“Excellent property being mismanaged by the management”
Review of Shilon Resort

Shilon Resort
Ranked #41 of 113 Hotels in Shimla
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed in the Duplex Cottages for 2 days , locations wise it is a beautiful property with very spacious, neat & clean rooms. If you are looking for a family holiday & would like to stay at a place close to the nature / away from the city...This is the place you should stay & plan your trip.
The other part is the service issue, the overall staff needs to be replaced, during your stay you will not feel good, I will not stay they are rude but most of the staff lack warmth in greeting people which I believe is the most essential thing for a resort to do well. During our stay for 2 nights 3 days we saw at least 4-5 customers highly unsatisfied & were complaining to the staff. The restaurant service is also not up to the mark & being managed by incapable people. I met a brigadier in Kufri complaining about the services.

Room Tip: Duplex is good for the family.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SUSHANT S
There are newer reviews for Shilon Resort

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

stayed in shillon from 23 to 25 may with a group of 100+ pax. location was awesome, rooms were ok and staff was helpful.
thanks to gaurav for joining us and helped us making a successful trip.

kudos to shilon team!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nitin P
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have mixed type of review for the resort......reason is mismanagement.
We had confirmed bookings for 2 nights bt at reception there was no clue abt it.....then we have to show them online tractions done by us, it took 15 -20 min to get room. All credit goes to mr vijay who is their agent in delhi....has told me that we dont give rooms for single night stay....u have to buy our whole package for 2 days......wen I asked at resort ...they dont have any such policies...u can also go for one night stay....
1.Rooms are very spacious and clean ....Although we have nt booked room with bunk bed bt they offer ur that and I my kid was happy to jump on that.... bt they need to revamp their washrooms as they are quite big bt their bath curtains are very dirty....:(....
2. Location n view is awsum......u just feel like u r in heaven
3.food is good
4. Apple orchid is just outside ur room
5. Is awsum place for morning ppl like us....for walk n nature lovers
4. No indoor games was their except TT

MORAL: DO CALL AT RECEPTION before you start your journey.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tanusona
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was a terrible experience and I checked out of the resort within 2 hours of check in due to following reasons:-

1. As promised by the hotel sales manager Mr Gaurav Kumar sitting in head office GK-2 Delhi that cab would pick us up from ISBT Shimla at 6 am sharp on the 5th July 2014 , no cab came to pick us up on arrival and we kept waiting for more than half hour and then had to hire a taxi on almost double rates and go to the resort.

2. Secondly and most astonishingly when we arrived at the hotel no staff was there to greet us or carry our luggage, no one
Was present at the front desk and after making us wait for about an hour we were told by the staff that we did not had a booking though I had already paid advance online of Rs 5000/- through NEFT and had confirmed booking for dates 5th to 7th July 2014.
When I showed at the front desk the prinout of the confirmation mail that I had received from their head office on payment of advance , that they intiated some action and then repeatedly called and confirmed from their manager and office in Delhi that whether I really had a booking for these dates or not
Such an irresponsible behaviour was highly irritating and after making us wait for almost 2 hours is that they alloted us a room.

3. Then they room which we had booked online was superior deluxe but they alloted us deluxe room as they told us that superior deluxe rooms were already booked and such a thing was totally indigestible.

4. There was no hot water or landline / intercom was not working and on our repeated requests they did not switch o on they geyser/ boiler and l literally tortured us.

4. Then the manager their Mr Ashok amd their staff also misbehaved and spoke rudely when we said that you guys have cheated us , telling us that no refund will be made and finally after hours of heated argumemt they refunded Rs4000 deducting Rs 1000 for
for use of their horrible room.

5. I AM Going to file an application in the consumer court for the mental harassment that I have faced against this entire group
U.G HOTELS AND RESORTS LTD. which is the parent company of the Shilon resorts, S hilon Bagh and I request tripadvisor to support me in every way and blacklist this
Resort so that other people dont get cheated and harrassed in same manner that I have been.

My no. Is 09899888760 , My name is Gurtej Singh
Office address:- A-28 Amar colony lajpat nagar -4
New Delhi ' 110024.
Off Tel - 01126468760-61
I would appreciate a call from your end and guide me further how to resolve this matter.

• Stayed: July 2014
17  Thank waheguruji111
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Location of this resort is just awesome. Its situated in the middle of the hills. The weather is always great and its serene surroundings ensure a soothing and rejuvenating stay. if any one want make a holiday trip for shimla then please choose shilon resorts bcoz there is mny indoor and out door activities and many other service .it called "mini Switzerlan" there is many big apple orched and bib lawan for enjoy. You will feel like you are staying like a viceroy in a british countryside. Food is great and the choice of beverages available is good. Overall a great option for people looking for a great and relaxing stay away from hustle of already overexplored hill stations in north India.
its location 24km ahead from Main city shimla toward kufri chail road.

Regards
Rittam Thakur

Room Tip: please choose valley facing (kinner kailash) rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RITTAM
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Shilon Resort is mid-way on chail-kufri road, away from maddening crowds of Shimla. the USP of this resort is its location, perfect for somebody looking to relax in a secluded place. Resort has a amazing view of mountains covered with green trees ( & not concrete mess like Shimla), offering multiple photo-clicking opportunities within and around the property. Rooms are spacious and overlooks beautiful valley. Food, housekeeping and rooms are good too.

Resort spreads across vast area and you need to have strong feet to walk long distances and climb lot of stairs, but its worth the effort. For kids, there are ample lawns to run around and play.
overall, had a wonderful stay and look forward to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went for a short trip to enjoy late winter snow and were lucky that the road leading to this resort was clear. The area is vere serene and silent. Witnessed beutiful sunrise and sunset. Being a photographer ,it was a delight for for me.
Food service was average as most of the things in menu were not available.
Great place to have a fresh and peaceful weekend !

• Stayed: January 2014