“Amazing home sweet home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shanthi Niwas Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Shanthi Niwas Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 134 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
“Amazing home sweet home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

We are travelling for six months. After our five days stay at busy Bangalore, we wanted to have a simple accommodation booked at Mysore. Ganga, Cary and their children were so friendly. Upon arrival we got tea, and there was a good connection between us. We had nice talks! They gave us a welcome feeling, useful tips about travel, nearby restaurants, and what to explore in and nearby Mysore. The most we've loved during our stay, was the good talks, their honesty and will of helping. Ganga made delicious breakfast. We visited Mysore Palace, Devaraja Market and Ganga arranged a half day trip to Sriranangapatanam, an old fort 16 km away from Mysore, with an amazing British Indian history. We ended the day with a climb of Chamundi Hill and enjoyed the evening view all over Mysore. After every day, arriving back at Ganga's place, they've welcome us with asking how the day was. It was warmful, we loved our chats with them. We got our needed privacy, the room was clean and light. We stayed 3 nights and we didn't want to leave. We are thankful that we have met Ganga and her family and we hope to see them back one day. Dear Ganga and Cary, again ... thank you for everything.

Rudy & Patricia

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank ajsijamatu

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ravensburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed at Shanthi Niwas in Mysore for three nights. I really enjoyed my stay there! Having just one room for guests, Ganga and her husband really take great care of their guests. They even picked my up from the train station in the middle of the night, offered me tea and then let me sleep for a few more hours in their spare room until the couple in the guest room checked out the next morning. Ganga's breakfast was delicious and it was really nice talking to her and her family.
I can really recommend this place - especially if you're coming from abroad and want to get to know some locals!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gangacariappa, Owner at Shanthi Niwas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank You for the wonderful review . It was our pleasure to have you with us at Shanthi Niwas Bed And Breakfast.
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I came to Shanti Niwas last minute after being unable to find any decent hotels in my budget in Mysore, and I am so glad I did. Right from the very beginning Ganga and her family were warm and welcoming, and genuinely interested in making sure that I had everything I needed. There was a general strike in Mysore on one of the days I was there, and because I was unable to do all the things I had originally planned (everything was closed), the Cariattas invited me to see their country farm and join them for dinner - I was really made to feel like one of the family. The accommodation itself is simple but very clean and comfortable, and excellent value for money. Ganga prepares all the breakfasts herself - they are big and extremely tasty so make sure you wake up hungry!! For me, this has been one of the nicest stays I have had in India - if you are looking for simple accommodation and want to experience a stay with a wonderful family in their home, then this cannot be beat. Thank you Ganga and Cari, and I hope to be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have been travelling Asia for 14mths and this was the most enjoyable accomodation experience I have had.
Ganga, Cary and their 2 children were extremely welcoming, friendly, helpful and generous.
The "suite"[sitting, bedroom and bathroom] is not 5 star for amenities but it is 5 star for value, breakfast,relaxation peacefulness, friendliness and location.

Room Tip: There is only 1
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

My 78-year old mother and I spent 3 nights and 4 days at Shanti Niwas in August 2012 and it was exactly what we wanted: the house is located in a quiet, leafy, residential neighborhood and is excellent for morning and evening walks. Ganga and her family were very hospitable from our very first interactions via e-mail and that continued throughout the stay. They knew when to leave us to our own devices and when to offer suggestions. Ganga was thoughtulness about small things like how we like our tea, and her excellent breakfasts gave a kick-start to our day. We appreciated her children's and husband's efforts to help make our local travel and stay extremely pleasant. This was our first ever home stay and we will certainly return. Thank you Ganga.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Vervezelle, Lorraine, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I was planning my vacation and the thought of Mysore came to mind for many reasons. Once that was decided, the next big question was where to stay with my one year old son. I thought about hotels and homestays and finally decided on Homestay.
Looking at trip advisor, the highest rankings, I contacted Stephen Farrell of Mysore Bed and Breakfast who directed me to Ganga Cariappa of Shanti Nivas Bed and Breakfast.
I was apprehensive but that turned out to be one of the most enjoyable and comfortable things in Mysore.

The Homestay run by Ganga is nice, set in a calm neighbourhood, with parking for a car or two. The breakfast is good, with a touch of Karnataka. The silent atmosphere of the area, though within the city and the nearness to the tourist spots was a deal ! One cannot get better than this. They respect your privacy and provide you with the right tips on shopping, dining and sightseeing. You can’t miss the Mysore guide that she has for you on a file in the room.

I should but also comment on the excellent hospitality provided by the whole family. Ganga was quite helpful, and made us feel at home. The tensions of boiled water and other homemade things for our little one was taken care of by her and she also gave us tips and directions on the places to see.

We stayed there for two nights and three days and it was wonderful. Thank you Ganga, we will visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed there for one day...it was pleasent stay there

Owner is very helpful
It was little tricky to find place, but owner guided well.

Nice place to stay..value for money..

Nothing special to say

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed July 2012