“Awesome! Excellent rooms,food and staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunlarge Home Stay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Sunlarge Home Stay
Ranked #27 of 137 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Awesome! Excellent rooms,food and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

This was the first time we stayed at a home stay. The food was very good and is made to the guests requirements. The rooms were very clean and the house is very well maintained. The backyard has adorable rabbits and they have 2 friendly dogs as well. The staff were very helpful.. It is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank BKSekar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

The location's great--away from the city centre but not too far, the rooms are neat and spacious, and the water flows hot. So why weren't we excited about the place?
For one: it's not a home stay, it's more in the nature of a serviced apartment, so don't go expecting the family to welcome you. We didn't even see Arun during our two-day stay.
Two: Arun's hardly communicative, which made me tear my hair out trying to inquire about the place and book a room. I should admit, though, that Arun was hugely accommodative the two times I wanted to reschedule (only a few rooms were booked so I guess he could).
Three: The staff were rude and their service mediocre. On the day I reached there, as I was showing my son the lovely rabbits in the enclosed backyard, one of them curtly told me to sit for lunch as it was getting late. That was about 2pm. The second day he told my wife to take my 1.8-year-old son away as he feared the other 'guests'--a foreigner had checked in--would be disturbed.
For the breakfast that comes as part of the tariff, we were served thick, tepid dosas the first day, and were offered idlis the second day, which I rejected and asked for pooris. We had reason for other grouses as well with the staff, though the ginger tea they served was excellent.
Don't bother asking them for tips on places to visit, they provide a listing and leave it at that. Do your research on the Internet, rather.
Pro's: nice location; good, clean rooms; the rabbit enclosure that my son loved.
Con's: poor service, and the disappointment of being cheated by the 'homestay' tag.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Arun ks k, Owner at Sunlarge Home Stay, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear Sir We thank you for your review. since our family is out of station on your date of visit due to some personal work. we extremely sorry for any in convince .we take it as an suggestion to improve our service in coming days, Arun
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Rooms: Spacious, Clean, Comfortable with clean attached bathroom.
Food: Excellent homely & hygienic food. After having one meal there, we opted to have all our meals there instead of trying anything outside.
Service: Excellent. The cook was particular in following our requests about the food for my son.
We reached there after a long drive from Bangalore (owing to nasty traffic jams). There were steaming cups of coffee for us in minutes without us having to request for it.
Location: A bit away from Mysore city, so very peaceful.
Price: Very reasonable.
Bonus: They have 2 super cute & clean rabbits in their backyard in case your kid loves animals.
If you plan to drive there, look/ask for the Mysore Wax museum. This place is right next to the museum and is very close to the zoo too.

3 Thank Amol_Vaikar
Thane, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I stayed in Sunlarge homestay with my wife and 2 year old son from 2nd November till 5th November 2012. It is located in very descent and quiet locality. Most of the tourist places are very much accessible from here. Rooms, Common hall, kitchen and surrounding area kept very clean. Kitchen was also well equipped and it was allowed to use to make food for my son. Manager - Mr. Arun and both caretakers / cooks – Mr. Kumar and Mr. Srinivas were friendly and helpful. Food was homely and really excellent - especially dinner. They serve good complimentary unlimited breakfast (fixed / limited menu) with room charges.
This place is perfect who are traveling with kids as they have 2 small dogs, 2 rabbits and 2 lovebirds in their small backyard. Our son thoroughly enjoyed playing in common hall and with rabbits. Although they have limited parking space but its manageable. They have internet facility as well.
The cost for AC room (INR 1750 per day including breakfast) was reasonable considering mentioned facts. Check-in / check-out process was also simple.

It was true "home away from home" that too in city like Mysore.

Room Tip: We stayed in ground floor so my son was having easy access to backyard. but all rooms are nice.
5 Thank sameervg
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

Very friendly and cooperative staff. Very accommodating owners. They are animal friendly too. reached bit late but our room was ready without advanced booking. They are trustworthy. I will recommend this place to whoever visits Mysore as it is located in the heart of town yet in peaceful locality that you will love it. Yes it is bit expensive compared to other stays but good things comes at bit of premium.
Enjoy.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank VishwasTengse
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

Hi,

I stayed @ Sunlarge Home Stay, Mysore for one day(one night and 2 days). It was one of the best holiday trip and stay i had in my life. The day from the which I started enquiring about this with Mr.Arun till i checked out, the response and guidance was really appreciatable. Mr.Kumar (Caretaker) and Srinivas(Chef) were cordial and friendly to us ensuring that we are confortable in what ever possible way. The food ( Alu Parotta -Breakfast & Lunch )was delicious and and fresh(homely) moreover it was served on our convinient timings. The rooms are very big and tidy well maintained, especially bathrooms (including hot water). As entertainment they provided free of internet service and play area with pets( Rabbit, Sparrow and dogs). enough parking space and easy accessibility to all landmarks in mysore city.

I would recommend this as one of the best place with reasonable rates for a family visit to Mysore rather than going for hotel rooms .

My stay details and facilities provided:-

Date : 2nd nov to 3rd Nov 2012
Duration: checked in 3PM and Checked out by 12PM
Rate : 1850'-
Additional bed charge- 400/-
Breakfast - Free(2 person)
Food Timings - Dinner till 9
Internet - Free
Hotwater - Yes
Parking space - Yes
Dining/Kitchen facilites - Yes( Microwave)

Hope this would help you to decide

Rakesh Radhakrishnan
R.T.Nagar, Bangalore

3 Thank RakeshAdvisor
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Great place and centrally located in Mysore, pretty close to the palace . Clean and pretty big rooms at reasonable prices. Arun was always helpful with the booking process and recommending places to visit. The food was also very good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends