out of their way to ensure each Guest feel at home with the first and foremost feeling about security when in a new place and Sai Villa simply the best place to stay if you are either short or long stay tour in New Delhi.The Support staff at Sai Villa deserve accolades because of their simplicity and never say 'NO' attitude.
I would like to thank the owners of Sai Villa for their wonderful hospitality and wish to visit soon again.

Room Tip: All rooms are Good,Terrace AC Room is the bigger and better.We stayed 2 Nights in Ground floor and 1...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rajdeep1976
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Once again I landed in New Delhi, India after a gap of 3 years but this time in peak summer
(June) instead of winter (Nov-Jan) but walking through the welcoming green foliage on both side of drive way, instantly provided cool relief.Settled in a spacious room with aircon and chilled lime water within a few minutes of arrival at Sai Villa,I thanked myself once again for choosing Sai Villa for my seccond visit.
I reiterated the same chant after 11days for a 'no worries", very comfortable and safe stay in New Delhi with a promise to come back again but with family next time, to honour the special invitation from host- Ashutosh and his wife Savita who are only a phone call away in case you need any help or assistance.
With hosts living on the same premises (upstairs) of this large ,spacious edifice in the midst of upmarket south Delhi ,well connected with Metro (train) to travel around Delhi or cab on call next door,it is a very very safe, family environment yet independent rooms with 100% privacy.
The very fact that it was my repeat stay says it all but still I would like to mention about the 2 multi tasking staff, 24 hours( well almost) on call - Shatrugan and Sushil, who make every guest's staty memorable,by right from cooking a lovely hot breakfast to ordering a dinner of your choice to fixing your sim card or getting your clothes ironed. And all with a smile on their faces.
Excellent rooms with all the amenities one would require while travelling, I would recommend individuals or families to have a no worries stay while in New Delhi.Good cost benefit .No doubt about it.Yes, I will stay again on my next visit because if you receive 3 B's (Bed,bath and Breakfast) to your satisfaction,it makes your visit all the more satisfying.

Sanjoy Banerjee
Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sanjoydb
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I would start with a BIG thanks to the extreme hospitable service offered by Ashutosh and his team. I stayed in the Terrace Room which actually had a french window leading to a well maintained and spacious terrace. There are chairs and recliners scattered in the terrace, all you need is to sit back and enjoy the sky overhead or can stand and see the busy streets of south Delhi. Coming to the room, it was just excellent, from the point of cleanliness and space. And apart from the queen bed, there was a cute folding mattress, which was very comfortable. The bathroom had both wet and dry areas with constant running water. The place is near the leading malls and markets of South Delhi...you can easily take a break and visit to the Citywalk or the Greater Kailash markets. The CR park area is just at a stone throw distance from here. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, and whenever I asked for a drink, got it readily delivered in my room. You will get both Indian and English breakfast, warm and ready at the dining hall. You can engage yourself with some good reading also as there is a good collection of books here. I had a good time chatting with the owner, Ashutosh, and he was extremely friendly to take me to some good eatery for lunch. I would love to visit here, whenever I will have to go to New Delhi. so, waiting to be there again.....

Room Tip: Terracr room is the best, but you can take any of the rooms, all are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meandyou2013
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The Sai Villa is not only well situated, it is a good alternative to the pricier places in New Delhi. Without exotic luxuries, it has everything one needs, including a great rooftop terrace, and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan T
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We arrived here direct from our overnight flight from Heathrow, and were happy that the car we had prebooked through Sai Villa was there waiting for us - always a good start!

We stayed in the Terrace Room which was at the top of the guesthouse with good sound insulation from the road outside. The room was spacious, very clean and had good bathroom facilities with constant hot water. We also had easy access to an excellent large rooftop terrace with plenty of seating and tables - a really nice place to relax.

All the staff were friendly and helpful particularly Shankar who had good English and was able to help us make the most of our short time in Delhi. Breakfast was good and the staff were able to order excellent takeaway for us to eat at the guesthouse in the evening.
Sai Villa is located in a good area with a mix of homes and businesses. It felt safe and despite being on a busy road it was not noisy inside the guesthouse.

There were plenty of passing tuks available and the excellent metro system is only a short tuk ride away. Luckily we were befriended by a kind Indian girl who explained the metro travel pass system to us. Essentially you can credit the card with rupees and any unused portion of the card can be redeemed when you have finished with it. Best to ask Shankar how it works if you are thinking of using the metro!

Room Tip: Terrace Room is very comfortable but not suitable if you have difficulty with stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple