I stayed here for a week for a conference, and it is as fantastic a place as you expect. The hotel and the staff do everything to make you feel like a royal.
It is a bit outside of Mysore and the surroundings are not so exciting, but from the royal terrace you can look down to Mysore, especially see the illuminated palace on Sunday nights.
The building has the old-style charme you expect, both the beauty and the barely visible wear of time.
The hotel seems to have many overnight guests, and the in house shops try to lure you into there shop whenever they see you - that got a bit irritating already on day 2.
They also have a "beauty parlor", but prices seem high, and the "parlor" is a simple room without decoration or windows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Indian-style Hotel, formerly a Maharaja's Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalitha Mahal Palace Mysore
- Mysore Lalitha Mahal Palace