“OKay Stay”
Review of United 21 Hotel

United 21 Hotel
Ranked #48 of 101 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
“OKay Stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2010

I zeroed in on this hotel for two reasons, one the other top two choices were already full, second I got a good 50% promotional offer for their club premiere room.
Room was comfortable with all amenities but they seemed a bit dated. There was a bit of stench when we entered but it went away after a while. Staff was good. Parking is limited but I got in on both times I used it. Buffet breakfast is good if not excellent.
The best point of hotel is the location. It is right next to Palace & very close to zoo. we tried their restaurant for dinner; it was okay though a bit pricey; can be avoided. There is a pizza corner inside the same building.
Overall I would recommend it if the same deal is available.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mumbai
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Our Christmas vacations started at Mysore and Hotel Ramanashree provided an ideal location for stay. It offers easy access to almost all the sight seeing destinations and market area. In itself, it is an average hotel which can improve on certain counts. Rooms are strictly okay. The lobby area outside the rooms is forever strewn with dirty room service dishes... Housekeeping needs serious hauling up. Food is good. Staff is courteous and helpful. Overall a good place to stay on a reasonable budget. Will definitely stay there again and hope certain changes are made to better the facilities.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
US
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Stayed for a couple of days at this hotel. Located right in the heart of the city, it does enable one to have easy access to shopping, hotels and transportation. The staff are courteous and do make an effort for prompt action. However the decor is dated and could do with some renovation. Overall, a decent option if you are not spending the entire day holed up in a hotel room!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Me, my wife and my daughter visited Ramanashree hotel on 17th of April 2010. From outside I thought it is a 3 star hotel (as 'they' claim). But after booking rooms we were given room number 112. But the AC was not working there and hence we had to change the room within an hour! Second time we were put in room no. 319. Even that was pathetic, not proper AC, non-working TV and bed bugs! We spent horrible night and had to cough-out Rs.2200!!!! Look out for better hotels like Sandesh De Prince or Pai Vista! We missed it out:-(

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank vinayghegde

Travellers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Like others have said the location is good and from the outside it looks like a nice place.

Inside its really tired looking and quite grubby. The bathrooms are quite mouldy and the rooms have a really strong chemical smell to them.

The lift is also really dodgy - so best to be avoided.

The staff were a bit mixed, some seemed happy to help while others didn't seem to know what was going on half the time.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Myself with my wife and son reached the hotel at around 7 PM. That time it was raining heavily and they could not accommodate any parking lot in the hotel, so I kept my car outside the hotel for about 2 hours.
In the the reception they offered me a suite though I booked a deluxe room which I felt a good gesture from their side. After about 3 hours they called me and asked me to park my car inside the hotel parking lot as their driver left for the day. This was really surprising and the parking lot was very narrow so it took me long time to park my car.
In the dinner we ordered some non-veg items along with one fish menu. The food was very spicy and we felt the fish item might be spoiled. In the mid might my wife started vomiting and we suspect this was because of the spoiled food. So I would suggest never try any fish items there and be very careful about the food in this hotel.
And after repeated phone calls they didn't clear the plates from the room and morning we call them again to clear these dinner plates which we felt is an example of very bad service.
So overall I would say this is a very ordinary hotel and it does not worth paying the money (they changed around 3K per day).

• Liked — Room was good
  • Disliked — Food, car parking and room services
  • Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Arindam G
Reviewed 22 September 2009

..takes a different meaning here in this hotel! Ramashree is an expensive hotel, and it behaves likewise. Treats guests differentially, hikes up room tariffs occussaionally, if it is raining outside, or you are at a disadvantageous poistion! Now what nature of host would do that!..end of the day stay away from the hotel if you can, I am sure I would have had I had more time on my hand to search for options. Location is definitely prime for this place, I bet that is what they are counting on, but it wont serve them good to treat guests the way they do! I got a mouldy room, on the ground floor which I suspect would have been used for staff quarters, bugs in the bed, dirty washroom. No service! I could not call front desk to get the room cleaned, so I walked up to them, and requested..mind you I said requested...and they said they would, and did not keep their word! I am not disturbed by all this, but I just hate feeling exploited by cheap market economics!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple