“Srirangapatna cycle tour”

MYcycle - Mysore Cycle Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: MYcycle.... guided cycle tours of Mysore and Srirangapatnam Island. See the wonderful heritage city and its diverse communities or the culture and history of this beautiful island. We are also Mysore Bed and Breakfast (also listed on Trip Advisor) as our guests usually do their reviews there. Our tours for 2-4 people are for half or full days and we provide an expert guide, and cycles. We can also design tours according to your specific needs. You can also now bring children on our Srirangaptnam tour as we have a child's seat, tag-a-long and children's cycles. Please note: we do not offer cycle hire only guided cycle tours. Its best to book in advance to reserve your place.We're part of Manjula's Mysore and also provide homely accommodation through Mysore Bed and Breakfast and a hassle free auto rickshaw with our very own vehicle driven by Vasanth.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

great way to see an area that I probably would not have chanced upon otherwise! Anant was an attentive and knowledgeable guide, group size was only small- 4 of us- so we could stop, take photos, ask questions as we wanted!

Definitely a highlight of my stay in Mysore.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"carroll"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the MyCycle bicycle tour of Srirangapatnam. My guide was knowledgeable, easy going and able to make the tour fit my needs. It was a lovely day away from the noise and traffic of Mysore.

sfindia7, Owner at MYcycle - Mysore Cycle Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

thank you for the review and so pleased you enjoyed your time on the tour. Srirangapatnam is such a delightful place i fully expect it to become as famous for its cycling as it is for the history of the wars, the great workshops and lovely riverside locations. imagine it in the future when leisure cycling is popular as it is in the US., Srirangapatnam will have cycles for hire as well as our tours, and way marked routes with cyclists of all ages, families groups and individuals meandering around the beautiful countryside.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Words can't even begin to articulate how much I enjoyed the bike tour. Anant my guide was so kind, insightful and interesting. It was like traveling with an old friend I had known for years. His connection with the local people continuously warmed my heart. Babu my rickshaw driver was a true gentleman. He was respectful, prompt and great to chat with.

Over the years I've been fortunate to have traveled to many places all over the world, but this tour is by far one of my most memorable experiences. I ended my day with sun kissed skin, dirty feet (well used) and a heart overflowing with appreciation for the chance to see India in such an intimate way.

2  Thank Carrie M
sfindia7, Guest Relations Manager at MYcycle - Mysore Cycle Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Hi Carrie,
thank you for a wonderful review, so pleased you had a fab time.

sorry I missed meeting you and we didn't manage to tour Bylakuppe together. I know however you were clearly in very capable hands (and feet) with Anant on Srirngaptnam. He's proving to be a great success as a tour guide with his knowledge of the history and insights ranging from the the local communities, agriculture, spirituality and the wider environment. we hope to meet you again. If you are back in Mysore we'll do the Bylakuppe tour together, I promise.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We've done today a wonderfull tour w MYcicle , Anant was one of the best guides , good info, great other moments , amaizing India as one can see it from inside . Highly recomended

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We loved Steve and his bike tour so much we ended up doing both of his tours. It's an early start for the city tour but well worth it. The bikes are top class imported Trek bikes and stand out a mile from the run of the mill bikes you see in India. The tour itself takes in all of the city from small local communities to the more famous colonial buildings and universities. The highlight of the whole experience though has to be 'Steve' a down to earth, honest Yorkshireman who will welcome you into his family and share his love for this incredible city. If your in Mysore you really have to take this tour!

1  Thank Tim D