“Good abode !!!!”
Review of Royal Challet

Royal Challet
Ranked #109 of 152 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2013

A good hotel which provides good infrastructure and services.Had been 2 mysore couple of weeks back...needed a quick night stay n chose this hotel(suggested by frnd)...falls well within ur tight budget..the staff was very friendly.....i wasnt expecting outstanding service but the food amazed me.... clean , well kept n managed rooms.....overall a thumbs up

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank anup22

Reviewed 5 June 2013

This hotel is worst. I reached this hotel at 11 pm for one night stay at Mysore. I booked this hotel in hurry. When I reached the hotel, reception guy gave me keys and thats it !! he did not even show me the room where exactly it is. when I enter the room there were only one light which was working and it was in the room only. in Bathroom there were no light bulbs. power plugs were not working. I was not able to charge my cell phone. horrible experiance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Harsh S
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I kinda got bowled over by the really good pic they had put up in the booking website. Just was unable to find that non-existent view of the hotel when I went though !!
The first room I went into... I put the bag on the bed and two cockroaches crawl out! The reception guy immediately arrived when I called as if he was expecting the call! They gave us a slightly bigger room. This is the only pro of this place. the rooms were spacious..really spacious. The sheets were clean.The bathroom was reasonably clean.
I asked for mineral water when I checked into the second room a sit was part of the inclusions. The guy flatly refused and when I insisted sent a jug of water saying it was purified water. I drank it but got a bit suspicious because it smelled. On opening the jug, well....it had so much floating particles that all I could do was barely hold down my dinner.
Food is good and cheap but after this episode I dared not eat here. Mysore generally seems to have crappy hotels but why would I pay 1K to stay so far away from the city and suffer this??

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bulletwalah
Reviewed 18 February 2013

If at all you have plans of visiting mysore for a weekend or long vacation, you can find lots and lots of accommodation around. Eventually, what matters is what you need !!

I was looking out for a decent(budget) yet peaceful accommodation for a family over the weekends as it was casual trip to mysore. I have been to mysore a no of times and have stayed in quite a bit of budget hotels and thought of trying Royal challet this time. The place itself is somewhat peaceful away from usual city traffic and noise , perfect for the family and couples.It has both AC and Non Ac rooms that are quite big enough for a family of 4. Rooms had neat beds with clean western toilets, shower with hot water all the time. All rooms had LCD TV attached with cable connection. This hotel has big parking lot with gated security , unlike with some of the hotels in mysore where you have to park you car on the road side. Of course, for the tariff it offers this is the best you can get. The only drawback i found was it is quite far from the city and other sight seeing spots in mysore .However it consume you much time in mysore to go around places.

I can bluntly recommend this place to family and couples , if one is travelling by car and not by bus or any public transport.

Room Tip: It is advisable to get familiar with the location/route of this hotel before you could actually star...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The service was quite good.And the cleanliness in the rooms were also good.Staff are also good and helpful people. The only bad experience what I had once power supply is gone they doesn't have power back up service,i mean UPS or generator service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Sholden K
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I opted this hotel to stay only for a night while having a trip for Mysore-Ooty. I have got the worst experience in my life while staying here. I didn't find any single thing even OK there. The rooms are big but were stinking, even basic room service was terrible, the behavior of the receptionist and other staffs was disgusting and they don't provide bills for any payment unless until you ask for it. So this is not a hotel for anybody to have a pleasant stay even for a single night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sanjib7das
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We have stayed at Royal Challet , Mysore for 1 Night 2 Days, which was our loving and memorable stay over there.

The Hotel is located 3 km away from Mysore City and gives a calm and quite atmosphere to the tourist. Their rooms are very large and more comfortable with modern amenities. Very neat bath room and toilet. Overall, we had a great experience over there.

Their restaurant is not that much standard as it felt like a normal restaurant as this hotel is a 3 star property. But the food they served was delicious. They don't have swimming pool, Spa and such types of facilities.

I will recommend this hotel for all

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends