“Clean & orderly”

Ranked #6 of 144 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Mangalore, India
“Clean & orderly”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at Tulip’s Homestay with family in May 2014.
The location of Tulip’s is some distance away from the main city centre in a primarily residential area. As such, the environs are peaceful and suitable for leisure walks in the morning or evening. Autos were available outside Tulip’s during our stay.
Rooms are good sized and clean. All fittings & accessories were functional.
The owner Mr Kaveriappa and manager Mr Moin are helpful while being non-intrusive at the same time.
Reasonably priced with no hidden costs, we rate Tulip’s Homestay to be very good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at Tulips with my family at Tulips from May 30 to June 2nd 2014. We found the place to be clean, comfortable and quite spacious. Mr. Kaveriappa (the owner) and Mr. Moin (the Manager) are very helpful and courteous at all times. We were provided with water and cold drinks which is priced nominally in the fridge. My son liked the place a lot as there was enough room for him to run and play. An induction stove with vessels are also provided on request at a very minimal charge. We were quite comfortable as all the basic amenities were made available. There is also an auto stand right outside the entrance to Tulips. It is located in a residential area and is away from noise and dust. Mr. Moin also helped in arranging car / auto for sight seeing.

I would recommend this home stay for families traveling to Mysore. Ensure you book in advance and speak to them prior to your arrival there.

Our thanks to Mr. Kaveriappa & famiy and Mr. Moin for making our trip worthwhile.

Regards,

Praveen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Great mid-range accommodation, which feels more like a bed & breakfast than a traditional homestay. We stayed in a deluxe suite, which includes a spacious living area (TV and small dining area), kitchenette (cooking is not allowed without prior permission) and fridge/minibar, stocked with mineral water and soft drinks at reasonable prices. The room had fans as well as aircon and, along with the bathroom, was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was good (and we were offered a choice of alternatives) and a well-priced laundry service is available. In addition, both the owner and manager were friendly and helpful, in particular assisting with an early check-in following an overnight train trip.

The only issue we experienced was that the WiFi was down over the two days we were there, which proved a bit of an inconvenience. (It may be worth double-checking that it works if you think you'll need an internet connection.)

It is also important to bear in mind that Tulips is located 10-15kms out of the city centre itself. While it is therefore quieter, it does entail a rickshaw ride into the city to access all major sites. (Rickshaws are readily available outside Tulips and cost us between 100 and 150 rupees per trip to the city centre.)

A clean, calm and comfortable stay that offers good value for money.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Pune
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were a group of 8 Adults on our way back from ooty to Pune and chanced upon Tulips Homestay. we were pleasantly surprised with the size of the rooms and the basic facilities provided there. Breakfast was included in the cost and sumptuous. away from the hustle & bustle of the city it is a prefect place to put up. Staff was courteous too. I would strongly recommend Tulips at Mysore.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed with my wife and 2 young kids. Earlier reviews mention the homestay is located in a basement, so I was expecting low light and ventillation. But, this is not the case. My room (no. 3) had large windows, letting in plenty of light. Just think of it as a room slightly below road level.
There's a small but beautiful garden outside the windows, with beautiful potted plants.
Tulips is located away from the city bustle, making for a quiet vacation.

The staff is friendly (but not intrusive). Breakfast served was sumptuous. But, you'll have to go out to one of the nearby restaurants for lunch or dinner, or order food from outside.

The room (no. 3) was huge, maybe 400 square feet, tastefully decorated, with all necessary furniture you'd find in your own home. A/C worked fine. There's a dining table too, with plenty of chairs.

Couple of things to keep in mind -
1. There's no full-fledged kitchen. But, you can order food from a takeaway. We asked for 'Lobo's Takeaway'. Very prompt, tasty, and reasonably priced. Any day better than waiting in a restaurant with two sleepy kids.
2. Not centrally located, but there's an auto stand nearby. Certainly not an issue, if you have a vehicle.

I think Tulips offers good value for money. Would definately recommend it for a couple, or a family with kids.

• Stayed April 2014
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 April 2014

stayed in Tulips from 4th April to 6th April. Nice place in Mysore to stay. Even though located outside city, its not very far from main attractions of Mysore. Its good combination calm area and accessibility to attractions of Mysore.

Booking was straight forward with their website. Need to transfer 100% of charge for confirmed booking. Once you reach they place Kaveriappa or Moin will welcome you and explain everything there. Both were very helpful and friendly .

Room was very clean and specious. No issues with TV AC or hot water. Enjoyed my stay there. Breakfast option could be better. Including a microwave will be a good option.Bit disturbed by other guests, but it was not a big issue.

Definitely recommended ...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GPrasadKN
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My expectations were high because it was rated well on trip advisor which is why I booked it however it did not live up to those.
It is situated a little in outskirts on the ring road and it is a developing area hence it is quite and away from usual hustle bustle. You may definitely hear the owner's dog barking often. my daughter loves dog so it wasn't an issue at all.
The rooms are in basement and made more like a hotel were all rooms open in a corridor, so it can be noisy sometimes if your door is left open. Obviously you cannot expect a balcony or sit out.
However I loved their rooms due to the huge size and cleanliness. It is a small studio apartment with a little kitchen area, a dining, couple chairs and bed so you can easily accommodate more people. My daughter had more room to jump around and she did not feel uncomfortable.
Thankfully I could access their pantry as they had hotplate and microwave to heat food, milk and make some quick dishes for the baby. I must say that their pantry is well organized and very clean.
I am sure you are wondering why did I still rate it as average and it is only because of 'customer / customized service'. I knew that they did not have the concept of kitchen so expecting home food / real time would be too much to ask but I realized that no help (any attendant) was available at night after 10:30 PM, so in case you need anything than usual you will need to help yourself. (I took pillows from their store myself as I needed more)
The manager (Mr. Moin) did not even take orders for breakfast in the night / early in morning so we can leave for our sightseeing on time as planned @ 9:00 AM. He reached @ 8:15 AM and then we had limited menu (idly, dosa, vada , chow chow bhath) and bread was on menu but not available so I chose to not eat since I was bored of these usual ones and he did not make any effort to arrange something else. Also the food packets were given to us as you get parcel from outside and no one cares to open and serve it in trays appropriately.
Also the first tea of the morning did not come by 9:00 so I prepared one myself using their hot plate ( I am sure not many people do not like the dip / milk sachet tea). A tea order take minimum of 20 - 30 mins for them.
Overall I think the place is good if you do not have many customized requirements that you need specific as they are combination of standard homestay and average service apartment.

Room Tip: Rooms are extremely spacious so you can easily accommodate upto 4 adults in it.