“New Clean Hotel”

Hotel MB International
Ranked #1 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Malabar
“New Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

happened to stay at this hotel over week long. This hotel is very good budget hotel Food quality is good and so as service. Royal Rooms are also quite spacious. The breakfast was good as well. v will come back here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Travelling time to do the best thing that comes to mind : not to make a dent in the savings but to get the best of everything on run.

For those of us who plan holidays rationally – checking all the boxes so that we optimise and get value - this is about abandoning caution.

First Pros,

Rooms
LCD TV
Hot water system
Services
Last but not the least reasonable pricing.

Cons:

No restaurent

I just loved the rooms for this price.

Room Tip: Stay in any of the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Pune
Reviewed 15 October 2013

After reading good comments and reviews about this hotel on Trip Advisor. I booked Royal Suite room of this hotel from 1st October to 4th October. I paid one day charges as advance through net banking. I had specifically asked them to reserve room having Chamunda Hills view (room 307) for me. Also before arriving to the hotel I called them 2 hours prior to my arrival to ensure the things are ok.
When I actually arrived at hotel at ~15:00 on 1 October, they gave me room 107 at first floor. When I asked them the reason the person at reception told me that I will be shifted to room 307 at ~17:00. So instead of using room 107, I decided to visit palace first and then start using room 307 from the evening. There was heavy rain during the evening and we reached hotel MB international at ~20:30. I observed that my luggage was still in room 107 and person at reception told me room 307 is booked by other person also and they cannot give it to me ! As it was night time I decided to stay in room 107. Also I was planning to go for full day site seeing. So I decided to adjust with room 107. I had booked the room with extra bed. But I did not find any extra bed in the room. After asking the management provided me one gaddi & couple of bed-sheets. The answer this time was they provide extra bed like this only (and not like extra furniture bed). So one member from my family slept at floor on that gaddi.
Till this time also, I was ok to stay at this hotel as staff and other hotel people were polite and trying to serve us the best within their limits. But (probably because of heavy rain) we observed few ants and insects in the room and I had no option left with me other than to do check out on the next day.
Next morning I informed person at reception that I am doing check out. Then the hotel M.D. called me on intercom and asked reason why I am leaving the hotel. After providing the reasons, he was convinced and they did not charge me anything !

Staff members and people at reception are polite and good in nature. What I feel is they lack in management. Probably they don’t have enough experience in this business. If they would have given me room 307 at the time of arrival only then I would have stayed there.

Royal suit is excellent room for 2 members. We were 3 adults & 1 kid. Room was not sufficient for 4 members. Toilet was clean. They can improve lighting system in the room. Even normal tube-light will serve the purpose.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children, then please avoid staying at this hotel. But if you are all adu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Prayog
Chennai
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Pro -
Room was clean with neat bed, lcd tv.
Hot water.
Body soap provided after multiple request.
Located near to railway station.

Cons -
Only one bath towel provided, for 2 persons.
No handwash provided.
Poor service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had booked an ac room for four days n l just loved my room. I booked cab for four days at a very reasonable rate. The staff is nice and friendly n ready to help. The service was good n satisfactory and utmost care was taken for our kid by providing milk on time n also they packed toasts for the journey so that kid dosent feel hungry that was a beautiful gesture from the staff which fulfills the slogan of Indian hospitality ..."atithi...... " I would really love to stay here in our next visit..

• Stayed September 2013
Faridabad, Haryana, India
Reviewed 17 September 2013

we stayed over there for 2 nights in room no.202.The hotel is new with a good locational advantage,very near to the bus stand( 15 mints walking) and other main attractions of the city.I can say this is budget hotel for family stay,price may starting from 1000 rupees or less than.We had our booking for super deluxe room. The room was not much spacious, bathroom is rather small. Room Service and the hotel staff was good and polite but don't dare to try their food. Because we had a very bad experience,as the hotel is new they don't have restaurant facility ,they provide the food from near by restaurant,food was very very bad.Hotel manager and staff was agree on this point,they apologizes for it.I will definitely recommend it but still this is best for couple stay,with the kid i find some difficulty regarding space.

Room Tip: talk to the manager before booking,road side rooms are good,will get a view of St.philomena church.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank raymampi
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights in room 307. We booked an executive AC room in advance through Agoda. But after checking in we found a chosen room and bathroom (no 305) rather small, so for additional 350 rupees (so it totaled 1950 rupees per night) we decided to uprade to room 307, which manager called royal.

The room itself was nice - large, with comfortable big bed, efficient air conditioning and flat screen TV. Overall clean but we found some stains on the bedclothes. The blue ceiling ligthing was bit weird but if you don't like it you don't switch it on. The bad part is the bathroom - although substantially bigger than in the executive room, it was not good. The metal towel rack was coming apart - one of the falling parts cut my foot. Not much place to put your cosmetics. Hard to fix the water temperature in shower. Be also prepared for the small ants - they regularly visit this place.

The breakfasts are delivered to your room. They are simple - either Indian idli with some coconut chutney or toast with jam. Both come with the coffee of your choice. Nothing special here.

Staff was OK, giving us tips on how to get to the palace and Chamundi hill. They will try to persuade you to make a silk factory visit, but as we were not interested there was no hard pushing here. The bulding itself does not look new, rather renovated. The small elevator is a plus here so you don't have to carry your luggage by stairs. There is wifi available but in room 307 the signal was very weak - had to sit at the door to keep it.

And we've finally come to the location. Although on the map it does not seem far from the center I must say it's quite a distance and you're simply out of action, not to mention dining places. So you'll probably spend some money on tuk-tuks. It's also not a silent location (even with the windows firmly closed) as it is very close to the Five Light roundabout. Given the above, next time I would choose to stay in one of hotels on Sri Harsha Road, which seems to be a perfect combination - half way between palace and KSRTC bus station, close to restaurants, walking distance to the city centre and the street seemed rather tranquil.

Last but not least - do you really want to believe the opinions of the one-time reviewers? I see that they pushed MB International to no 1 hotel in Mysore but are they truly reliable? So read carefully, do filter the opinions and make your choice.

Room Tip: Bathrooms in executive rooms do not have windows so they are rather dull and bit smelly.Take royal r...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple