“Wouldn't stay anywhere else!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Mysore Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 144 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Seoul, South Korea
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Had an amazingly comfy, warm and homely experience during my stay!
My room was spacious, clean and relaxing.
Hot water available for a shower and a clean bathroom.
A small kitchen to prepare tea and wash fruit.
Manjula makes amazing tea and prepares wonderful breakfast!
Overall, good value for money and I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
sfindia7, Owner at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you for coming to stay at our place and realising how wonderful is Mysore. So many people are surprised when they arrive here to find there is so much to do in and around the city. Great that youndid realise and thank you for such good feedback. Its great to list and show through your photos, what it's like to help prospective guests understand what it's really like. It's been quiet for the last two months, as we expected. It has now just got busy with a full house tonight and a great mix of people from different nationalities and cultures. Helps me realise how lucky we are to met such lovely people. Hope you do return.
My best wishes,
Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

What more could you want from a bed and breakfast? Great bed? Check. great shower and fresh towels? Check. Excellent food? Check. Fantastic hosts who have great local knowledge? Check. Mysore bnb is fantastic. I stayed longer than I planned and chances are you might too. You can find their email on their Facebook page for bookings.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Trvlry
sfindia7, Manjula's assistant at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
so pleased we ticked the boxes!* thank you for coming to stay. Manj and I are just relaxing here after supper. Its been a great month, very few guests but that allows more time to get to know you guys. Great entry in the guest book, thanks you achieved the objective, not boring! ;-) wishing you great travels do stay in touch. I now have photographs of traditional housing and something that's similar to what I envisage. will post on web site. I've decided to offer to single travellers... day trip on Enfield Bullet, cycle tour and lunch, thanks for helping develop it. best wishes,
Stephen
madrid
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I arrived to Mysore Bed and Breakfast after two months of traveling around India and Burma, and I felt at once it was the PERFECT place to be!! It is clean, lovely decorated, full of light… and Steve and Manjula really make it such a unique place.
I enjoyed excellent breakfasts and dinners (best indian food I had in my travel!!) cooked by Manjula, and Steve was always present, friendly and helpful… a really amazing host!!
I felt confortable and at home all the time. I was taking yoga classes in Mysore during my stay, and moving all around the city by scooter (I rented one) was easy and great fun.
I would especially recommend the cycle tour that Steve organizes to Srirangapatnam, an amazingly beautiful and interesting place I wouldn’t have known otherwise: it was greeeat to go around with him by bicycle there!
Thank you so much, Steve & Manjula, I loved to be there with you and see you soon... I will definitely be back ☺

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
sfindia7, Deputy Host at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
We're missing you, come back now! Name change not sticking? ;-) but I'll not mention it here! we had a lovely time together thank you for making part of your adventure here in our humble home. Photos including of our research cycling in Bylakuppe are on Facebook. I've since discovered the workshop where they make the massive Buddhas we saw in the golden temple. It will most definitely be on the new MYcycle tour. Also have brand new service, one-on-one guided tours on the Royal Enfield Bullet! Once I get my act together, there will be more photos on Flickr via our new Manjula web site. I hope the travels continue to be good . My very very best wishes, peas and love, Stephen
London
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stephen showed his willingness to accommodate guests before we'd even met him, as we rather cheekily requested that we have our tabla lesson in his home about an hour after we arrived - not only did he cheerily agree, but took the teacher's number in order to offer lessons to future guests. And it was uphill from then on, really - warm conversation, super food from Manjula, and simply a fantastic time overall. When we said we only had one complaint - the invisible mosquito trapped in our room - he promptly went out and bought a zapper, a kindness which was much appreciated. We could have stayed here a lot longer, and would make a detour to Mysore again to enjoy such warm hospitality. Thanks Stephen and Manjula! / Caroline and Lesley

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
sfindia7, Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
We hope you're adjusting back to life in the UK. Thanks for the link you sent, nice to be featured. How is the drumming going? .... I was also in UK in May for a little work and to catch up with family and friends. I was lucky to have reasonable weather. It's pretty quiet at the mo now I'm back here so Manj is taking it a little easier and it's well deserved. I have a new toy... Enfield Bullet... Boys eh? ;-) I'm already getting requests for guided tours on the bullet. I'm in the midst of creating new MYcycle tours so still plenty to do. Manj is watching her regular soap, Lucie is mooching around as usual. A recent guest got into singing bowls.... Up in Gokulum... You're fave place ha ha.... I didn't realise they were for 'therapy' I thought they were for playing... So we might get the chap over here for combined drumming and singing bowl sessions ;-) hope we meet up again... Best wishes, Stephen
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stephen sorry about my tardiness in writing this review but since leaving you we travelled up north and just got home.
Anyway to be honest I didn't really want to give you a positive review because I was worried too many people would go and there may not be availability when I wanted to go next :)
But conscience got the better of me so I suppose I better be honest.
Manjula and Stephen run a great home but without Manjula's input I think Stephen would be a bit lost. (Like that Steve ?) The way she runs that kitchen is great to see. But seriously Stephen is a mine of information and they run a friendly, cosy and scrupulously clean home. The food is healthy and the beer is cold. What more can you want ? And the conversation is always interesting.
Vasant runs great day trips around Mysore and beyond which are excellent value and he knows the right places to take you. And if course he's reliable and safe.
Stephen sets the tone of the place with his casualness and you feel you're right at home.
Thanks for a great couple of days Steve and I will be sure to visit next time I'm in the area (if there's availability)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
sfindia7, Director of Sales at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
I knew it! You'd spotted that lost look in my eyes and the sarcasm in Manjula's voice when she calls me boss. The bed and breakfast is Manjula with a hanger-on (aka me) that has a pretty good life. Just to prove it, I'm now in the UK for some corporate work and to see my sons. The BnB is running even better without me :-) with Vasanth's able assistance. thank you for a great review and in response we've now started a special reservation scheme for returning guests... Of which there are already quite a few....guests who return during the same trip and even repeat bookings year on year. We also have a new presence on the web manjulasmysore.in hope to see you again and do stay in touch. Best wishes, Stephen
London
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed for four nights with Stephen and Manjula at the Mysore b&b after one night at the Park Lane hotel and really enjoyed our stay.
We had a really lovely simple room on the ground floor of Stephen's house. There was a shared toilet right next to our room and a bathroom with hot water just down the hall, these were though only shared with one other room on the ground floor so we weren't waiting to use the facilities at any time. Everything is super clean and immaculate! The bathrooms are spotless!

A fantastic breakfast was served each morning up stairs with fresh grain breads, jams, beautiful fruit salad, cereals, curd and scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes. It was a fantastic start to the day possibly the best breakfast we had in Southern India. They also offer free filtered drinking water throughout the house which was a great addition as well as free wifi throughout the house.
The b&b is set quite a way from the centre of Mysore in a residential area with very little there but it's easy to get a rickshaw to all the sights.
There was also a trusted rickshaw driver who is. Business partner/friend of Stephens who is on call anytime to pick up from the b&b to do trips anywhere in the city which was really great to know you're not going to get ripped off or taken to a random shop!
In summary Mysore b&b is a really lovely place to base yourselves to explore the surrounding area and you'll be we'll looked after and welcomed warmly by Stephen and Manjula.
We loved our stay and the whole experience but one thing we'd suggest is more relaxed common areas especially downstairs where you can lounge and hang out to read or play cards with fellow guests as it can get a little claustrophobic in the bedroom. But this really is a very small point on an otherwise perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
sfindia7, Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Thank you for your great review. The detail is of real value to help prospective guests know realistically what its like. It's quieter now so I'm away for the next few weeks in the UK to keep up with the corporate work and especially to see my sons. We're pleased to offer two lounges and two outdoor sit outs. We're reorganising the upstairs to help create more shade and keep,it as a great chill out place where it's possible to sunbathe. I'll ask guests over the next month or so,how they would make the downstairs lounge and dining room more comfortable. I have just. Over more of the tribal art work down there and that includes a lovely carved bench. In any case do letme have your own ideas and I'll endeavour to incorporate them. Best wishes and stay in touch, Stephen
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Thank you Stephen, Manjula, Vacent and Lucy for a fantastic experience in and around Mysore. Your comfortable home and atmosphere, the amazing homecooked excellent food, the refreshing beers and wine and not to be missed the active converstaions! Loved the Sea Buckthorn juice and condiments. Keep up the great work you make a wonderful trio, plus Lucy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
sfindia7, Owner at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you... So pleased you found it a relaxing respite. We're getting a little ourselves now as its just a little bit quieter. Glad you liked the sea buckthorn jam and juice. It was worthwhile getting it from the Himalayas and we'll restock in a few months. I'm away for a few weeks in the UK but the team will still keep things going great. Just begun developing a new mycycle cycle tour in Bylakuppe to add to the ones in Mysore and srirangapatnam that will be ready for next main season in October. Take care, stephen