“GREAT AND CALM STAY ,WILL GO BACK”

Treebo Spektrum Suites
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Kottayam, India
“GREAT AND CALM STAY ,WILL GO BACK”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

planned for one night stay how ever extended for another day due to location ,gud recommanded hotel ,,,need to promote the restaurant for inhouse ,,,,,great stay ,,,gud staff.booking inadvance will be better ,since weekends are busy

Room Tip: try to book in advance
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GODSOWNMANI
Mango-Hotels, CEO and Guest Care Executive at Treebo Spektrum Suites, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thanks for the kind review and hope to have you back time and again both in Mysore and at other mango.hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I Booked there Best Suite the Club which costed me around 3500+. The room was clean and neat. There was a living area a huge balcony but there bathroom are very small. Its just not acceptable.
The Food available at the hotel is Ok but its nice that they have a list of hotel menu kept in the room for you(More like help yourself) from Pizza hut to chinese.
Its located 6 kms from the main city.
Its not worth you go for the club room given its price tag. But its a nice place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vikramrp
Thank you for your kind words and we hope to serve you time and again both in Mysore and at other Mango.hotels
Bangalore
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We were looking for a hotel for a night's stay in Mysore during May 5th weekend and our budget was around Rs. 3000. Finally zeroed in on Mango Suites Maestro after reading reviews on TripAdvisor.. We tried booking over phone, but the price exceeded to that mentioned in the website. When we asked about this, Manager at the hotel suggested us to book online.

Hotel is in a very calm residential area. Car park in the basement is bit rough. Would suggest to park car by the roadside instead.
The staff were cordial and we were given a neat and clean road side room. Room is big enough for a small family to relax. There is no lounge area as such but a bay window compensates for this..Bathroom was very clean and tidy..

The only let down we felt was the Veg Restaurant attached..Food was pathetic..My kid wanted bread toast, but the bread which he got was fungus infested on the sides. When we pointed out, they served us another piece, but with sides neatly cut :-). and they charged us for this :-)..
Next morning when we went for breakfast, we were presented a menu card which said unlimited tea/coffee/juice etc but breakfast dish is limited to 1 dish per person. Didnt know Complimentary breakfast also means this :-)..Anyways, we ordered Idly,Vada and Dosa. For hardcore vegetarians like us, sambar and chutney were completely inedible as it had lot of garlic. So we skipped it and had tea instead.
One relief is that there's a restaurant called Tomatina right on the main road opposite the EasyDay mall. Can go there for lunch and dinner..

Other than this, we liked the stay at the hotel, staff was courteous and polite. Don't mind going back again to the hotel (not the restaurant!!)...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rammohan_12
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spektrum Suites, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We are extremely delighted, that you enjoyed your stay at Maestro. The process of improving F&B has already been initiated. We assure you, that your stay in Mango Suites hotels, be it in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Agra or Amritsar will be an enjoyable one.
Bangalore
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We had an weekend visit to Mysore, and decided to try out this property this time.
The location is convenient, not too far from the city, must've been around 5 kms to the Mysore palace, this is 'far' by Mysore standards, but not an issue if you have a vehicle at disposal....
Locating this place also is not an issue since it is place right next to a mall and a short distance from Basappa memorial hospital.

We had taken an executive room, booked over phone (avoid this mode of booking - more on this later).
The check-in process was smooth and quick, the staff were friendly and unobtrusive.
The basement parking is a bit tight at the corners, choose to park on the road or risk a few scrapes.

The room was clean, well maintained and very comfortable. We had got road side rooms, I guess this would be better than looking over the back side of another house (this is in a residential area slowly becoming commercial).
Got sound sleep - being in a quite neighborhood helps, and probably attracts guest who appreciate this, for there was pin drop silence barring the generator kicking in several times during my stay.
Do note that this is not a place where you could lounge about, it does not have large spaces. But is more than adequate for getting the 8 hours of recharging.

The morning buffet was, not in the 'excellent' category, but was good. Again the staff were attentive and helpful

Now, the reason why I strongly suggest not to book via phone but to go via the usual online booking. When my wife booked this place, she was told the cost would be 2300 (all inclusive), but at the time of check out we were told that this is the price not including taxes!!
I did not want to end a good weekend over this.

Overall this is a good place to stay, some place i would consider coming back. But get the prices committed in advance!

Room Tip: Choose the road side rooms, you get to see some open space and the morning sun streams in through th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TTDh
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spektrum Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your valuable feedback. We are delighted that your stay with us was comfortable. We assure you that this is not our practice,and shall investigate your phone booking, so that no guest go to any discomfort, whilst booking.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed with my parents here for just one night, but my experience was bad enough for me to resolve never to come back here again. Starting with the directions to the property. They say it is just next to the Easy day mall, but it is actually not. It is in a lane after easy day mall. There are no sign boards or anything for anyone to get to the place. The check in was smooth, we got to our room, extra bed that we had requested promptly put. The room was not as clean as I would expect a 3 start property to be. And soon after the air-conditioner stopped working. I called the reception and someone comes after 10 mins tried to switch off and switch on the AC nothing happens goes saying that he'll send someone else and another 10 mins go by no one calling or nothing. It was terribly hot day and the room was becoming suffocating. After waiting for 10-15 mins when I called the reception again I was told that we are being shifted to another room.
We finally settled in our room with a working AC. When we checked in we had asked if we could lunch and we were told that there is menu card in the room. We call the room service to order and we find out that their kitchen in under renovation and they cannot provide us anything. Great, shouldn't we have been this before ?? They could not even provide tea / coffee ( we did not want to have the milk powder tea coffee, which can be made in the room).
The next day morning breakfast was complimentary, we went to have breakfast we were presented with a menu sheet for complimentary breakfast, which says I can order unlimited tea/coffee/ juices but I can order only 1 dish for breakfast anything other than that I would have to pay. Please someone teach them what is the meaning of complimentary breakfast.
On the positive good note, the breakfast was really tasty and the staff in the restaurant was very courteous and nice. But I would not stay in this place again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank swatilr
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spektrum Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We take it very positively,We are deeply perturbed, by your uncomfortable stay with us. We will look into the matter, and take the necessary steps to ensure that such occurrences do not happen again, with any of our guests.
Mumbai
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed two nights in Mango Suites, Mysore. Secured, quiet, relaxed & high-quality. Well organized Team. Predominantly Manager Imran with team is very good-mannered, Pleased & cooperative helped me to chose good room. Comfortable and Great Place to Stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spektrum Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is guest like you, who gives an impetus to the morale of Team Mango, and help us in sustaining our standards.. We look forward to your stay in our other Manngo Suites Properties in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Agra and Amritsar.
toronto
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I had a terrible experience at this hotel and checked out after one bad night.

I do feel the need to point out that the staff on duty was helpful, courteous, and when things went really wrong in the evening the day manager came in off-duty to see what he could do. As helpful as they tried to be, they really had no clue. I wasn’t even offered a better room until I had already packed up my suitcase and made it known I was checking out at first light.

This is a very basic business hotel for the budget traveller. My room had bare bones built-in furniture, no shampoo or other bath amenities, soap in a wall dispenser, shower only, and only one office style chair to sit on.

The walls had stains all over them, disgusting. The one chair was filthy, I did not want to sit on it. The built in counter was stained and chipped. My sheets has some stains on them. Clearly they had been well washed, but were still stained. Gross.

My room was located beside a power generation facility adjacent to the hospital which resulted in loud engine noises throughout the night making sleep impossible.

My room door had a problem and wouldn’t open half the time. The lock read the card, clicked, but the handle mechanism would seize up. When a staff member came to check it out, his solution was when I got stuck I should go to the front desk so someone would knew the right way to jiggle the handle could let me in. Unacceptable.

Fortunately I test check room safes before I put my things in them. Good thing, it locked and would not open. After more calls to the front desk someone came up, opened it with their key and changed the batteries.

We tried to have dinner at the hotel restaurant. Picked a variety of starters and mains. Not one item we selected was available. Not one. The server kept trying to direct us to the dessert menu. We ended up ordering take out from an outside restaurant and eating in the nasty room. At breakfast at the hotel restaurant we were served stale bread and rotten fruit before we got up and left.

I cannot recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wheres-fluffy
Mangosuites, Director of Sales at Treebo Spektrum Suites, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Mango Suites endeavours to keep all our guests satisfied, for their entire duration of stay with us, not only in Mysore, but also at Agra, Amritsar, Bangalore and Hyderabad.

We thank you and are delighted by your kind review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.