“Nice hotel, quiet area, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Jade Garden

and 1 more site!
Hotel Jade Garden
Ranked #29 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, quiet area, good value”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A very nice small hotel. It is in a quiet street about 20 minutes walk to Mysore palace if you wanted to, plenty of taxi and tuk tuk options available. A small comfortable foyer/reception area which leads off through doors to the restaurant for breakfast or evening meals. Breakfast is primarily Indian, there are cereals but no cheeses and meats but does have fruits, toast and eggs to choice for Western tastes. Dinner has a good choice very well priced menu and the food proved to be very tasty and promptly served. The rooms at the hotel have the usual facilities safe, refridgerator, good tv, wifi, a/c spotlessly clean, bathroom toiletries etc

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KS&HC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Gurgaon, India
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I had a very short trip but was an excellent stay. Staf and service is great and also the food. Will loke to come again. Location is fine, silent environment. Close to Ramaswamy circle, easy to get around.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KS830929
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Hotel Jade Garden took me by surprise! At the entrance itself, the huge french windows made the hotel look quite spacios and the greenery outside just enhanced the look inside. The rooms were also spacious and room service was up to the mark.

Do take your toothbrush and toothpast as this is chargeable. The toiletries are also not that many.

Breakfast is limited to South Indian and Omlettes.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mamtu
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Hotel room was comfortable. Bed, Bed spreads, toilet and furniture were comfortable. Food was upto the mark. Not too great and neither bad as well. Staff were well mannered. Travel desk was helpful in arranging transportation for us. The booking was done through a friend who stays in Mysore and it was hassle free.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thane, India
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have travel to out of india also but such horrible experience i had never had.

1st of all i had booked with travel guru including kids and when we asked to hotel people they asked for extra 500rs as they said travel guru payment does not include the same.

breakfast was supposed to b complimentary.i asked milk with bournvita for infant .they said we dont give it in restaurant u have to call room service for same for which they charged me rs 73. just imagine they said u can have unlimited milk but for 1 spoon bournvita we cant give u free u call it in room for which u have to pay extra. all over no hotel will be having such complimentary breakfast wherein bournvita 14 spoon is charged.all hotels have various options for kids.

also they had only wadas at 7.30 which was time of breakfast. then at 8 idli was kept in buffet.no cornflakes till then.when we were leaving restaurant someone ordered dosa which were not kept in buffet .when we asked restaurant people they said we serve same only if u require. such a horrible hotel i have never visited my life.restaurant people are also horrible.no manners to talk. i recommend travelguru to plz stop rating and giving stars to such hotel whereby no one will rely u.

instead of giving 73rs for 1 spoon of bournvita i would have bought 1 bottle from nearest store and given them free so that next time they dont refuse any kids.

2 Thank jigargogri
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Hotel was very good - only problem was food and service in restaurant. The restaurant was clearly understaffed and waiters were not able to keep track of orders and deliver food. The idli-chatni in breakfast buffet was surprisingly bad for a restaurant in south - maybe result of under-staffing.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Good Hotel, Good Breakfast and Nice staff. Rooms were clean. After complaining that we were getting same breakfast they did change the menu next day. located close to the Main attractions and they did have a travel desk which was helpful to us.

I had done My booking through Clear trip and was surprised to know that although my voucher had clearly mentioned extra child (10 Yrs) the hotel staff told us that they had been paid by Cleartrip for Only the rooms and not the extra child. After calling Clear trip and telling them that I had added an extra child and that the price increases once I add a child, they insisted that I had not paid for the extra child although my Voucher mentions the child clearly. I was told that they will call me back in 4 Hours which they did not. After me calling them again and escalating the call to a supervisor I was again promised that they have will get back to me in 24 Hours for which I insisted on a mail which they did sent assuring me that the call will be resolved. Its been more than a week now I have still not got any calls from them. Infact I asked them to send me the entire transcript via mail so that I can take it up with Consumer Forums.
I eventually had to pay extra for the child to the Hotel.
Cleartrip said they may have a technical glitch in their portal. I am a IT person Myself. You cannot have a system doing two different things at the same time. I did tell them to add a child and see for themselves if the prices are increasing or not which they admitted but for some reason I was not charged for the same even though I have a voucher saying the same.
I am asking them to give this to me in writing but they have not responded at all.
I think its a nice way of making money.

Room Tip: I did not see a swimming pool