“Take another hotel!”
Review of Hotel Adhi Manor

Hotel Adhi Manor
Ranked #95 of 104 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We have been in the Adhi Manor in Mysore about 8 times in the last 3 years, in the beginning it has been a good place, but since 2 years it comes down and down and we can just tell now: take another hotel!

Staff are not very helpful. Room service doesn't work, so dont even think of asking for anything. Porter (half the age of me and hands in his pockets) not even opened the door for me when I was loaded up with luggage.
When I complained he repeated several times "call the 9"
9 is the reception, i was standing in front of it, not even 1 meter away.

Rooms are in no good condition. Old, furniture damaged, windows not clean at all, cockroaches in bath. Loud music from the (empty!!! - only staff) disco until 2.30 a.m.
Elevator is switched off in nighttime not to disturb the relaxing staff in the hall.

Room Tip: There are plenty of rooms in Mysore, just have a short look to the internet and in google map before...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Don;t stay until and unless you have no choice, I had a horrible experience. The staffs are not honest and they will rob you. Not worth your money. After food the waiter never returns your balance money. You have to fight for the money to be returned, The commited rates are not clear, it depend on the person on reception on that particular shift. Total rating horrible service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Its a decent hotel. Near bus stand and palace. You can just walk to the shops to buy sarees and bangles. Eventhough the restaurant is so quiet but they manage to provide decent breakfast for us. I am going to stay again this December 2011.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KAMSIAH K
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I really liked staying in this hotel me and my fiance had been for a trip to mysore then we stayed in this hotel it was superb and a budget hotel they gave us discount as well .this is a good hotel to stay .but before staying in this hotel me and my fiance discussed thousands of times whether to stay or not.then at last we decided to stay.the person did not want us to go away from this hotel without staying so we stayed it was just like home.me and my guy had a very good time.but only one minus point is we had our train at 5.00 and the pervious day we had taken the room at 2.30.so we requested him for the extensions of staying of 2 hrs extra and we said we would pay how much it costs extra but the person did not agree.as it is 24hrs based but still we did not have any other source where to stay then we decide to vacate the hotel as per 24 hrs schedule.and we went to visit wax museum.so only thing had to be changed in this some extra time to be given for the customers to vacate as like an hr.but their extra would be only 15 min.which would not be enough.so apart from this hotel is unfortabble one in my life.FROM:GOPI PRIA.(BANGALORE)

Room Tip: it is a good one go for it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pria s
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Don't believe the photographs. This place seems to have been vastly improved since they were taken and previous reviews written. We spent 3 nights there at Festival time. Large comfortable room. Bathroom nice and tidy and well supplied with toiletries. Hot water at all times. Ate in restaurant on several occaisions. Prompt service and good food. Security on the forecourt and set back off road so no hassle from rickshaw drivers, etc. 2/3 minute walk to Palace.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on right close to bar. MAY get some noise from bar (not that we heard it)
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I booked the hotel over telephone. The room was spacious but was not clean. Its not any star hotel but an average one. It looks from outside, but rooms have seepage on walls. The mat at the entrance of the bathroom was very dirty. The table linen on the rastaurant was dirty.

Nearer to bust stand & palace.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front row have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I came into Mysore without accommodations and went through a few of them before I came across the Hotel Adhi. The rooms are very spacious and seemed fairly clean. When I was asking the tariff, he was more than willing to knock off the price... almost 50% for a standard non/AC room. Service was okay, you could tell they were more about the business side. At night there is a night-club in the building and I could here the loud techno music in my room. I managed to fall asleep... but then was woken up by itching on my back. Having unfortunately had the experience of bed bugs before, I am super paranoid about it. I turned on the lights and lo an behold saw a a couple of bed bugs! It was 1:30am and at this point and the options of wandering around Mysore in the middle of the night to find another room as a single independent female was not an option. I then tried to fall asleep with the lights on with an eye mask, because typically come out in the dark, but then peeked out and saw another one on my pillow. I was outta there. I gathered my things and went to the reception to change rooms. He didn't seem too unapologetic and it didn't seem like it was the 1st time. I get to the 2nd room, somehow managed to fall asleep again... then feel itching on my feet. Same routine, turn on lights, see bed bugs! Ugh! I had checked my clothes that I was wearing in the 1st room because that is how they can spread, and made sure they were not on my clothes or things. So it was yet another bed bug infested bed. So basically there was a small couch in the room and I ended up somewhat sleeping on the couch. HORRIBLE STAY!!!!
p.s. The hotel next to it, Hotel Ganesh is a little bit more expensive, but seems much cleaner and more professional. They were also willing to give discounts because it is off season, but it was still out of my price range.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo