“Awesome stay with Prince Polonia..!!”

Hotel Prince Polonia
Ranked #470 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Awesome stay with Prince Polonia..!!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I and my family live in Saudi and visit India twice or thrice every year. This time I chose Hotel Prince Polonia to stay while visiting New Delhi. The Hotel is in Paharganj which is why it is close to the metro station and the main train station. I had requested for an airport pick up from the Hotel because my flight was scheduled to arrive at wee hours. It was very comforting to see that the Hotel driver was waiting at the airport with my name board with a big smile. The driver was very good and drove very safely. The Hotel staff is very professional and welcomed us with a great respect and made us feel comfortable in every possible way. The day manager was very friendly and got mixed up with my kids. They enjoyed his company a lot. The Hotel swimming pool is a bliss . my kids spent full afternoon enjoying in the pool. The food service and quality was upto the mark. The only suggestion would be to have a buffet set up for b/fast and other meals.
My room # 304 was a big room with plenty of space for 2 adults with 2 children. They also arranged a day tour to visit the city with a private driver. The driver was very gentle and had a very good knowledge of the city and took us to good shopping places and restaurant for lunch.
Over all a perfect place to stay in the middle of the city with easy approach to markets, metro and restaurants.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Salik1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed in with my over seas friends in this Hotel recently and found this hotel of a perfect value for money we paid. The room included b/fast which was sumptuous and of very good quality. The rooms are large in size and appeared as if recently refurbished with very comfy bed , new sheets, soft pillows and super quality quilt. The room a/c was just perfect keeping the room cool without any functioning noise. The hotel staff is friendly and was very efficient is serving our order in our room. My friends enjoyed hotel swimming pool on the building terrace which is a very very big advantage for this hotel as we could not find a hotel with a swimming pool in a budget price . I have already recommended this hotel to my other overseas friends and looking forward to enjoy the Hotel hospitality once again very soon. HAT'S OFF TO THE MANAGEMENT.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here for many years, was originally a quite ok budget hotel, then they did a recent partial renovation which has fallen apart very quickly. Food is average at best, swimming pool is dirty, rooms were dirty, one toilet was covered in diarrhoea on the underside. Internet was pretty good though. Last time ill be coming here Im afraid, nicer hotels in the immediate area for same price.

Room Tip: Check as many rooms as possible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T0mmyTraveller
Princepolonia2014, Owner at Hotel Prince Polonia, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I , The owner of Hotel Prince Polonia, from the bottom of my heart feel extremely sorry for all the inconveniences you’ve faced during your stay at the Hotel. It is indeed a shame for the Hotel to not to keep up with its maintenance & service part. This was all because of a weaker management to whom I had outsourced the Hotel operations & service part. BUT, please take into your notice that I have taken back the management into my hands and now I am myself taking care of operations and services. Please be kind to give Hotel Prince Polonia another chance & I assure you to give services upto your expectations and once again make you a regular guest at your own Hotel.
Brij

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was there on this Christmas with my wife and kids and my cab driver took me to this hotel. They asked for Rs 2600+tax but after negotiation came down to Rs 2000(tax and breakfast inclusive). They insisted to keep my passport with them but thankfully I never gave them my passport. They then kept insisting on advance payment. I usually don't give advance but this time I did as they kept pestering me over phone and through room service every half an hour for the advance payment.

The room was dirty and the bed sheets were so dirty that they weren't washed for more than a month. I asked them to change the sheets 3-4 times and they kept promising but never changed the sheets. The rest room was so dirty that it probably hadn't been cleaned after previous guest checked out. Even the toilet wasn't flushed.

Next morning when we went for breakfast, I had to argue them over free breakfast as they said that which such rates, they can't provide the free breakfast.

Now, at the time of checkout when I asked for the invoice, they clearly denied saying that I will have to pay additional taxes. I told them about the deal but they denied any such deal. Since, it was time for my train, I had leave early. When I told them that what they are doing is not fair, they said "who cares".

So, all in all, fraud management, rude staff, filthy rooms. I would urge everyone to never ever go in there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nitin168
Dear Nitin,
I will not say a word of excuse, except that I am really really sorry for the kind to experience you had. The management was outsourced which did not pay attention to the guests comfort at all and ruined my hotel badly.
BUT, now I have taken back the management into my hands and started to make changes in the service part. I stay in the Hotel to make sure there are no complaints and if there are any are attended to immediately.
I assure everyone the best of my services and request all to be a guest at Hotel Prince Polonia once and give me a chance to serve you.
Brij
Owner
Hotel Prince Polonia
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

On benefit of the doubt from these reviews booked in here in Jan 14. On arrival seemed impressive foyer, and dead central which is fab. However almost immediately the staff who see you up to your room and then keep coming to your room offering to help are after massive tips clearly. They dont supply clean towels, dont have a fitted sheet nor hot water. You have to go ask for these things and are badgered all over again. And then the extra sheets are damp and unusable. We spent a nithered night freezing and damp. As usual in India asking for the air con to be fixed got us no where.
The place was dirty, the 'fridge' was disgusting, rug filthy (will post photos later).
The top floor cafe may have been ok, and the pool surprisingly wasn't green or dirty but the number of creepy slither staff about would make it impossible for a woman to use, and they'd likely badger a man into buying things if he spent time up there. I know this goes with the territory in India of course but to bear in mind. We left a night early and did not argue to get the money back! Took a room at the Shelton instead -who gave us our passports back straight away mindyou unlike the Polonia. Good points = central, shower was hot and powerful and wifi did work -once you get a code from them. Think this may be a hotel meant for Russian customers.

Room Tip: no good rooms I would guess, all dirty and cold.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rajkot, India
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed there last January. I have nice & pleasant stay. Staff is very good. Specially reception staff in night duty who helped me to fulfil my sexual desire. he is sexy. I want to have other stay over there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Parth5127
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight waiting for my flight. It's close to the Delhi station and close to the old city.
Sure enough pictures looked better then the real deal. But all in all its a quiet spot near the main bazaar. Sally some phone kept ringing in the hallways waking me up at times.
Booking.com screwed my reservation up somehow so at arrival there was only one room, which I had to leave at 8 in the morning. Mind I was there at 22:00 so I'm glad the easy the helped me out in the end.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo