“Mysore Dasprakash”
Review of Mysore Dasprakash

and 1 more site!
Mysore Dasprakash
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
hyderabad
“Mysore Dasprakash”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Dasprakash hotel in Mysore is an average hotel, at decent price. Food is very good. We were told there is another Dasprakash hotel which is bit premium and good. A boy assisted us taking our luggage to the room literally didnt leave us till we give him tip. Rooms are good. Food is very good. Overall experience is good. Can stay with families at budget rates.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank hoteladvice123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Overall It is a Good Place.New Building,nice facilities,nice friendly staff and a good brand name built over years because of good service.I remember coming here with my dad couple of years ago.It was a old building.Now that they have got a good new building,neat and clean rooms.
Was here for a short stay and walked out happy.So all in all a very good place for reasonable price tag... :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank JeevanHT
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 1 January 2014

nice and very good value for your money. Paid 375 for a room and it even comes with a newspaper every morning. Hot water is a bit a matter of day to day chance as it is in the rest of India. Also its very close to the city center with walking distance to most sights.

Room Tip: ask to see a few rooms with different prices to compare, price differs more then the room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank mitax
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a pleasant stay at Dasprakash for three days and that too in Dasara time( you have to book well in advance though). This is in center of the city easy access to market , palace and for shopping. This is not very hi-tech hotel they have all basic needs. We all go to Mysore for side seeing we hardly spend much time in room. Room service is good too. In food i liked yogurt/curd rice served with fried chilies its yummy. Many famous eat-outs around this and near by areas. You will need good minimum one week to explore at least main places, temples, eat-outs in Mysore.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Vinaytp
Reviewed 27 December 2013

After reading the various reviews especially the ones bordering on some bad experiences faced by some of the travellers,i became a little skeptical about the Hotel and was wondering whether i should really be staying at this Hotel.But turned down by other Hotels as i had not booked well in advance i had no choice but to go to this Hotel.Reaching at about 4 in the evening i parked my car at the spacious parking lot and proceeded to the insipid Reception counter and waited for my turn to be attended to by the elderly looking male Receptionist.
Since i am not very comfortable in A/c Rooms being a serious heart patient, but perhaps gauging by the formals in which i was, the Receptionist suggested that i should take an A/c room which according to him was very comfortable.I had to then explain about the status of my health and my need for a copious amount of fresh air and warmth and finally giving in,rather apologetically,suggested that they had only one room left( for the three of us) and should we not mind, we could stay in the same after inspecting it.
Being escorted by a simple floor attendant,i reached the room.( which ultimately was heaven for three days)
Stepping- in,anger and disappointment built up in a jiffy.Do we have to stay in this rat-hole?
But, in a minute of introspection anger vanished .Perhaps here was a room which probably would have been a home to some great men of yore who would have drawn inspiration from the same.
The beautiful vintage furniture was very inviting, besides the cupboards made of teak.The only sign of modernity was the TV,which was reminding us of our today’s existence.
As I was coming out of the room ,the sun’s rays were entering thro the west facing door reminding me that he was there in all his glory to keep us warm.
Returning to the Reception Counter I unabashedly told the elderly Receptionist that we had got what we wanted and that we would stay for about four days.
Considering that it would be a slightly long stretch as per their standards ,i was told to pay an advance which i promptly did and we went to our room which was our home sweet home for the next three days.By the time we reached the room the linen had been changed and kept ready.
Settling down and freshening -up,we went to Akshaya Restaurant for our first bite in the city of Mysore.Although nothing to rave about,the South Indian Thali (plate meal) was decent and adequate and costed only Rs 70.
The following morning was one of preparing for the visits.After a bath in piping hot water and readiness, it was back to Akshaya for some very good break-fast and excellent coffee.
The next two days was a routine, sinking in and becoming nostalgic,
Sitting outside the room in the corridor in the evenings and watching the crowd and the activity around was something that we would always miss,maybe for ever.
The Hotel is very popular as evident from the rush of Travellers from around the globe for many of them Dasaprakash being a Youth Hostel sort of.
The Hotel has a Chat corner,fledgling though,an internet kiosk and a travel agency.
Wednesday was departure day.The checkout formality was very very simple.Unlike many other hotels there was/were no attendants breathing down the neck for tips.Their simplicity and affable manners automatically would make one, tip them.
At about Rs 4000 for three adults for three days ,it was a steal.
An unforgettable experience indeed.
Eager to be back again soon.
If the Hotel could be summed-up in one sentence it was like a beautiful marriage place buzzing with activity.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the west are better ones.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank byepassedheart
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were very happy to stay at Dasaprakash and we particularly were impressed with the humble and friendly attitude of staff in dealing with the guests. Our first experience was of the porter singing a small Kannada song for us while we accompanied him on the way to our rooms...haha. As we checked in, I wasn't surprised to find the bright white crisp bedsheets and pillow covers, as I had read all of this and more in the online reviews about the hotel. We got fresh and visited the restaurant Akshaya in the hotel premises and our impression was great; thali meals with authentic Mysore taste and as we were relishing the food, my 2 year old son was throwing tantrums. Now this can be embarrasing at times and I was hurrying up eating so that I could carry my son out of the restaurant and let my family and other guests eat peacefully. The Manager walked in (I assume he had seen us on the CCTV camera) and asked me to continue with the food and started speaking to my son, who immediately kept quiet and then finished his own food. I started a general conversation with the Manager, wherein I learnt that the Hotel is undergoing a transformation in terms of providing more value to customers; the restaurant table tops are newly done, new tables were ordered giving a very modern chic look (I saw the sample chairs). A new chaat house 'Agra Chaats' is introduced in the hotel premises and provides authentic chaats with 2 cooks brought in from Agra. I saw a lot of foreigners and the Manager recalled an incident of a lady expat suggesting to the Manager that the age old building be retained as it gave a heritage look to the hotel. The hotel indeed has a retro look with the building architecture and the room furniture, but is a simple comfortable complex housing great staff. We had our own car and the next day we had to visit Nanjangud, a place near Mysore. The hotel's inhouse travel arrangement officer advised us on the route with a small hand sketched map. Everything is near to the hotel; the palace, the Dasara Exhibition venue, the market etc. All in all great location, great hospitality, great food, great value for money. Our visit to Mysore was excellent and I take this opportunity to thank the Hotel Manager and all the staff for all this. I see it this way, a comfortably priced hotel, great value and changing itself to suit changing times, giving a blend of both retro and modern look. But above all, from a holistic view, the treatment was exceptional; the small little things matter a lot to create the collective experience to be a memorable one.

Room Tip: All rooms should be good; but book in advance as the hotel runs with almost 100% occupancy rate.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank sachindharwatkar
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is not the first time I have been to the Mysore Dasaprakash, I have been there few times earlier and know how good it actually is, but unfortunately I was let down completely when I went to visit this last time. I had driven to Mysore from Bangalore in a car and I told my wife, I know where we are going to stay, that's only the start , after that every went haywire for us.
we got a double deluxe room in the hotel and found following things lacking,
1. room was not that clean
2. no hot water at all
3. the floor was very dirty.
4. the most important part being the toilet was a complete disaster.

there are some good things which was well noted.
1. food
2. car parking space.
3. locality ( centre of the town)

there is a fact that some construction was going on in the area where I was located, may be that's the reason , it did not work out.

Room Tip: Don't go near the under renovation block
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family