“Standard soulless hotel”
Review of Fortune JP Palace

Fortune JP Palace
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
New Delhi
“Standard soulless hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is one of those typical franchised / licenced hotels that seem to dominate the tier 2 cities. Impersonal, bland, nothing to distinguish itself and certainly not something that would leave you with any memories.
No complaints but really there has to be something positive.
If the hotel is full, breakfast is a slugfest - something that the management needs to address urgently.

Room Tip: Go for a club room and ask for one on the front side of the hotel - you have a nice view from there.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune JP Palace.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune JP Palace, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Manoj Kumar Mavi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was in Mysore for 2 days with family and relatives and looking for a good hotel with not very expensive price. I got a good deal through a travel website (direct hotel booking was expensive) and booked the hotel.

The rooms though a little small were neat and very clean. The staff is courteous and tries its best to fulfill the requests. I never heard no for any of my requests and they accommodate you even out of their way. I have a small kid who is 2 years old and eats only in room. The staff obliged by allowing some b/fast to be taken in room for serving him.

The buffet breakfast is very good with lot of choices.

The hotel is close to city: 2-3 kms away. Hence it was easy being in hotel and going to nearby places.

Inhouse dining is expensive including lunch/dinner buffet and would recommend having food in the city.

I would stay here again (at the price I got) when I come back to Mysore.

Room Tip: Try the room facing the hill/garden.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your review of our hotel and are grateful for your appreciation of the staff and our facilities. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for a day on business.. Have stayed in many fortune chains in india this may not be up to the standard of other fortune chains interms of ambience & facilities.
Pros:- Clean neat & tidy rooms as in other fortune chains. Room size relatively small not very huge but should be ok for a couple..Close proximity to main city centre
Cons:- Customer service definetely needs improvement. The bed had a cranck noise when you lie on it may be the springs were damaged..Toiltery accessories not up to the mark of other fortune chain & lastly the price charged there could be better options to look for..But overall & OK option in the city centre if you are looking for a couple of days stay..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I will convey this feedback to my Executive Housekeeper who will review your recommendation. Despite your disappointment of the customer service, I do hope you will consider returning to stay with us in the future when you can be assured of our best attention.

Needham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in late May for 2 nights. The service was exceptionally good. The concierge desk and front desk arranged cars and transportation very well. The lobby was pleasant and comfortable. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean and spacious.

One thing I don't understand is why there are so many light switches. Every single light has a switch and I continually had to figure out which switch I had to flip. Minor thing ......

The restaurant also had a good selection at breakfast and during the dinner buffet, and the host was very friendly. I didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and well-kept.

Overall, by American standards, this is a great hotel for American visitors. I would stay here if I visited again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

It needs to have some attention to detail but the food was good and it is easy to get to places from it. The travel desk either wasn't that knowledgeable or they were ready to finish for the day because we booked a trip to Bandipur and they didn't really help us figure out the best timings and ways to do it. Still, clean hotel and good price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, 9 June 2014

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 June 2014

One can stay like a King in a Palace. Clean Rooms, Excellent Breakfast, Nice reception, Gentle Staff, Nice Location, Very silent area, Zoo and other attractions very near, Food & leisure very near and finally Excellent Hospitality

Room Tip: High floors are the best
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit such a wonderful review of our hotel, staff, services, & location.
We are extremely delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us.

Austria
Reviewed 2 June 2014

to get internet was a litlle difficult but finally everything was good, they need to renovate a lot, but the hotel has a good restaurant, staff is very nice, location is central and the roof top is nice - the staff is excellent and very helpful !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing the WiFi & internet connectivity issue to my notice will look into it.