Hotel Prince Polonia
Check In Room Sangatrashan(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$27
  • Breakfast included
Jugaad Hostels(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$142
US$56
US$33
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$289
US$230
The Oberoi(New Delhi)
US$271
US$264
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The hotel was old, but clean. There was no towels and toiletpaper. The kitchen was nice, just as the rooftop was lovely.
The traveldesk was MUCH too expensive...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The hotel was very welcoming - the staff were very nice. The hotel has a pool up on the top floor - it is small but for the cost of the hotel it is fantastic. The rooms are adequate and basically you get what you pay for. In terms of the cost I think this hotel was great the pool was wonderful to come back to in March when it was so so hot and just dive in made all the difference to my budget trip.

I used the spa for a facial and have to say it is not really to be recommended she seemed to have little idea of what she was doing and I certainly did not feel that it was good value - I was going to have a manicure but when I saw the instruments they proposed using I said No!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank wub100
Reviewed 22 June 2011

The airport pick-up failed to turn up (irrespective of what the hotel later said), which meant I had to make my own way there. They then had the nerve to try to charge me for it.

Arriving at the hotel I was greeted by a 40 minute check in process or rather this appeared to give them time, whilst flustered after a 12 hour journey, I was ushered to sit with their 'travel agent'. A man knows a man with a car who can drive to Agra. This makes him a 'travel agent'. He doesn't know anything else, but can feign knowledge by tapping numbers on a calculator.

If you can't get to the airport what chance have you of making it to Agra? Over-priced sales talk and claims of having contacts with other hotels, (which they don't have). So lying. Again.

The website images bear no relation to the hotel.

Away from the front desk the other staff are lovely. The rooms are fine for a night whilst you wait to go the short walk to the train station. There is no other reason to stay there and for that purpose it's fine.

Otherwise the front desk staff are a disgrace.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ferrybangair
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have stayed at the Prince Polonia numerous times and the past and been very happy here. In January I brought my family for an overnight before we headed to Nepal and for several nights before heading home at the end of the trip. The hotel has been refurbished and the rooms are much nicer. The food is still good although nothing seems to have been done to the restaurant. Apparently room cleaning is now only on request. When we checked out I got into a sort of shouting match with the man on duty over the discount offered on their web page for booking in advance which they refused to honor. No matter. Then my son in law had placed a rolled up painting on the luggage which the bellman were to carry down and load in the van for the airport. Halfway to the airport we discovered it was not in the van. We immediately called the hotel but somehow it could not be located.An email the next day with a further inquiry received no response. Sadly I won't feel comfortable staing here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pkibbee
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Picked this place after reading some of the reviews on TA....when I contacted them, they said that all their renovations were finished and that the pool was working, which it was, though to swim in it would have been a bit 'risky', considering the colour of the water....
We arranged a pick up from the airport, and they were there to meet us, though a 700rp it was expensive, to say the least. We had two minor accidents on the way to the hotel, but hey, that's India:)
The room that we were given looked NOTHING like the hotel pics on the internet, nothing at all. It was more like a prison cell, with no window/natural light. The sheets were grubby but the bathroom was clean enough with hot water most of the time. The aircon worked fine. Walls needed painting and the whole room had a tired, run down feeling to it.
It was our first trip to India, so having somewhere to stay was good, but at 2100rp it was WAY too expensive. There are many other better options on the Main Bazar strip for at least half the price of the Prince Polonia. Paharganj is awash with places to stay, so even if you turn late at night, you are bound to find somewhere.
The manager was about as grumpy, uncommunicative and sullen as you could get. He was not a happy man.
Location is excellent; you are a street off the main bazar and it's pretty quiet, though dusty from the building works going on across the road. You are only a 10min walk to New delhi train station and the metro is a short walk in the opposite direction.
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, mainly because of the price. You can do better, much better.
Didn't eat at the rooftop restaurant.

Room Tip: over priced and grubby
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple