“Decent hotel away tucked away from crowded noisy areas”
Review of Fortune JP Palace

Fortune JP Palace
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Good clean rooms, good food at the orchid restaurant. The restaurant on the terrace (terrace grill) is very small and was very noisy with not a lot of choice on food. Very good and friendly staff. Swimming pool is inconvenient and closed after 6:30 pm.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with windows opening into the gas station on the east, people filling gas have a direct...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jaganr
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear Guest,
At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Mysore city.
I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities. Thank you for your feedback. We will look in to it.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune JP Palace and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.
Saravanan Dhanabalu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We tried to stay elsewhere but expedia had double booked and needed us to move. On arrival, the hotel appeared quite promising. Dinner that night on the roof top restaurant was OK but the arrival of the food was disjointed and with tired kids that didn't go down well. The room was OK but the staff appeared suprised that we weren't prepared to share a double bed with our 2 small kids. The following day we realised that the pool was cordoned off and drained for maintenance. This was a real blow as we specifically wanted a pool for the kids. To be fair, the hotel arranged to take us to another hotel locally where they had arranged for us to swim. That night we wanted to go out for a meal to an out of town resort. We asked the hotel to arrange transport and naiviely said that we didnt want the car to wait (we would get another taxi back). When we checked out, the bill for transport was outrageous. On questioning the management team I was told that the minimum billing period for transport was half a day. Had we been told this at the time of booking, we would have reconsidered our plans. On a more positive note, the restaurant staff were lovely with our kids. Unfortunately however, the lack of pool and feeling that we were taken advantage of by the transport billing arrangement left us with a bitter taste.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jigsworth

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that the points of dissatisfaction will be duly addressed as we are committed to achieve excellence. We highly value your patronage,additionally requesting you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.
Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you back, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed here for a night on our way to Coorg. This hotel is nice 4 star kind of business hotel.
We could acommodate our two kids (15yrs & 10 yrs) in the same room with 1 extra bed.
We were very happy with the vegetarian spread in the buffet (there were lot of eggless deserts too). The staff was also warm.
The day we were there, the swimming pool was not working.
We had a good, comfortable stay here. Would definitely stay here again if we are in Mysore.

Room Tip: Even the basic room is nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continuous patronage and your compliments. I am glad to know about your overall satisfaction and that we could contribute to make your stay enjoyable here in Mysore.At Fortune JP Palace, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.
Looking forward to pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have staying at various hotels on my regular visits to Mysore. I needed a change and booked this hotel after reading a few good reviews on Trip Advisor.
First of all it is there right in the centre of the city, but away from the madening rush and crowd. Clean and cozy. We stayed for three nights. Unlucky for us we had to shift twice, once due plumbing issues and once due exhaust issue. Nevertheless, the place is absolutely wonderful to stay. The staff are very helpful and courteous and well trained.
The pool is, shall I say "Cozy" as it is just small enough to have a splash and few quarter laps. The hotel is extremely clean and the restaurant is fantastic.
Above all they take you seriously, which is good. I had a few issues which when brought up to the management was addressed to by mails, and an international phone call to reach me to know about the problems. This only shows that they are serious about their job.
I for one would definitely go back next time and every time to them\

Room Tip: Go indulge yourself and you will not regret
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback and your warm words of appreciation. Looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Fortune JP Palace. Assuring you the best service at all times.

Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

We spend 2 nights here. Nice rooms nice breakfast and buffet dinner has lots of option . Service is also best . Only improvement is needed for travel desk
I got bad exp. from driver they give , he tells everthing negative we asks.
Sagar shah .

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Sagar-shah
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valued feedback. While I have noted your positive feedback, I was indeed distressed to know of your experience with the travel desk & deeply regret the inconvenience caused. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, when we can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

The location of the hotel is nice closed to every thing by tuck tuck. However, the service is poor regarding Indian standard. The room is ok no thing exciting and the bath room is badly made.
The swimming pool is not attractive at all.
We did not feel like trying the restaurants.. the one on the roof which seams to be the best is unfortunately a buffet which we do not thing is a good idea for occidental people in India to eat from.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PIXSQUARED
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice.
While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.
The Terrace Grill and Tandoor Restaurant serves only Ala’-carte with a live Barbeque station. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, when we can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I was lucky to stay at this hotel because my original hotel was double-booked and had no room for me.

The rooms are very comfortably furnished, very clean and well serviced. The shower in my bathroom was excellent.

The hotel is within 30 minutes walk of the city centre although there are always rickshaws parked outside. It's easy to get to all the attractions from here - Zoo, Palace, Charmundi Hills/Temple etc.

I ate several 'buffet' meals in the ground floor restaurant. There was always a great selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. The salads were beautifully presented and very fresh and the deserts were all very tempting! The house wine was very drinkable, although it was difficult to persuade the waiter that I was capable of drinking a bottle of the stuff rather than just a glass!

All the waters and staff that I came across were friendly and professional. I was even aided and abetted by one of them to gate-crash a New Years Eve party that was taking place in one of the function rooms, where free drinks were flowing.

If I have any criticism of this hotel it is that the check-out procedure is a little slow, but I was not in a hurry!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Looking forward to pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.