“Nice Hotel & Pleasant Stay !” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Jade Garden

Hotel Jade Garden
Ranked #24 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Chennai
“Nice Hotel & Pleasant Stay !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked this hotel purely based on Trip Advisor ratings by fellow travellers. I can affirm by saying, it was worth believing. The hotel is worth the money with nice rooms & good location. The complimentary breakfast hasn't got a wide spread but the food quality is good ! Sure shall stay in here, on my next trip to Mysore

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed for 2 nights @ Jade Garden,
Frankly speaking there is no such garden except some 50-60 sq ft of lawn on first floor and that too accesible for Suit on first floor.But inspite of this, Jade Garden gives you full value for money in all respects.
The hotel rooms and pathways were clean and tidy as they appeared in images provided on website Food was nice, Staff was always helpfull,

Room Tip: Suits are only having sunny side.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We have chosen this thru the travelguru not relying on any review but based on price even though it was a little more expensive for a family of 5 for 8 days. IT turned out to be ok but felt that for long staying guests like my family of 5, it was little expensive especially for additional bed which they should have given free.
The breakfast was good compared to general indian standards and the GM, Mr Venkatesh Sharma was very attentive and helpful. Overall the staff was supportive and I extend my thanks and best wishes to the hotel for bright tomorrow. They should have provided news paper free in the mornings
J. Alexander

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

First Impressions matter and this place makes the worst possible one. If you can ignore the security guard who does not bother helping you with finding a parking spot for your car as the response you would expect from an underpaid and disinterested employee, you will not be able to ignore the response from the person manning the reception.

My experience when I went for dinner with my family was that we found the lower dining room crowded so decided to ask the receptionist if they had service on their roof top. The man was on a call so we waited patiently for about 4 minutes, I then tried to catch his attention to ask him if they had service upstairs but to no avail. We waited for a further two minutes before my father had to step in to get his attention but Mr. Important just kept yammering away on the phone. We finally walked out and even though he noticed this he did not bother to try and stop us. This is called "Service".

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vinaysjce
bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

I picked Jade Garden for an overnight stay en route to Bangalore based on the rave reviews here. Frankly, I was expecting better. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't bad. But it wasn't as good as some reviewers would have you believe.

The manager is a nice, if paternal, guy - he actually scolded me on the phone for overshooting a point on the road the first time I called for directions! :-)

The staff at the reception looked completely zapped - or maybe they were just having a bad day - and the lady there insisted I open and boot up my laptop to show her my booking onscreen...before we could check in, i.e. I mean, if they have a booking confirmation from an online booking site and I show my ID and the credit card I paid with that should've been enough...not for them.

The first coffee we had delivered by room service was luke warm. The room was ok (paint peeling off one of the walls, though), but virtually no ventilation in the bath. At one time it got pretty noisy inside the room - not us, it was people talking loudly in the corridor!

Staff didn't have much of an idea of the places to visit and the timings, etc. TV channels pretty limited so we ended up watching a terrible slapstick comedy the name of which I'm glad I've forgotten.

Breakfast too was rather limited in terms of options - although the Chinese we ordered for dinner was quite decent.

Overall, the service staff was much better than the chaps/ladies at the reception. Would I stay there again? Umm...maybe I'll check out other options.

Room Tip: Check out other options...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank eskaypist
Chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We chose the hotel from the trip advisor and it did not turn out to be bad. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Food was excellent and overall the staff were very co-operative. On the price front we feel it is slightly on the higher side. We have to make a special mention about the cab driver Gururaj from the near travel park. He was extremely courteous and well behaved. On the whole we had a fantastic stay in this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

For the price we paid, we were very happy. Clean rooms and room service was excellent. Don't know if we will visit Mysore again. But if we do, we will stay here again.

Front desk people we helpful and they helped us in planning our trip in and around Mysore. They can arrange 4 cabs as well.

• Stayed June 2012