“Pleasant stay......”

Hotel Sandesh The Prince
Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at Hotel Sandesh the Prince July 14-19, 2012, part business, part vacation. Very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, lounges, restaurant and grounds. Staff was courteous and VERY helpful when we needed any information and helped to arrange transportation for us as well. Mr. Errol gave us many good tips on sight-seeing, traveling around by auto-rickshaw, and helped us find a pharmacy! Mysore Palace was w/in walking distance but for Chamundi Temple, Mr. Errol got a driver for us. I had never tried Indian food and thought for sure I wouldn't like it (a picky eater), but everything I tried, I loved! Breakfast was included and served daily - a good assortment of Indian and American foods. I ordered room service once and did not have to wait long for it to be delivered. The wait staff always asked if we wanted our meals spicy or on the mild side, so spice/heat was never an issue. And there's a silk emporium next door, stop in and check out pashminas or have Rafeeq make a sari for you!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay, I stayed here for two nights and I was and felt like I was a prince. The food was amazing in both restaurants, the castle restaurant tendered to my every need. The food was cooked to perfection.

I have to personally thank Mr Girish Kumar for being a perfect gentleman, and helping me with my food selection. I would also like to thank Mr Dutta, for helping my partner in arranging some special gifts that were sent to my room.

The hotel its self is located very near all of the local attractions, and it is of very good standards.
The room are large and spacious, and very clean. Fresh bottled water is provided every day and clean linen also.

I have no negatives to add to this review and look forward to one day very soon returning here.
The only comment would be, the internet is a little slow, but very usable, and they would think of upgrading to wi-fi, but this is in no way a negative feature

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We (4 persons) stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had very good experience. The front desk was very cooperative. I needed a printout of a very important mail and they arranged me the printout without any extra charge. Rooms were very clean. Location is very nice.

Breakfast was very good though I wish they could add a few more western selections.

Room Tip: Go for rooms facing swimming pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The Hotel location is very good and enviroment is also nice. There is also a shop close by.

2 comments are the hotel stuff do not like smiling, which makes me feel a little bit unconfortable. And the food in the resturant is ok and too salty for me, less choice on the breakfirst.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several time for more then 15 days for business visit.
Though I would rate this hotel as average but , comparing to the other hotels in mysore this is very good hotel.
Service too good. Cab service is the most.
They have very cozy DISC in hotel .
Mysore palace in the vicinity. An evening walk to the place , is awesome.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed at Hotel Sandesh The Prince | No.3, Nethra Nivas | Nazarbad Main Road, Mysore 570 010, India in June. We found that this hotel is exactly what Trip Advisor reviews
suggest - clean, comfortable with good staff.

The front desk was very nice. Rooms were very clean. Bathrooms were on though they can be improved. Food and breakfast were good.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel and the amenities are very good. Rooms are well done and is quite close to the Railway station and Bus station. The complimentary breakfast in our package was very bad. The bread was stale and was removed only after being pointed out. The croissant also was not fresh, since it kept crumbling. The omelette was also very bland and not at all fluffy. However, room service was good. The pool is very pleasing and the 24-hour coffe shop with biriyani any time is also very nice. However, the staff was courteous enough to give us a 2 hour extension for check out. Stay can be pleasant, double check the food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the Pool view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family