“great charming stay”

Ranked #1 of 111 Hotels in Shimla
Indianapolis, Indiana
“great charming stay”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is my second stay here and I have enjoyed each time. The staff is amazing and I appreciated the chef remembered my diet restrictions or housekeep saw that I needed screen cleaner for my laptop and supplied it just becaue. Any place with real wood floors is tops in my book as well giving a charm to the hotel that is missing of others.

In my opinion, what really makes the staff stand out from others is how they handle situations when things do not go perfectly. For some reason, checkout at this property is a loooooong process. It is easy to check-in but not so quick for checkout. I was visibly annoyed because I needed to get down the mountain, but one of the employees noticed my annoyance and quickly diffused the situation.

I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
oberoicecilshimla, General Manager at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us again and thank you for your continued patronage. I am happy to note that the team was able to serve you well. Thank you for your constructive feedback on the check out process. I shall surely address the same with the team make an improvement. The team and I look forward to your continued visits.

Arpit Pant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Oberoi Cecil from the 17th t0 19th of August 2014. Firstly, we got extremely we got a room to stay here even though we booked last minute! The staff of the hotel is brilliant. The restaurant staff, housekeeping staff, front office staff, valets everybody made us feel like VIP's. They are always smiling and always ready to help. I would like to mention Mr. Naunihal and Mr.Aleem here who made our stay even more wonderful. We were upgraded to the Valley view room on our 2nd night which gives a beautiful view of the valley. The rooms and very comfortably done up. I would recommend to use the Spa in the evening and enjoy a drink in the lobby bar and order in room service for dinner. The breakfast is sumptuous. Overall I would recommend a definite stay for everybody visiting Shimla.

Room Tip: Get the Valley view room, dont leave your room without shutting your windows and doors or your room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kan2206
Dear Guest,

It was a our pleasure to have you as guests at The Oberoi Cecil. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. Your kind words towards our team, which is our biggest strength are appreciated. I shall be happy to pass on your compliments to Naunihal and Aleem at the Front Desk. We do look forward to your company in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My colleagues and I enjoyed a one night stay at the Oberoi Cecil as part of a weekend trip from Delhi. Having travelled to Shimla via the Toy Train in the morning, we were greeted at the station by the hotel driver and driven the short distance to the hotel. The hotel is elegant and it is hard not to appreciate the colonial style of the building and interior. The rooms were large and luxurious (I had a corner room) and the leisure and spa facilities excellent. People went out their way to be helpful and the whole experience just left us feeling relaxed and full of praise for the hotel - thank you to Arpit and his team. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Corner and central rooms seemed to be the larger rooms available.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jonathan C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful comments about the hotel and our team. We look forward to haveing you with us again for a longer period soonn. There is much to look in Shimla and the areas around that I am sure would bring you back.

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Lovely hotel, staff even lovelier, went with my grandaughter and was made to feel very welcome! They even gave us a birthday cake and present for birthday! Lovely warm pool!! Lovely break, felt very spoilt

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
oberoicecilshimla, General Manager at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to share your beautiful experience at The Oberoi Cecil in highly appreciable words. We were equally delighted to have you as our guests and look forward to your continued patronage.

Warm Regards
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Oberoi Cecil, Shimla is one of its kind and probably the best in Shimla.
Stayed there on a business trip... everything there was perfect. Courteous staff, good food, gr8 location, nicely done rooms, gym, heated pool... everything you will need in a hill station.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Neeraj K
Dear Guest,

It was wonderful to have you with us on your recent business trip to Shimla. The Oberoi Cecil located in the heart of town is an ideal place to be when one has to explore Shimla for work or leisure. I am happy to read that you took some time out to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. We do look forward to your next trip.

mumbai
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla is truly truly an outstanding luxury hotel in Shimla. Stayed at this fabulous property with my family during the weekend and certainly it was just an amazing experience. The property is equipped with just about everything, right from dinning options and recreational facilities to business equipments and medical services. I had booked my stay through travelguru, so i managed grab a good deal as well. And that made my stay absolutely worthwhile.

Room Tip: the luxury room is definitely the perfect choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this heartfelt review of the experience of your stay at The Oberoi Cecil.

The Oberoi Cecil is a luxury hotel situated at an astonishing elevation in the heart of colonial part of Shimla town. I am most delighted to read that the hotel met your expectations and that you have taken back fond memories of your stay with us. We pride ourselves in creating bespoke experiences for our guests and in ensuring their every need is met.

I thank you for highlighting the various facilities and amenities of the resort and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Offering views of the Himalayas, rooms are equipped with satellite TV, DVD player and tea/coffee-making facilities. En suite bathroom comes with a shower. Some rooms come with a private balcony overlooking the Cedar Garden or Chaura Maidan. Food is excellent.......doing justice to all international cuisines ! Our father is capable of only restrictive walking, so wheelchair was provided through out our stay, with ever helpful staff! Celebrating my husband's 50th birthday made it a momentous occasion at an awesome place!

Room Tip: If u can, please go for the premier double rooms with balcony! There are only 2 per floor so let you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
oberoicecilshimla, General Manager at The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you and the family stay with us. The Oberoi Cecil owing to its central location offers a wonderful opportunity to explore nature and the beautiful town of Shimla. The rooms and the hotel facilities have been carefully designed keeping the needs of traveler's into consideration. Thank you for appreciating the team's efforts.

Warm Regards
Arpit Pant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shimla
Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas
#3 of 111 in Shimla
Hotel Willow Banks
Hotel Willow Banks
#11 of 111 in Shimla

Been to The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla? Share your experiences!