“Average because the stay was not comfortable”
Review of The Quorum

The Quorum
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel is situated in nice place. Quiet close to city center but still quiet. I did the checking quiet late around 5 PM as was coming from ooty and the first question they asked me "what time I will checkout". Forget the name but is this the expected question from your staff?
We stayed at room#4001 which by look was quiet nice but had no option to get some fresh air. Fully locked from all side, quiet suffocative. They had no ventilation in any room apart from their central ventilation system. There was no tea kettle in room and few other basic things which should be there in such type of hotel. to make We thought of changing but as it was one night stay so though to adjust. Food was excellent with lots of varieties and space in restaurant also nice.
I am giving three start because of the stupid question you asked at beginning and stay in room. There must be some window to get some fresh air.

Room Tip: Dont take room 4001 if you like fresh air and want to sleep in comfortable mattress.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FOMQuorum, Manager at The Quorum, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have your family and you stay at The Quorum, on your recent visit to Mysore.

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely regret the inconvenience reported by you and I assure you this has my personal attention. At The Quorum, we are committed to ensuring the best luxury experience for our guests and we shall ensure that all our associates are appropriately sensitized to this. Thank you once again for taking the time to review The Quorum.

In Gratitude,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a well located hotel with good quality. Staff is good and is ready to help. The swimming pool is very well maintained but because its located on Terrace, using the same during day is a challenge. Food variety is good but taste is completely south Indian even for north Indian dishes.

Room Tip: Close to Lift Lobby - any floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your overwhelming feedback and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of the warm hospitality of our incredible colleagues, culinary varieties and modern facilities. I acknowledge your feedback about the north Indian food taste, certainly the culinary team shall take corrective measures to mend the same.

It is indeed our pleasure to have assisted you during your trip in Mysore. We will definitely be glad to welcome you back.

In gratitude,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

stayed for 3 days and 2 nights in a deluxe room.room no 3018.Excellent location.Its near to all attractions in mysore like palace,chamundi hills,zoo etc.The front office and lobby was well maintained.Staff were helpful.Rooms were clean,but cramped,including the bath.The room lacked a dressing area/mirror.there was no door mat near the bathroom,floors tend to get wet once you walk out from the bathroom.requested for a doormat with the room service,but with no response.

buffet spread was good,but needs improvement as far as the taste is concerned.But food ordered individually from the menu card tasted good.especially the veg dum biriyani,bisi bela bhath, bhagala bath etc.dosas for buffet were really good especially the mickey mouse shaped dosa made for my kid needs a mention. There was high level of professionalism`displayed by the restaurant staff,which deserves an appreciation.

the quality of coffee and tea served is pathetic.it is better to visit the coffee day a few yards away from the hotel.

overall a good experience.

Room Tip: do not take the deluxe room.its cramped.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FOMQuorum, Manager at The Quorum, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Quorum Hotel, Mysore and it was certainly a great pleasure having you with us.
We are glad to note that you liked our room, the expedient location and our Lobby. Your appreciation is a tremendous source of inspiration for the entire team.

On a separate note, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused pertaining to some issue such as doormat and tea coffee service. We value your observations and it is only through constructive feedback such as yours that enable us to improve.

I really thank you and value the time you took to share with me your overall experience and we look forward to welcoming you back once again at The Quorum, Mysore.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of days ago.
Going through reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor, I zeroed in and decided on staying here. The rates quoted on Tripadvisor were really of great help (Goibibo, was the lowest) and were much lower than the rack rate quoted by the hotel.
The location of the hotel is very good being close to the city center. The rooms are spacious enough, well maintained and very clean. The check-in was really quick and the staff at the reception were very courteous. The breakfast, which is inclusive in the room rate, consisted of a good spread of Indian & continental varities. Since I did not have lunch or dinner at the restaurant, I am not aware of the quality of food served at these times.
The swimming pool at the terrace is quite decent & well maintained.
My overall experience was quite good and I feel that this is a "Value for money hotel"

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from The Quorum!!

Thank you very much indeed for sharing such delightful review on TripAdvisor following your stay at The Quorum.

I am very glad knowing that you have recognized the courteousness of our staff and you liked our state of art rooms and breakfast spread. It is our primary objective to provide exceptional level of service to our valued clients for an unforgettable experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have lived in Mysore for 7 years and know the area pretty well. This was a trip for some relatives who wanted to see Mysore. I specifically picked this hotel for it's location. It's right in the middle of everything, close to attractions like palace, chamundi hill, devaraj urs road, etc.. yet not too buried inside the city (like the bus stand area), so you would still see some calm and peaceful surroundings around, which is the thing I love best about Mysore. Jayalaxmipuram and Kuvempunagar /Saraswathipuram, which are some of the best residential areas of Mysore are right there and you could go to those places to eat / walk. Kalidasa road (J L Puram) has a lot of restaurants, banks, medical shops. The only thing that needs improvement is the food. That breakfast needs improvement. I also ordered room service and the burger was not that great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FOMQuorum, Manager at The Quorum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Greetings from The Quorum!!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Quorum, Mysore and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

Your generous praise of the expedient location of our property and especially about our well-appointed rooms is very motivating. Mysore has indeed retained its charm with heritage buildings and palaces in and around. I acknowledge your feedback about our food and breakfast, rest assured that your feedback has our utmost attention and appropriate paces shall be taken to meet your expectations.

The Team and I, look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FOMQuorum, Front Office Manager at The Quorum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stays one night on Saturday Feb 22, 2014. The rooms are good. Got a value deal via goibibo. The service sucks!! Delivered the wrong order for room service. The lunch buffet on the Saturday was not good. Sunday morning breakfast buffet was average, food was cold and had to repeatedly ask the staff to serve water, forget about expecting any other service!!
Would have given poor rating, giving average - since the rooms were clean and well kept.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
FOMQuorum, Front Office Manager at The Quorum, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Greetings from The Quorum!!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge the receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at The Quorum.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that we have adopted additional pre-cautionary measures to avoid such episodes. I would additionally request you to kindly treat this as an isolated scenario and not a reflection of our usual services.

Best Regards,