“Marvellous Mysore B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Mysore Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 153 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stephen was an absolutely fantastic host, you are made to feel at home from the get go with Stephen's friendly nature and good stories. Wonderful breakfasts, excellent coffee, lovely rooms (even the living rooms), clean, nice fluffy towels. Stephen has loads of local knowledge and direct to the best places for whatever you want. We really liked the location - short rickshaw from town centre, nice, quiet and friendly. Go there AND DO THE BIKE TOUR (best bit of the stay) Thanks Stephen!

• Stayed: April 2014
sfindia7, Manjulas Sidekick at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

so sorry this response to your review has taken aeons to write. Your cousin: A and 'new' husband T came to see us again this year and hopefully we'll see them again in March. They created lovely videos of Manjula cooking and of the Srirangpatnma cycle tour that are on our main web site on the visuals page. Remember the super art show/meet the artist thing at the museum? Well we've bought even more and manj is forever complaining that there is no more room on the walls! Hope to see you again, best wishes, Stephen

Reviewed 16 April 2014

What an excellent host Stephen and Manjula are!! Indeed the best place to stay in Mysore…I had visited Mysore B&B during our 16 days road trip in June 2013 with my wife and 1.5 year old daughter. From the moment we entered Mysore B&B we were sure that it was the right place to stay since we were travelling with our daughter.

Stephen was accommodating considering the fact that we had just barged in without any booking. The entire premise is very tastefully made with an eye for details. Fluffy towels and clean linen are promised and that is exactly what you get. Cleanliness and hygiene are commendable!

Stephen and Manjula are very hospitable; you are free to use the living room on the ground as well as the first floor. The collection of books in the library is excellent. Stephan is very well read and enthusiastic, can keep any conversation rolling. He is very well acquainted with Mysore and would guide you well in case you need. Manjula is a very good cook; they serve healthy breakfast.

Would definitely visit once again to go for a bicycle tour with Stephen to Srirangapatna!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The only thing I didn't like was that I had to leave again ,after staying here for 8 days (longer than I had planned already) Staying here felt like home away from home. I loved Manjula's cooking. The whole place was also very clean and well organised and comfortable.
Stephen is always helpful and friendly, it was was most relaxing to stay here , and I hope I will be able to go back there someday. Manjula and Stephen : THANKS.

Room Tip: Try to book in time, so you are sure to have a room . In case Stephen has no more place ask for Lady...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IngerKristien
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We only had a day in Mysore but Stephen, a Yorkshire Tigger with the gentle humour of his home county, made sure we enjoyed it. His enthusiasm for India, for Mysore and for life in general makes him a brilliant host, and Mysore is a relaxed and fascinating place. We have already decided to go back - apparently there is some island worth seeing...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
sfindia7, Manjula's Assistant at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hi Susie, thank you for a lovely review. I've just realised that the lethargy in the air that we have to tolerate this time of year has held me back from responding to reviews. I need to get my wotsit into gear. It was great fun meeting you two even though it was the briefest of snapshots. I've had a good look at the blog and now I'm really impressed that you fitted Mysore in at all!! I enjoyed finding out about your time/work in India and of course the travels. I promise that when you return to visit that famous island I'll let you get a word in edgeways
;-)
keep in touch and let me know of your new adventures when you land back in blighty. eh.. and we've now joined the twitteratti and manjula things its hilarious but I'm not sure from my bizarre explanation that she has the first idea of what its about.
peas
Stephen

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I went when Stephen wasn't there.. But Manjula was a champ and helped me whenever I needed any help.. My room was comfy and clean.. Breakfast time at the BnB is so much fun with wonderful ppl to chat with.. The breakfast was a wide spread affair and was delicious especially the amazing homemade bread.. Babu, the auto guy who took us around was a gem and made going around a lot more easier! And they have Lucy who just showers you with her love :) will always come back to this place!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
sfindia7, the man who annoys Manjula at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

hey, glad you enjoyed it.
Sorry not to have met you but manj and i have just loaded the photos on the computer so now I've seen your image and heard from Manj, I feel a little more that we've connected.
When I first had the idea of the BnB, I wanted to create loads of shared space so that guests could meet each other and share their incredibly diverse experiences and equally they could find quiet little cornersy not to have met you but manj and i have just loaded the photos on the computer so now I've seen your image and heard from Manj, I feel a little more that we've connected.
Hope to meet you in the future,
Best wishes,
Stephen

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a great stay with Stephen and Manjula in Mysore in January. The home is very comfortable, with western and indian bathrooms, three excellent communal areas, decorated beautifully and brilliantly family friendly. Stephen is a character who is full of enthusiasm for your holiday and only wants to help provide you with rich experiences. Our kids had a ball and they especially were welcomed with open arms. A slight hiccup at the end of our trip necessitated some last minute juggling and Stephen and Manj helped out with this which was great.

Room Tip: The upstairs front rooms do for better or for worse catch the early morning call to prayer!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
sfindia7, Manjula's assistant at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Tamara,
thanks for the opportunity to meet you and the girls.. twice .. and of course paul. (the map he drew of Bylakuppe has already been very helpful).
Its so quiet now as we're in our lowest season we're getting withdrawal symptoms but it will pick up again over the next few weeks as its school summer holidays in India. There are no vets heading our way to the VBB project even Amelia has returned.
We had a great time with you all and I'll endeavor to get the photos online in the next week or so on our website. Trip advisor will not let me post it here so will send address via email.
Hope to meet you all again.
Stephen, Manjula, Lucie

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Probably one of the best stays I have anywhere in the world. Stephen is an amazing host, juggling a diverse range of guests from around the globe. He has the rare gift of keeping everyone happy with his humour, while managing to answer questions about Mysore and all it has to offer. You also have plenty of opportunity to have time on your own ...the balance here seems perfect. I could not make the cycle tour - other guests said it was great. Instead Stephen organised his auto rickshaw driver to take me around which was informative and very well worth it.
Manjula is a beautiful hostess and her banter with Stephen is charming...I loved this place and it has left me wanting more.....I will be back.
Tip: if you decide to order Domino's Pizza...order the largest size possible....although the pizza for 2 shared on the rooftop with another guest did provide a great laugh for all over breakfast next morning....it's that sort of place........go ...you won't be disappointed...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
sfindia7, The layabout at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

OK OK, you've sold it to me. It sounds fab. Thanks, great review. I really enjoyed meeting you and spending time together, great conversations. Thank you for coming to visit us. I can't believe now that you didn't go on a MYcycle tour, I thought you had :-). As you know it got a bit hectic at times and now it's quiet so the house, the girls (my bosses) and me are appreciating the slower pace. It's a bit hot so we all have to slow down even the Manjula dynamo. Actually M is complaining that it's a bit boring. The biscuit sized pizza for a family of four sorry half a person continues to be a standing joke. By the time you return you'll not recognise the story ;-) take care, keep in touch and photos will be posted once I break out of the heat induced lethargy. Best wishes, Stephen