All reviewsvalue for moneycomplimentary breakfastresidential areapleasant stayhotel is locateddosarailway stationclean roomsmysore palaceample parking spacetasty foodtourist attractionsbreakfast spreadcourteous staffzoorateskms
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel was very good - only problem was food and service in restaurant. The restaurant was clearly understaffed and waiters were not able to keep track of orders and deliver food. The idli-chatni in breakfast buffet was surprisingly bad for a restaurant in south - maybe result of under-staffing.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Good Hotel, Good Breakfast and Nice staff. Rooms were clean. After complaining that we were getting same breakfast they did change the menu next day. located close to the Main attractions and they did have a travel desk which was helpful to us.

I had done My booking through Clear trip and was surprised to know that although my voucher had clearly mentioned extra child (10 Yrs) the hotel staff told us that they had been paid by Cleartrip for Only the rooms and not the extra child. After calling Clear trip and telling them that I had added an extra child and that the price increases once I add a child, they insisted that I had not paid for the extra child although my Voucher mentions the child clearly. I was told that they will call me back in 4 Hours which they did not. After me calling them again and escalating the call to a supervisor I was again promised that they have will get back to me in 24 Hours for which I insisted on a mail which they did sent assuring me that the call will be resolved. Its been more than a week now I have still not got any calls from them. Infact I asked them to send me the entire transcript via mail so that I can take it up with Consumer Forums.
I eventually had to pay extra for the child to the Hotel.
Cleartrip said they may have a technical glitch in their portal. I am a IT person Myself. You cannot have a system doing two different things at the same time. I did tell them to add a child and see for themselves if the prices are increasing or not which they admitted but for some reason I was not charged for the same even though I have a voucher saying the same.
I am asking them to give this to me in writing but they have not responded at all.
I think its a nice way of making money.

Room Tip: I did not see a swimming pool
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The hotel was overall nice - however after reading all the reviews and ratings, it was slightly below our expectations. They say its a 4* property, but its only 3*.
The food quality (breakfast) was disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is my second stay at the Jade garden hotel. What I really like is that it is close to most places and the city market. Plus it is located in a beautiful area near to fabindia store.
Food and room service is also very good. A must stay place until and unless you only like to stay in luxurious hotels :).

Room Tip: Suite rooms are good.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you are looking out for a reasonably priced, clean hotel for stay with family, this is the place. The hotel is centrally located, just 2 kilometers away from the railway station. The food in the restaurant is excellent.

The Wi-Fi signal in the room is just horrible. If you move away from the center of your bed, you will lose the signal from the router which is placed just 5 meters away. Something must be done about this by the hotel owners.

When you checkout of the hotel, double check your bill. The counter clerk offered a bill which was totally different from reality. I had already paid for everything online in advance including taxes and I had to pay only for the extra bed for my daughter, for laundry and for the food I had at the restaurant. The clerk came up with some mumbo jumbo, calling it as some tax. I cut him out saying everything has been paid for already, including taxes and will not pay a single pie more than the above mentioned. He had infact over charged me for simple things like mineral water. I disproved to him by showing the bill where I had signed and he had no option but to agree. These are trivial issues, but things which matter to the guest, because if you are not alert, you lose money.

Apart from this, the hotel was a great place to stay and was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 1st floor. NEVER book a car from the hotel's travel desk because the charges are simply exorbitant. There are plenty of call taxis outside in Mysore and you can call any one of them for sightseeing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family