“Phenomenal”
other travellers have booked this property
The Living Room/ Dining area
View from the window
Another bedroom
Luxurious Full Bathroom
The All wooden staircase
Eastern view from cottage in March
Frontal view from windows
Sunset view from Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New Delhi, India
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Set up at 7,000 feet on the outskirts of a small village this place does give you tranquility in Himalayas. I went there with bunch of friends to have some peaceful time and to beat the heat of Summer and this place turned out to be just perfect.
We reached out there in the late afternoon after driving for about 7 hours the breath taking view of Himalayas and the perfect setup of chalet just took all the tiredness away. The rooms are of moderate size and open up into dressing room with a nice and clean washroom. All 3 rooms have equally good view and I was quite hesitant to call any of them master bedroom. The living room was set up in a bohemian style and gives you the perfect feel.
The care taker, Naushad, was a quite helpful and a funny guy who didn't miss any chance to crack a joke. The cook had a narrow escape from being put in a bag and shipped back to my place.
The barbecue in the evening and little trekking up the mountains just adds more value to your stay. If you are looking for a hideout in the Himalayas where you can just relax and have some time with yourself or your friends, it doesn't get better than this place. There are very few minus I could pick, but here are few which could help improve. There were no trash cans in the bedrooms and it became difficult to dump the trash. The power points in the room upstairs were not working. Wifi didn't work for even a single minute but that was the last thing we were bothered about ( honestly I'd have been more happy if my phone was also not working but you get good network coverage at this place).
Now few key points for all the travelers, this place is quite difficult to locate and you have to be in touch with Naushad (the care taker ) for directions, so DONOT plan to reach this place after sunset. Travel with enough cash as the nearest properly civilized area is Chail, which is 18 Kms away.
To sum it up if you are looking for isolation in the Himalayas with nice food and a cozy place to stay, it doesn't get better than this. I do recommend this place to all the fellow travelers( I already have to all my friends) .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Jun 2015
Thank you for your kind words...and many thanks for not not kidnapping the cook!!!! Look forward to welcoming you again soon
AvnishMan...
Mumbai, India
“Best Place to stay in Shimla ,Just feels like Heaven.”
Reviewed 22 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I visited this place in April 2015 with my wife and few friends. I had no idea about this place just did the booking based on online reviews and few pictures that I saw but the place is much better than what you see in photographs. I reached to the bungalow late evening and it was pitch dark but when i woke up in the morning it was simply heaven.Beautiful view of mountains. There is guy called Naushad who took care of our food and complete arrangements, He was really helpful and i had great home cooked food. The interior of the bungalow is really nice and gives you proper holiday kind of feeling.
The Hospitality given by the owner Raja was just amazing , he is a very nice and helpful person. I really had a great time here and definitely visit this place again and will recommend to others as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the food
Liked least: Everything was just perfect
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
PoojaS138...
“Panaromic view with hospitable staff at your service”
Reviewed 15 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

I along with my husband decided to stay at this destination during 6th to 9th march 2015. It was such a wonderful decision I had made, the stay was extremely comfortable with spacious rooms overlooking the beautiful Himalayas.

The hospitality and services were so warm and homely. It was a chapter of seeing the Himalayas and it's magnanimity come alive which I never thought would come true. I will strongly recommend my friends and family to definitely make a holiday to this lovely place. Cheers !!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
16 Apr 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad that you were comfortable in our accommodation, and look forward to seeing you again soon
tarun1660
New Delhi, India
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 15 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015

In the month of Feb 2015 me and my friends wanted to travel to some hill station for a short break but were not interested in any commercial hill station and then someone suggested this place tranquillity in the Himalayas in Shilonbagh, so we decided to visit this place. We reached the property around afternoon and were absolutely spell bound by the location of the property. It was absolutely mystical as the property was way beyond our expectations. Rooms were very well appointed and as u step out of the rooms it was just simply magical as you were in the clouds. The rustic architecture of the cottage is simply awesome. The food is great and the feeling is you are staying at a home in the clouds. Have already planned to visit again very soon and would highly recommend it to all my friends.

16 Apr 2015
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are extremely happy that your stay was memorable. We do hope you will visit us again soon
NatarajKh...
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Everything a holiday should be!”
Reviewed 14 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Drove up from Delhi with two other couples and we were completely blown away by the location, the beauty surrounding the house and the hospitality. For those looking for a spa for your mind and eyes, this is it! Wonderful, comfortable, beautiful... High on my do again list.

16 Apr 2015
So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
TravelFor...
Hyderabad, India
“A warm experience!”
Reviewed 9 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

TITH is a quaint little unassuming resort tucked away from the mainstream for an ideal tranquil holiday. Although I was there with two other artists for work, it was still a relaxing stay. It's located in a village called Shilonbagh, approx 27kms away from the hustle and bustle of Shimla city, still falling under Shimla Tehsil. The views and scenery this place offers you are breathtaking. Don't go their with work on hand as the place is more suited to connect with nature and within than with the outer world. The staff is nice and friendly. The cook aunty cooks such delicious food that you'll end up over eating every time and the caretaker makes you fresh kebabs outside which is a treat. The only part which confused me was my last day when the owner asked me to stay out of my room from morning itself when I had a booking till evening that day. I think it doesn't look nice to ask one guest to put out because there are other guests coming in. the timings of arrival should be adjusted accordingly. Apart from that, I had a lovely stay at TITH and have some memories to cherish forever.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
9 Apr 2015
Hi Unika, Thanks for your kind review; we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay and created some wonderful memories.I am also happy that we had the opportunity to meet with you personally and get your foot injury seen to by a doctor (with our compliments). We would however like to clear the air about your checking out. Firstly, you extended your stay from 21 days to 23 days, (but we only charged you for 22 days' stay). Since we had a party of 8 guests arriving on the day you were leaving, we naturally had to get the cottage cleaned. Even though checkout time is 11am, we permitted you the use of your room till 4pm, and accommodated you thereafter, in the annexe bedroom till 7:30pm. Very few, if any establishments would offer you such personalized service. Lastly, as we write this, we are still awaiting our balance payment, and that too with a smile!!!!
karanbha
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Pure tranquility”
Reviewed 8 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Outstanding location. Very comfortable. A home in the clouds! Stay here to experience the charm of the hills and the warmth of your home.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
9 Apr 2015
Thank you and we look forward to your visit to the cottage once again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing