“Freezing Cold, Damp, Dirty and Staff badger you endlessley”

Hotel Prince Polonia
Ranked #469 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed 19 January 2014

On benefit of the doubt from these reviews booked in here in Jan 14. On arrival seemed impressive foyer, and dead central which is fab. However almost immediately the staff who see you up to your room and then keep coming to your room offering to help are after massive tips clearly. They dont supply clean towels, dont have a fitted sheet nor hot water. You have to go ask for these things and are badgered all over again. And then the extra sheets are damp and unusable. We spent a nithered night freezing and damp. As usual in India asking for the air con to be fixed got us no where.
The place was dirty, the 'fridge' was disgusting, rug filthy (will post photos later).
The top floor cafe may have been ok, and the pool surprisingly wasn't green or dirty but the number of creepy slither staff about would make it impossible for a woman to use, and they'd likely badger a man into buying things if he spent time up there. I know this goes with the territory in India of course but to bear in mind. We left a night early and did not argue to get the money back! Took a room at the Shelton instead -who gave us our passports back straight away mindyou unlike the Polonia. Good points = central, shower was hot and powerful and wifi did work -once you get a code from them. Think this may be a hotel meant for Russian customers.

Room Tip: no good rooms I would guess, all dirty and cold.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Prince Polonia

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed there last January. I have nice & pleasant stay. Staff is very good. Specially reception staff in night duty who helped me to fulfil my sexual desire. he is sexy. I want to have other stay over there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Parth5127
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight waiting for my flight. It's close to the Delhi station and close to the old city.
Sure enough pictures looked better then the real deal. But all in all its a quiet spot near the main bazaar. Sally some phone kept ringing in the hallways waking me up at times.
Booking.com screwed my reservation up somehow so at arrival there was only one room, which I had to leave at 8 in the morning. Mind I was there at 22:00 so I'm glad the easy the helped me out in the end.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Greyed out towels, a ceiling fan which only worked if the room lights were on, exceptionally loud with people banging on my door all night so that I pulled my bag in front of it for extra safety, a pool with approximately 1 inch water visibility (my garden pond is cleaner), and a check out process that took more than an hour with a price that was not as per the agreed online booking charge. I definitely do not recommend staying here, particularly if you are a solo traveller.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Great location, I'll give it that. The rooms look pretty nice but we stayed there for the pool. After seeing previous reviews, I wrote to them to ask if the pool was working and was told 3 times it was, including about a week before we arrived. The pool was dark green and gross and every day they said a man was coming in one hour to fix it and he never did. They flat out lied every time I asked. Wifi reception pretty poor. The bed had a sheet covering the mattress, then another strange sheet that didn't cover the whole bed so me and my son fought over that the whole night trying to cover parts of our bodies. Air con and fans on and off all the time due to power outages. Still had food poisoning from Nepal so did not have the energy to fight over the AGREED price. Per lots of other reviews, they changed it and charged more than agreed. We went to Agra/Jaipur for a few days and when we got back, we checked out the next morning and gave up on the pool which was still filthy. A real struggle to stay here as the staff do not care. Shame I met the owner on my way out whilst arguing over getting my luggage back from the store room. He sorted that out in a flash but it was too late. Then they demanded I pay extra for the 3 previous nights. We were so sick and confused and angry that I just paid it to GET OUT OF THERE!! Shame, as the hotel has a lot of potential. The owner should sack everyone and start again!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Procidani
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here on 3 separate occasions and the service, welcome and ambiance is fantastic every time.

Hotel arrange pick up from airport if required, and even sorted cricket and train tickets for us.

Can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Rog21
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Close to Pharganj bazaar and handy for the station. Stayed before and after a train trip to Rajasthan. Nice clean and comfortable rooms and the staff are helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good and Wi-Fi is available. Had a reasonably good meal in the roof top restaurant where there is also a small swimming pool. All-in-all a very pleasant stay and excellent value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends