“We felt lucky to stay here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Mysore Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 144 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Durham, New Hampshire, United States
“We felt lucky to stay here”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband, 13-year old niece and I loved our 8-day stay at the Mysore B&B. Stephen let us stay there even though he was out of the country visiting family. While we regret not meeting him, he was VERY helpful and VERY responsive through email. He made suggestions for places for us to visit, guided us in regard to tipping, etc. He clearly is very conscientious about making sure his guests enjoy their stay.

In his absence, Manjula, the housekeeper and cook, took very good care of us as did Vasanth the auto-rickshaw driver whose services are available to B&B guests. Manjula made wonderful breakfasts for us, both Western style and Indian style, that always included a great fruit salad. She also made dinner for us a couple of nights (for an extra fee) and did our laundry. Manjula's English is limited and our Kanada is non-existent, but we managed. Vasanth translated as needed. Vasanth was also very accommodating to our needs, brought us to cool places, explained what we were seeing, etc. He also had a good sense of humor and was fun for us to hang out with.

The accommodations are clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is relatively upscale and quiet. The neighborhood was one of the few places in Mysore where we felt safe walking as the traffic in Mysore is a bit intimidating for the uninitiated. The nearby restaurant is convenient and the food is good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
sfindia7, Owner at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Such a shame to have missed you guys. I've heard back from all the team (Vasanth, Manj and Vinay), who really enjoyed spending time with you. I do value the personal feedback you've given and you're spot on.... I do this for many reasons and top of the list is because i want people to share and appreciate this wonderful place and its people and perhaps gain a bit of an insight as to why I love it so match. well you guys clearly made the most of the trip, glad you had a good time. I'm also sorry i wasn't able to take you on a cycle tour as I could have shown you another side to travelling on the roads, looks a challenge but is such a wonderful experience. ;-) my very best wishes, Stephen
ps and look forward to your return trip!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Mysore B and B is a great little place. The owner Steve is a great host, a raconteur and a cool dude! His cycle tour was excellent and his hospitality just perfect. Manjula's food was fantastic, Vasanth took us to Srirangapatham and showed us around the city brilliantly, and Lucy the dog was the real star - cheers all and we'll see you next time!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
sfindia7, Front Office Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Hey, I love meeting our guests and particularly like finding out the foreign adventures, especially when they follow a dream and move abroad that some have done, like you. Great to get to know you and share insights. thanks for the feedback and great that you could test out all the team Like Manj's great cooking, Vasanth's rickshaw rides and of course the MYcycle tour. Mysore becoming an amazing cycle city down to the leadership of the Deputy Commissioner, check the news when you can. my very best,

stephen
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The rooms are comfortable and the bathroom is clean. Everything else about this place is just like home. Stephen is very friendly and helpful regarding what to do in Mysore. His cycle tour was awesome. Manjula was very nice and made fantastic food. If im ever bak in mysore i will stay here again!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank canadianhockey91
sfindia7, Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Lovely to meet you and great you could join the MYcycle: Mysore Cycle Tour. The BnB been surprisingly busy even now when its really out of season and many guests are also joining the tour. I'm just catching up with the reviews in a lull here at the BnB. Manj has conked out after a v busy day and Lucy well, whoever suggested a dog's life was a bad one!! I hope you do get back again, all the best, Stephen
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed to days in Mysore and although it is short time, we got a lot of insights from stephen what to do and what is worth seeing. Stephen is very helpful and welcoming.

The house is clean and very confortable staying there.
Only downside was that Manjula was not there, so that we could taste her home made food. But well, Stephen, the british breakfest was very good too;)

Carsten

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cabo2001
I always feel guilty when Manjula isn't there because she so enjoys meeting you guests. (as of course I do) But she does keep taking these holidays.... I joke, she doesn't take nearly enough holidays. Thanks for the review and the feedback, breakfasts (veggie of course: mushrooms, toast, fruit and scrambled egg) are proving to be a real success and especially now the sea buckthorn jam! Hope to meet you again, Stephen
Bow, Washington
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed at the Mysore Bed and Breakfast in May and found it to be comfortable and Stephen is above and beyond a gracious, sensitive host. He went out of his way to help us on short notice - he is interesting and helpful in every way. He even drove out to the main road on his scooter to help my directionally-challenged friend and driver find his way to the home.

We had been travelling since early morning and had driven to Utti to find out that our room reservation had been canceled for unknown reasons (I suspect it was because we had gotten a great price quote and then they figured they were busy and could fill that room for a higher rate so canceled ours without notice).

So we called Stephen and asked if we could change our reservation to that night instead of the next and he graciously did and got the room ready, etc. for a late arrival. I arrived about 8 or so and was exhausted from the long day.

The only thing that kept me from giving this property five stars was the noise - it is a residential home and it sits on the top floor of a two-unit property I believe. There is a new building being built next door and it is very close. There is also a family downstairs. I realize that it is in town and will not be totally quiet - however, the noise level is quite high as the family downstairs keeps late hours (as do most Indians) and the noise just echoes around between this home and the new concrete building next door - I seriously could hear every word they said (and hear them use the toilet) and everything else. If I had had earplugs, no problem. But I was exhausted and the noise kept me from sleeping. And then they were up early (maybe about 6) in the morning and I, again, could hear everything they did. This was the only thing that was a minor problem for me.

There was great hot water - no showers so be prepared for the Indian bucket system which works fine - and the bathing area was spotless clean and the breakfast was wonderful. Stephen cooked it himself for me as his cook was off that morning.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others -

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
sfindia7, Guest Relations Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Thank you for your review. Pleased you could fit us in such a whirlwind tour of the south. I hope you managed to find great places for your future guests and the trips are a great success.. Just today, I've agreed to take over the downstairs house so we'll have extra rooms from October.(I promise its still small with four bedrooms and will an informal sharing of my home that guests will experience). so no problems from neighbours in the future! Hope to meet you again, Best wishes, Stephen
Reviewed 15 May 2012

For starters is Mysore a great place to vist and get to now the true beauty of India. The Mysore bed & breakfast is a verry friendy, honest, clean place to stay. The owner Steven is a great guy who can help u with almost everything but also a great guy to drink a beer with. The staff is verry helpfull with good priced ricksha tours in Mysore or food and drinks. Rooms are comfortele and clean and the rooftop terras makes it a perfect place to enjoy India.

Thank you!
Lawrence (holland)

• Stayed February 2012
sfindia7, Guest Relations Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Thank you Lawrence for the great feedback. It was lovely to meet you. The temperature has increased as we're now in the Summer with the occasional storm. Everything has quietened down as we're out of the main season but still new guests are arriving. I hope we meet again,
my best wishes and happy travelling,
Stephen
Bangalore
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have to agree with the other reviews, a very warm and welcoming place! We (with our 3 kids of 1, 2.5 and 4 year old) stayed with Stephen for 2 nights. As soon as we arrived it seemed like we had known him for years and he wasn't deterred by the kids, instead he was in there reading stories and playing games. For families with young kids it can be a challenge to go for B&B's but this one is definitely a gem. Highly recommended. And the benefit of being able to organise walking and cycle tours with Stephen and his partners both in Mysore and the surroundings make it easy to explore, with or without your own transport!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
sfindia7, Front Office Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for coming to stay. I had a great time meeting your whole family and the kids were, of course, the real stars! I love the different dynamics that are created with the changing guests and your three brought a completely new fun aspect to the place. As you were my first young family to stay I was concerned to ensure they were safe and had a good time. From your review there's no doubt you all did as much as me! It's also the first time I've been to Srirangapatnam and paddled with the guests ;-) so on the list for future development are cycle rides with seats for children (in srirangapatnam) and baby sitting ;-)
Thanks once again for the fun and I will most definitely stay in touch,
Stephen