“Well maintained + Calm + User Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tulips Homestay

Tulips Homestay
Ranked #6 of 137 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Well maintained + Calm + User Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

stayed in Tulips from 4th April to 6th April. Nice place in Mysore to stay. Even though located outside city, its not very far from main attractions of Mysore. Its good combination calm area and accessibility to attractions of Mysore.

Booking was straight forward with their website. Need to transfer 100% of charge for confirmed booking. Once you reach they place Kaveriappa or Moin will welcome you and explain everything there. Both were very helpful and friendly .

Room was very clean and specious. No issues with TV AC or hot water. Enjoyed my stay there. Breakfast option could be better. Including a microwave will be a good option.Bit disturbed by other guests, but it was not a big issue.

Definitely recommended ...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GPrasadKN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My expectations were high because it was rated well on trip advisor which is why I booked it however it did not live up to those.
It is situated a little in outskirts on the ring road and it is a developing area hence it is quite and away from usual hustle bustle. You may definitely hear the owner's dog barking often. my daughter loves dog so it wasn't an issue at all.
The rooms are in basement and made more like a hotel were all rooms open in a corridor, so it can be noisy sometimes if your door is left open. Obviously you cannot expect a balcony or sit out.
However I loved their rooms due to the huge size and cleanliness. It is a small studio apartment with a little kitchen area, a dining, couple chairs and bed so you can easily accommodate more people. My daughter had more room to jump around and she did not feel uncomfortable.
Thankfully I could access their pantry as they had hotplate and microwave to heat food, milk and make some quick dishes for the baby. I must say that their pantry is well organized and very clean.
I am sure you are wondering why did I still rate it as average and it is only because of 'customer / customized service'. I knew that they did not have the concept of kitchen so expecting home food / real time would be too much to ask but I realized that no help (any attendant) was available at night after 10:30 PM, so in case you need anything than usual you will need to help yourself. (I took pillows from their store myself as I needed more)
The manager (Mr. Moin) did not even take orders for breakfast in the night / early in morning so we can leave for our sightseeing on time as planned @ 9:00 AM. He reached @ 8:15 AM and then we had limited menu (idly, dosa, vada , chow chow bhath) and bread was on menu but not available so I chose to not eat since I was bored of these usual ones and he did not make any effort to arrange something else. Also the food packets were given to us as you get parcel from outside and no one cares to open and serve it in trays appropriately.
Also the first tea of the morning did not come by 9:00 so I prepared one myself using their hot plate ( I am sure not many people do not like the dip / milk sachet tea). A tea order take minimum of 20 - 30 mins for them.
Overall I think the place is good if you do not have many customized requirements that you need specific as they are combination of standard homestay and average service apartment.

Room Tip: Rooms are extremely spacious so you can easily accommodate upto 4 adults in it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shaziram
Kaveriapa B, Owner at Tulips Homestay, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Madam,
We thank you for your frank opinion in the review which will certainly help us to improve our services. Nonetheless, we would like to clarify your observations as under.
First of all, we are sorry for not able to meet your " Customized special requirements" as stated by you, as we were not aware of your special requirements earlier. We will provide " customized special services" required by our customers, if the same is discussed and agreed with us in advance. However, our motto is to keep our customers happy and satisfied with our need and value based, quality services. Thank you.
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I had stayed here for one night in A/C studio. Just one word, Impeccable! I was really impressed at how well maintained this place was. I was travelling with my family and this place was just perfect for family stay. Nice breakfast too. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Tulips and on both the occassions it was a pleasent experience. The rooms are quite spacious and spic-clean. Entire facility is very well-managed and the owner - Mr. Kaveriappa - and the manager - Mr. Moin - are quite attentive to all your needs. Would certainly recommend the place for following reasons :
1. Very clean and hygenic
2. Spacious rooms
3. Cooperative staff
4. Easy on pocket

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Noida, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We knew nothing about Tulips apart from the rave reviews on Tripadvisor. It is certainly one of the best maintained places (much better than most hotels!). We stayed in an A/C studio for 2 night and were more than happy with the choice.
The best features of Tulips:
1. The room has everything that one can ask for - A comfortable and clean bed,TV with seating space, Study Table, Separate dining table.
2. Each room comes with a kitchenette (with utensils, fridge loaded with cold drinks, heating kettle with tea coffee sachets etc - the consumables are payable, but are very reasonably priced)
3. There are instructions every where on how to use all the things that are provided in the room. This might put off some people, but I found it really handy and good considering it is a homestay and there's no room service as such.
4. To top this, the place was unbelievably clean!
5. There's no Kitchen, but you can easily order food from outside.

All in all, Tulips is a great place to stay and truly deserves all the accolades that it has earned!

Room Tip: The owner (Mr Kaveriappa) and management (Mr Moin) can be of great help, they are locals and can gui...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ShagunaD
Honokaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed there for 4 nights. The room was huge, very well equipped and clean. Excellent tourist information (maps etc.) available, The room was away from the street and quiet at night, even with open window (moscito net available). Mattress slightly on the hard side, but typical for India. Good breakfast delivered to the room, at 08:30 am, but not available earlier. WiFi a bit week in the room but very good at the comfy reception. The Owner sometimes switches the WiFi appliance off (don't know why), but you can start it any time again :-) . Very nice and attentive managers who helped with just everything, incl. Laundry service. They can also arrange Tours with a good driver and a relatively new Car. The place is a bit outside of downtown, you need a Tuktuk (about 100Rps, waiting in front of the house) to get to the Palace and market.

Room Tip: rooms away from the street are quiet at night. There are no restaurants in the vicinity which can be...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weltenbummler1410
Poole, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I would love to write a good review of our stay at the Tulip Guesthouse, however the guesthouse cancelled our reservation, of two rooms, a couple of days prior to our arrival.

The manager had been very helpful, when I had emailed requesting two rooms in January. I had explained that I would need a room for my husband and myself and a room for my mother. We made the reservation a week prior to our visit. I informed him that we would not be contactable over the next week as we would be staying on a coffee plantation in Madikeri.

Two days before we due to arrive at the homestay, we went on a day trip and got weak mobile phone reception. We had a couple of calls, but didn't have enough reception to hear each other. We then received a text message saying that our booking was cancelled. I

This was very inconvenient and extremely disappointing. I'm sure the homestay is good, but we will never know!

Room Tip: Make sure you get one and they don't cancel at the last minute!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family