“Amazing Experience, modern facilities with a heritage backdrop...”
Review of Fortune JP Palace

Fortune JP Palace
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 12 August 2012

It was just an accident that I had to stay over in Mysore for a night. And after having decided that I spend a night, then thought " why not get pampered", as it is going to be an accidental break. After reviewing the reviews, I decided to try this place. And, how nice, it turned out to be. I booked myself a Club Category room and went in with a lot of expectations, result of my great experience at Fortune Select Regina, Goa. And I can only say this was a "great experience". As always my practice, as I get very attached with great place and service, I overstayed. This place offers a feel of the Old Mysore Palace kind of setting but with contemporary amenities. The breakfast options, which for a guest is well beyond expectations(as with any Fortune breakfasts) but as a foodie myself would expect a little (very little more of the traditional Karnataka Stuff) which are more native. But their bisibelabath and Mysore Masala dosas are things to die for. It was an unusual experience for me to see bisibelabath for breakfast as we consider this as a lunch item, but my enquiries revealed that it is a practice in that part. Breakfast over, then what... It was obviously the great Bali Spa. Very honestly, I, personally am not a spa person. But, this place blew me off. Great services and a very very relaxing experience. So the day travels and it is lunch time. Why not Oriental cuisine and it was real good and not to regret my choice. But what took all the points earned very slowly through the day was their Terrace & Grill roof top. With the great views of the Chamundi Hills and the nice weather, not that you want anything else but the smooth cocktails made perfectly to your taste and the awesome live sea food fare, grilled to your taste and mood. This setting made me feel the night shouldn't end. What great way to spend an evening. Great wines and even more great bbqs and what on earth can I expect more. Now, people would understand the reason for my overstay. The service was also very non intruding and get what you want kind, very very professional. Mysore is a leisure destination but this place is leisure multiplied. If you are looking at ideally relaxing and want the best things, try this place once.

Fortune JP... You won my heart... Eagerly waiting for my next reason to cross Mysore territory to find an excuse to touch base with you again... Great place, greater food and a greatest roof top and the cherry is the staff attitude... I am not able to find a reason to complain, so sad. An experience by itself... Thanks guys, for making it so good, my stay was awesome and one of the best in my travel life.

Room Tip: Look at Club Rooms or Suites...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bvsprasanna
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the wonderful feedback on our hotel features & facilities while your positive comments on our team inspires us to keep doing better to make every guests stay memorable.
Look forward to pleasure of serving you once again in near future.

Sarvanan Dhanabalu

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. It claims to be a “luxury” hotel and it does boast a good central location, at least 2 restaurants, a bar, two shops, a “travel agent” and a “spa” but be aware ! Everything you get besides room and food cannot be charged to your room and when you order a taxi to go some place from the “travel desk” it’s rip-off prices and they get you to pay cash for no receipts. Same for the spa, where I got a massage that was really not optimal, but admittedly inexpensive, and then they asked me to pay when I had just gone up from my room in my bathrobe…. I had to get the manager to intervene several times. Upon arrival they didn’t know what kind of reservation I had ! They asked me and then tried to cheat me out of my special package offer with internet and several coupons, which I finally got. Breakfast if very minimal, not much food I could eat (non spicy) and the service was sow and awkward. While at the pool, I asked the adjoining bar if I could get some drink and food and they said “no”. Hours later, someone came, as I was about to leave and asked if I wanted something to eat or drink! The whole personnel is completely disorganized… They never replaced the amenities in the room if I didn’t ask. My toilet was leaking… The rooms are a fair size, comfortable and cozy. Again, if this place wasn’t so badly organized I might think better of it, because they do have the capacity to be a good hotel, but they don’t seem to be making an effort. Be sure to check your bills and orders…

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PallasParis
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. Your observations on payment gateway and service quality are been taken up by the Food & Beverage /Front Office Team respectively.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

Regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed there for a week, during a business trip. The only negative experience was the hotel gift shop. They cheat the customers, their "Mysore silk" is mixed with polyester, their "100% pashmina Wool" is 100% synthetic. I was skilfully talked into buying it by a long personalized conversation. Given that all was lies, this is quite disrespectful. The shop returned the money in full on first demand. Still I find it unacceptable for a gift shop in a hotel with good reputation. Beware!
Except of that, the experience with the hotel was excellent. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good, providing the Western and Indian options. We ate in all three restaurants and found that all of them are good: tasty and friendly. We also used in room service, it was fast. One can also have a lunch in the hotel, we found it convenient. They provide a local newspaper each morning to the rooms, reading it helped us to understand this province better. From what I heard from my colleagues staying in other hotels, JP Palace is clearly among the best options to stay in Mysore.

Room Tip: We had a great view on Chamundi Hills.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable & Exhaustive feedback. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities. In Fortune we strive to make the guest experience as nice as possible and words such as these encourage us to do more.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that the points of dissatisfaction will be duly addressed as we are committed to achieve excellence. We highly value your patronage,additionally requesting you to treat this as an isolated incident.

Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you back, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hotel is designed and crafted with palatial architecture. Beautiful views of landscaped gardens, interiors and magnificent Chamundi Hills steals anyone's mind. The interiors are so designed and crafted to captured the ancient beauty of Mysore.
Well appointed rooms are equipped with all modern facilities. Besides this hotel also offers swimming pool, fitness center, sauna and body treatment. The exceptional thing which I noticed here was the ROYAL HOSPITALITY which was offered. Staff and management is no nice and well trained. Best place to stay in Mysore.

Room Tip: deluxe room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gauravMumbai
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Mysore city. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services and facilities. Your affirmative feedback on our team inspires us to keep doing better to make every guests stay memorable.

Looking forward to pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We only stayed there for a week-end and the room was nice, clean and well maintained.
The water in the shower was hot and the stream constant with enough pressure (not been the case in some place I stayed...) The mattress was good and the room was quiet. It was also close from most city attractions.

We tested the breakfast and lunch at the buffet - it was ok/good but for the price I had lunch at better buffets. The swimming pool was appreciated by my fellow travellers after a day spent visiting while sipping a cocktail.

We had no time to test the spa facilities, despite its being very tempting.

There is a small shop selling silk scarves and pashminas in the entrance hall should you need to bring souvenirs.

The staff in the lobby and at the entrance were helpful and very polite.

As for small things, I had put the 'do not disturb sign' and 'no laundry' sign and someone rang to check the minibar and bring a newspaper. As it was my check out day not a big problem but had it happened at the beginning of my stay, I would probably be somewhat irritated.

Now for the negative part: no free wifi. It's not 2006 anymore. You pay your room several thousand rupees with a luxury tax - yet, you have to fork some more to get some wifi.
It's not the price I complain about but the fact that's it's not complimentary: given the prices of the room, I expect that most people who can afford the place also will have a smartphone or a laptop or a tablet PC...

Overall, still a pleasant stay in a good room at a great location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continuous patronage and your compliments. I am passionate to know about your overall satisfaction and that we could contribute to make your stay enjoyable here at Fortune JP Palace, Mysore.

Viewpoints from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

Me & my team at Fortune JP Palace looks forward to your next visit to our hotel and committed to provide you with higher standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Super luxury Hotel in Mysore and at very calm location.........still close to all interesting attractions of the city.

Staff are very co-operative and food is very good.

Launge bar is also nice place to visit in Mysore with attractive pricing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Mr. Krupanidhi,

Looking forward to pleasure of serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Hotel is new and the rooms are well maintained. The food is great and they have fantastic variety. I enjoyed specially the dinner at roof top watching a foot ball match over BIG projector. The pleasent wether adds more fetaher to wings and made my evening memorable. The only part which is challenge is too many electricity fluctuations which are not in hotel control. Also the pool is bit small but for a 4 star hotel, its more that enough. Over all a decent hotel to stay over night. The best value that this hotel brings is its fantastic location. Its in the heart of the city and all the tourist locations are very near to this hotel.

Room Tip: You can sk for a pool side room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple