“Excellent dim sum lunch ”
Review of Shang Palace

Shang Palace
Ranked #11 of 13,296 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Neighbourhood: Connaught Place/Janpath
Description: After it’s glorious success all around the world in iconic cities, the 39th Shang Palace is being brought to New Delhi by Shangri-La. With expansive interiors that include lavish indoor seating, three private dining rooms for a personalized dining experience, and a large outdoor deck overlooking lush green gardens for al fresco dining, Shang Palace offers Sichuan, Cantonese and the mystical Yunnan cuisine by three Chinese specialty Chefs. The hotel proudly welcomes Chef Ye Haijun, a Dim Sum culinary master, Chef Kong Fanyi, an expert on Chinese barbeque, and Chef Fu Lei, a proficient Wok Chef, to further enhance and the offerings at Shang Palace and make sure they are authentic. Our dim sum master, Chef Ye Hai jun, has meticulously crafted the ShangtasticDim Sum LunchMenu, which features an assortment of dim sum, signature clay pot specialties and homemade ice cream for the patrons of Shangri-La’s - Eros Hotel, New Delhi. Monday to Saturday, from 12.30 pm to 2:45 pm
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly welcomed into the restaurant and shown to our table. The maitre d’hôtel explained the menu and took inputs on which dim sums would like to try and shared their recommendations . Service started well with fried lamb gyozas, prawn dumplings , xiao long bao (soup dumpling ) was the highlight for the Dim Sums . The veggie dim sums were very interesting too . Main course the chicken with lotus roots in a chilli garlic sauce , ma Po tofu and lamb in hot sauce followed by garlic noodles and fried rice rounded out a great lunch . Just a small comment that you must tell the chef to go easy with salt and Chinese sauces both of which make the main course a bit too salty .Their litchi coconut, almond and coffee ice creams were superb ...highly recommended

1  Thank aakhanna
PSNayar, General Manager at Shang Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for sharing your comments with us.
We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience and appreciated the food.
Your encouraging comments have been shared with the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was really good, our waiter was really attentive. Duck was really outstanding, place has nice ambience.

1  Thank Cristina A

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for choosing to dine at Shang Palace and for sharing your comments with us.
We are so grateful to learn that you had a wonderful experience and appreciated the food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited many chinese restaurants but this was simply the best!! The food was really good especially the sauna prawns, the crispy chicken and not to forget the chicken dumplings! In the mains we had the braised black pork and the pot rice with claypot chicken!! All the dishes were recommended by Prashast who was the face of the restaurant, he told us all about the restaurant and he also recommended a great wine to pair with our food!! His little gestures made our experience more beautiful!! 10/10 for the service and the food!! Would definitely recommend this restaurant!!

1  Thank Bhavya B
PSNayar, General Manager at Shang Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful experience and appreciated the food.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

When a restaurant front desk staff are too lazy to get customer in, you have to start to wonder if the food is really worth a visit or they just playing “slow” and “easy”

11.30 am by the restaurant, refused an entry by front staff while i could see that reservations on half of restaurant tables are at 13.00 pm, and have asked them that i would willing to be out and cleared the table at 12.30 pm so the next group can use the table for their original reservation.

I am sure that Shangrilla hotel and their restaurants are always making sure the cuatomers will have the best service, however there is a thin border line between making sure the customer get the best service and just too convinience to get little busy with close turn around.

Anyhow, i ve eaten here before and surely its not worth another visit as many better restaurant that are willing to take me properly as their customer.

1  Thank Travelle99bandung

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
Your constructive observations have been duly noted and will be reviewed on priority.
We hope that you will choose to visit again and provide us with an opportunity to serve you better next time.
Your Sincerely

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I stayed in India for 6 days trip and was home sick for some Chinese food. Since we stay at the Shangri-la, they have a very well ranked Chinese restaurant with a nice peking duck and my friend and I decided to try.

The restaurant was modernly decorated and have a view of the kitchen and oven where they make the peking duck. (see my photos).

The waiter did tell us peking duck take about 40 mins, and I was okay with that. We ordered the a steam fish that was very authentic, tasty and priced good. It was debone , so we was impressed how they did it so well (see photos)
The chow fun we order was very authentic as well.

We saw the cook making peking ducks for other table so we was excited and waited patiently. About 40 mins into it , we was still waiting and then we notice another table of Chinese tourist complaining to the chef who was preparing their duck that they waited more then 40 mins. I noticed all night there is only 1 chef cutting/slicing the duck. Finally we got our duck and it was crispy and not fat and as good as any duck I have at in NYC or Chinatown in NY. The bone of the duck included with the price is you can make a soup or fried the meat , which was good. I asked for the faster one and the soup option we went. We did not want to wait any more .

The surprise of the night was the Jasmine tea Creme Brulee. It was really unique and different from other Creme Brulee and I highly recommended that along with the duck and the fish here. Overally, this satisfied my craving for Chinese food until I hit the Flushing Chinatown in NY again. (please click helpful)

My main reason for 4 stars and not 5 stars was , while we was waiting , the waiters never really checked on us and only came by when delivering the food. I asked another waiter from different table to look for some waiter and still I did not see him after 10 mins. Finally , I grabbed another waiter and said , please find my waiter again for me and he said " I am your waiter".. ( I was thinking exactly, you did not show your face enough at our table that I don't even remember how you look like ). Our drinks was more then half empty for over 15 mins and no one even came by. Finally I asked for some tea and got it on my 2nd try here.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to highlight your comments, as it is only with guest feedback that we can improve upon our services.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your visit.
Though it is our constant endeavor to provide services of the highest order, at this instance, it appears that we have fallen short of that standard.
In case your travels bring you back to New Delhi, we would love to welcome you back again.
Best regards