“Good budget hotel with only one concern.”
Review of Prashant Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shimla
Prashant Hotel
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Shimla
“Good budget hotel with only one concern.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Good hotel. Good rooms. Good location. Good food very helpful management. Only one problem if your parents are travelling along with you pls don't book as all rooms are on 3rd n 4th floor. Secondly its a budget hotel not any star class. Before booking pls keep this thing in mind that you are going to budget hotel. It was perfect for my stay as all hotels I was getting were out of my budget. I will recommend to my friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank AshishSehgal

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one day. We reached the hotel around 7 in the evening after a one hour wait to get into the lift. The location is the only saving grace for this hotel as it is located close to the mall road. We had booked a deluxe room and when we were showed the room it didn't even look like a standard one. We had paid 1700 (after a discount of 30% on goibibo) but the room was not worth the money. As it was a little late to go out and have dinner outside, we ordered dinner at the room which was not upto the mark. All in all not a great place to stay in a place like Shimla.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank akshata10287

Travellers are raving about these Shimla hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and I must say that it is one of the very good budget hotel conveniently located on the Mall road.

Initially when we booked this hotel through MakeMyTrip, we had a horrible experience. Makymytrip called me 5 days after I did the booking to tell me that my booking was not confirmed by the hotel although I had paid the full amount at the time of booking. They were trying to offer me some cheap alternate hotels which I denied. After a struggle of 1 week with makemytrip and more than 20 phone calls, somehow they were able to confirm the booking in the same hotel. The worst thing is that they don't give the phone no of their management and every time you have to call the IVR.

Before travelling, I called up the hotel and they confirmed that my booking is confirmed and everything from there onward were very good. I reached Shimla in the evening and checkin on very smooth. We were given 2 rooms on the 2nd floor on the back side. There was no view of the city from the rooms and bathrooms were clean. Room was spacious and there was a sofa cum bed on one of the room to accommodate the kid. Linens were not very fresh but kind of okay. We took most of the breakfast and dinners at the hotel only and it was really tasty and fresh. Staff were very courteous and response was very good.

I could simply walk down to Mall Road and Ridge road almost daily in the evening because of the proximity from the hotel.

Particularly Mr. Hemant (probably hotel manager) was a very nice person and gentleman. He helped me to arrange taxi for local sightseeing and also for Chandigarh drop at a reasonable rate.

One small problem is that, they switch off intercom at 11:00PM you can't call anyone for any thing. Reception is also closed at 11:00 and the entire facility is locked.

I recommend this budget hotel for a family vacation. But make sure to set your expectations and don't expect treatment of a star hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the front side. Back side rooms are big but doesn't offer any view of the cit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Banktesh_Kumar
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We reached Shimla at 6 in the morning from Delhi, after a sleepless overnight bus journey. Even though Prashant Hotel had the check in time as 12 noon, the manager gave us a room to freshen up and rest, since the room we had booked was not vacant till then. At exactly 12, we were moved to our allocated room. The room was a good sized one, with a balcony and view of the entire valley as well as Christ Church, on the Ridge. The location of the hotel is perfect - right on the Mall but still a small distance away from the main hustle of tourists.

Our room was clean and there was ample running hot water. The linen, quilt and towels were fresh. The service was friendly and the food was also good and reasonably priced.

The only problem was that the hotel has three floors but there is no lift service available. Elderly people may find that a problem.

We would stay there again when we visit Shimla.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the front of the hotel, facing the valley.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located near the mall road. Also not too far away from the municipal parking.

I had booked a super deluxe room. Although the property is quite old, the upkeep was good. The rooms were clean and the manager was soft spoken and helping.

We found it to be a very good budget hotel with a nice view of the city and the mall road.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 31 March 2014

the location of the hotel was amazing as it was near to the mall road, felt great to stay at this hotel. the shimla town can be see from this hotel clearly. stayed there for two days, rooms are very neat and clean and the service was exellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amazingladakh
Mehsana, India
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stay hear in march-2014 with my brother and Friend. we have great enjoy.
Hotel Prashant is a good budget hotel on the Mall road. Rooms are neat and clean. Location of the Hotel is very nice. Basicaly it is situated on the Main Mall and view from the room is so beautiful you can see total Shimla town from the room.
Hotel staff very good specially Mr. Karamchand. who serve us his best.
I recommended my all friend this hotel with good budget.
We miss all of them.
From:-Tejas Raval

Room Tip: Front Room with balcony to view all town view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple