“Wow Hotel in Mysore”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Quorum

The Quorum
Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Bengaluru, India
“Wow Hotel in Mysore”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The Quorum has excellent hospitality as well as it is Value for money. Always ready to serve and smiling hotel staff. Room is very uniquely designed with all facilities and bath supplies. Buffest breakfast is very lavish.

Dear Guest

Greetings of the day to you...

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us such a delightful review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. At The Quorum, we do strive to go that extra mile and give our guest unmatched hospitality and a memorable stay. Thank you very much for appreciating the efforts as the entire team feels proud and honored to read your compliments.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Quorum in the not so distant future.

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Mumbai
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Excellent quality of rooms and polite staff
All amenities provided within the rooms
A good restaurant
Overall, Highly recommended.
(The only problem was that this particular rooms style has no latch or lock for the bathroom door which has to be kept unlocked. This is awkward for us Indians )

1 Thank Abhijit K
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for sharing with us such a delightful experience on TripAdvisor.

Your appreciation of our team members is very encouraging and we are extremely delighted to know that you would recommend the Quorum. Alongside I acknowledge the receipt of your feedback about the bathroom latch.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Quorum in not too distant future.

LED
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I spent two weeks at the Quorum in Mysore. I'd expected the 5* to be un upgrade from the 2* star I had moved from. It wasn't. So, over to the good, the bad and the ugly:
The Good:
-The Location: central, close to the palace, the market, the town hall, a big supermarket etc. There's nothing directly outside the hotel, but it is quick and cheap to get to from by rickshaw;
- The Gym and the Pool: nice touches, small but clean;
- The Staff: very polite and amiable, if forgetful and mismanaged;
The Bad:
- The Room: small and dark. The mattress was much too soft, with a blanket cover instead of a sheet, which made sleeping very uncomfortable. I once found a cockroach in the room, which really shouldn't happen at a 'luxury 5 star hotel'.
- The Room Service: very slow, very random. It takes 45 minutes at least for the order to arrive. Sometimes it doesn't arrive at all, and you have to call again; sometimes the food arrives in batches, randomly; sometimes some items get left out. Although the portions are generous, the quality of the food leaves much to be desired. The same dish tastes very differently from one day to another, and you never really know what you're going to get.
The WiFi: is fast and reliable but costs an extra INR600 for 24hrs.
The Ugly:
- The Cleaning Service: will not do your room when you're away but will knock and knock on your door when you're in. The quality of cleaning is dangerously bad, too - I discovered a large piece of a shattered glass under the bed.
- The bathroom: has terrible plumbing, smells accordingly. Very slippery floor, and not enough towels.
- The Cancellation Policy: I booked my stay via booking.com and knew that I would have to pay the full cost of the reservation if I cancelled or changed it. Having spent a few days at the Quorum, I did indeed want to leave early. By Mysore standards, the Quorum is not cheap and should therefore not have the same cancellation policy as a second-rate guesthouse, which does not allow the guest any flexibility.
The laundry service: lost an item of my clothing;
Overall, I believe, the Quorum would do for a weekend trip or a short stay in Mysore. However, if you're in the city for over 3 days, I would recommend looking into other accommodation options.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at The Quorum.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that we have adopted additional pre-cautionary measures to avoid such episodes. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated scenario and not a reflection of our usual services.

Mohammed Waseem,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 December 2013

i traveled with my family from coorg to mysore. the hotel i booked by telephone. the rooms are excellent than they shown in the website. food at the hotel is good. the staff is very cooperative and helpful. the bed we have is small.

Room Tip: book king size bed for the family having children.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Quorum, Mysore and for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable experience and that you will recommend The Quorum, Mysore. Your lines of appreciation is a tremendous source of inspiration for the entire team, it is our constant endeavor to provide personalized standard service to all our esteemed guests.

I hope that we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the near future.

Cochin
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Well maintained rooms. Stayed in luxury room on 22nd December 2013. The has almost all the facilities including mini bar, microwave oven coffee maker etc

The hotel is situated in the heart of the city. It has a nice gym and a roof top swimming pool. Very helpful staff members.

The complementary breakfast is the best part. I never expected such a grand complementary breakfast.

I recommend this hotel for family stay.

• Stayed December 2013

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We traveled as a couple and I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. Walking distance from the railways station and market places, this hotel did not make me feel uncomfortable.
The location is excellent and rooms though average in size, are comfortable with full amenities. Staff was courteous and polite.
Coming to the drawbacks, the food served to us was cold on occasions and room service takes forever to fetch your order. The food tasted good, the only problem being it was served 'not hot'.
Definitely recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Quorum, Mysore and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you liked our well designed modern rooms of international standards and the prime location of the property. I acknowledge the receipt of your feedback about our In room dining and the food served to you, rest assured that the culinary team shall certainly consider the same and we make sure that we demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted on your next visit.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Quorum hotel in not too distant future.

Mumbai
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at The Quorum for 2 days and had a pleasant experience. The hotel staff is warm and welcoming, very courteous and prompt. The rooms are clean and well equipped and the food at The Cafe was excellent. The breakfast buffet was sumptuous and wonderful. If we ever visit Mysore again, we will certainly stay at The Quorum.