“Nice Experience”
Review of Fortune JP Palace

Fortune JP Palace
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

All-in-all, we had a good experience. The hotel is conveniently located. Restaurant ambience, quality, taste and variety of food - everything is good. The staff should improve in service. Car park is not connected to the hotel through elevator and it is really troublesome if the valet drivers are busy parking other cars.

I once booked through makemytrip.com and once directly with the hotel. Had a pleasant experience both the times.

Room Tip: When you book directly with the hotel, don't forget to negotiate!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations.

Your feedback is most valuable to us. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly improve our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better service.

We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

There are newer reviews for Fortune JP Palace

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We are really very disappointed with the kind of management and customer service we have received with ITC group which is otherwise so much respected.

We transferred money on June 4th & We stayed on 7th of June at Fortune JP Palace. We checked in on June 7th, we insisted Front desk on checking the amount transfer done on June 4th with all the furnished details of transaction. They checked with their account section and confirmed it. Check in process took lot of time & we give them hint, this will reported in public forums.

During check out on 8th June, Front Desk started asking us pay extract amount as they have not received amount. Front desk has no answer when we asked how they confirmed on previous day (7th June, We had furnished our statement indicating bank transfer via NEFT). They asked us to pay money, in case of extra, they will transfer money back. Excuse given to us was, being a Sunday (7th June), they can’t check bank transaction. (Now a days everything is online )

Today (16th June), again I got mail saying from Ms Rekha they have not received money. They are haunting us after even after 10 days. We have told them to check with account team & stop sending mails. Finally Rekha confirmed today evening (16th June) they have received amount.

Very very sad to keep writing and clarifying from ITC, where all the details should have been checked and kept ready before the arrival of the guests and not haunting them even after 10 days. They continued to do same even after we told that we will report our bad experience in public forums.

We will not chose this group of hotels for further visits and will never encourage anyone to take too.

2  Thank rrblrtraveler

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune JP Palace.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune JP Palace, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is one of those typical franchised / licenced hotels that seem to dominate the tier 2 cities. Impersonal, bland, nothing to distinguish itself and certainly not something that would leave you with any memories.
No complaints but really there has to be something positive.
If the hotel is full, breakfast is a slugfest - something that the management needs to address urgently.

Room Tip: Go for a club room and ask for one on the front side of the hotel - you have a nice view from there.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was in Mysore for 2 days with family and relatives and looking for a good hotel with not very expensive price. I got a good deal through a travel website (direct hotel booking was expensive) and booked the hotel.

The rooms though a little small were neat and very clean. The staff is courteous and tries its best to fulfill the requests. I never heard no for any of my requests and they accommodate you even out of their way. I have a small kid who is 2 years old and eats only in room. The staff obliged by allowing some b/fast to be taken in room for serving him.

The buffet breakfast is very good with lot of choices.

The hotel is close to city: 2-3 kms away. Hence it was easy being in hotel and going to nearby places.

Inhouse dining is expensive including lunch/dinner buffet and would recommend having food in the city.

I would stay here again (at the price I got) when I come back to Mysore.

Room Tip: Try the room facing the hill/garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your review of our hotel and are grateful for your appreciation of the staff and our facilities. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for a day on business.. Have stayed in many fortune chains in india this may not be up to the standard of other fortune chains interms of ambience & facilities.
Pros:- Clean neat & tidy rooms as in other fortune chains. Room size relatively small not very huge but should be ok for a couple..Close proximity to main city centre
Cons:- Customer service definetely needs improvement. The bed had a cranck noise when you lie on it may be the springs were damaged..Toiltery accessories not up to the mark of other fortune chain & lastly the price charged there could be better options to look for..But overall & OK option in the city centre if you are looking for a couple of days stay..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I will convey this feedback to my Executive Housekeeper who will review your recommendation. Despite your disappointment of the customer service, I do hope you will consider returning to stay with us in the future when you can be assured of our best attention.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here in late May for 2 nights. The service was exceptionally good. The concierge desk and front desk arranged cars and transportation very well. The lobby was pleasant and comfortable. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean and spacious.

One thing I don't understand is why there are so many light switches. Every single light has a switch and I continually had to figure out which switch I had to flip. Minor thing ......

The restaurant also had a good selection at breakfast and during the dinner buffet, and the host was very friendly. I didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and well-kept.

Overall, by American standards, this is a great hotel for American visitors. I would stay here if I visited again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

It needs to have some attention to detail but the food was good and it is easy to get to places from it. The travel desk either wasn't that knowledgeable or they were ready to finish for the day because we booked a trip to Bandipur and they didn't really help us figure out the best timings and ways to do it. Still, clean hotel and good price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014