“Do not expect to stay in a Palace”
Review of Fortune JP Palace

Fortune JP Palace
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The location of the hotel is nice closed to every thing by tuck tuck. However, the service is poor regarding Indian standard. The room is ok no thing exciting and the bath room is badly made.
The swimming pool is not attractive at all.
We did not feel like trying the restaurants.. the one on the roof which seams to be the best is unfortunately a buffet which we do not thing is a good idea for occidental people in India to eat from.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PIXSQUARED
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.
The Terrace Grill and Tandoor Restaurant serves only Ala’-carte with a live Barbeque station. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, when we can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Warm Regards
Saravanan Dhanabalu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I was lucky to stay at this hotel because my original hotel was double-booked and had no room for me.

The rooms are very comfortably furnished, very clean and well serviced. The shower in my bathroom was excellent.

The hotel is within 30 minutes walk of the city centre although there are always rickshaws parked outside. It's easy to get to all the attractions from here - Zoo, Palace, Charmundi Hills/Temple etc.

I ate several 'buffet' meals in the ground floor restaurant. There was always a great selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. The salads were beautifully presented and very fresh and the deserts were all very tempting! The house wine was very drinkable, although it was difficult to persuade the waiter that I was capable of drinking a bottle of the stuff rather than just a glass!

All the waters and staff that I came across were friendly and professional. I was even aided and abetted by one of them to gate-crash a New Years Eve party that was taking place in one of the function rooms, where free drinks were flowing.

If I have any criticism of this hotel it is that the check-out procedure is a little slow, but I was not in a hurry!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continuous patronage and your compliments. I am glad to know about your overall satisfaction and that we could contribute to make your stay enjoyable here in Mysore.At Fortune JP Palace, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.
Looking forward to pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I went there on a business trip and stayed only for 1 night
This one is a new hotel and quite good to stay in
Breakfast is good and so is dinner
If u like to sit in open then they have a nice roof top restuarent

Room Tip: Quite close to prime locations in mysore
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback & your generous appreciation of our hotel facilities and services offered by our team.
I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.
Warm Regards
Saravanan Dhanabalu |

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Spent the Apr end weekend at this hotel. We had booked two fortune club rooms. Overall our experience was a mixed bag.
Let me start off with the positives.
1. The hotel is situated in a lovely location in the heart of the city with close proximities to most attractions.
2. Very easy to locate, especially for people driving from Bangalore.
3. The rooms are large, clean and efficient.

Here's what offset the good part
1. The hotel website does not have a credit card gateway to make reservations. Instead, we were asked to pay half the rent as deposit into a specified account, 72 hrs prior to arrival. That was very surprising that such a large hotel did not have a credit card gateway. Any way’s, the deposit was made. During check out, I was initially presented a bill for the entire amount without my deposit reflecting on the invoice. On mentioning that, I was asked to log into my bank account and then produce a copy of the payment. This entire process took close to 30 minutes. One would not expect this from brands like Fortune.
2. The most disappointing experience was at the bar. We had some free drink coupons. We were completely shocked by the attitude of the waiter (not bartender). Almost everyone who came after us were served. He didn’t even note our order for starters. After inquiring 45 minutes later, he mentioned that the food 'may be' coming. And then he went and placed our order. We had planned to stay for at least a few more rounds of drinks. We left immediately.
3. After coming home we realized that our package mentioned, free half day's sightseeing. But , that was never offered to us throughout our stay.
I hope these are just one off incidents and do not reflect a standard pattern of service offered by this hotel. May be I would opt for some other hotel in my next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd level (club rooms) are a good option
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Epicurious263
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Guest

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. Your observations on payment gateway and service quality are been taken up by the Food & Beverage /Finance Team respectively.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2012

They say First Impression is the best impression , so we should have got the message with the first interaction itself . On our way to bandipur , we dropped by for lunch and checked if we could get a room for wash & change as we had our 2 and 1/2 year old kid along with us .We even tried this only because our driver mentioned that they offer this option if we have a booking in another 2 days. Straight came the answer that they cannot give us one . We did not mind that , had a nice lunch and were even surprised that the lunch bill was not like a star hotels.It was very economically priced for a star property . We came back to check in 2 days later ..and that afternoon we immediately left our room to see the mysore zoo . After a long walk at the zoo, the exhausted me came to reception to collect my room key and the reception staff tested by patience by making me wait for atleast 15 minutes to give another key . I did not know what took him so long to decide to give me another key and it was they who had misplaced our room key.But he chose to search for the key amidst the whole bunch and also answered phone calls inbetween while i was waiting along with my toddler son after a long day at the zoo.It's an Irony that in spite of this not so great incident, they repeated a similar one with my husband where we walked our way upto the room after a long day of sightseeing at mysore palace and stood in front of our room for another key as what was given to us the next day also failed to open our door!!! we could still bare with all this -but serviceeeee!!! Pathetic ..how on earth they call themselves a star property when -we had to remind them thrice about our requests like charger & extra amenities that was almost forgotten by them to be kept in the room.And the coffee shop has a combination of not so nice staff and extremely friendly ones. Very few of them were very service oriented and others almost did not bother to heed to our requests. Every time i had to look for a friendly face like Karan or Sundhar to help us with a refill of water or any other request .But why should that be so!! Who ever attends to anyone should ensure guests are comfortable . This is a great property if only the services were upto standards -i would not call it a real five star hotel !! I would not consider going back here again!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Vijayameenakshi
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune JP Palace.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have visited 5 times in this Hotel (Fortune JP Palace) One year back with my groups. one thing I cant not forget that is food of this hotel special mutton, Hotel is new but services are heart touching. Behavior of staffs are nice.,Wonderful location (very near to Phenomena church and Mysore Palace) compelled to to write this review..

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dilip2812

Dear Guest,

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The present hotel in Bangalore, Fortune Trinity had organized my stay over the weekend at Mysore fortune and i really had a nice time, good weekend getaway spot and very nice hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Look forward to your next visit.