“Lovely airy picturesque” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel

and 1 more site!
Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel
Ranked #2 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
NYC
“Lovely airy picturesque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Can't beat ambiance. Garden dining pretty and appealing
Room has wonderful covered terrace. I stayed upper floor. Can open screened windows for air
Bathroom okay
TV , bed, linens all more than fine... Clean and uncarpeted which I like
Food is fine I would not describe it as phenomenal. Wait staff in food area a bit less polished ( I asked for a table not in the own sun which was EZ to do by moving one, it was not carried out with panache but implied great inconvenience). Food order slightly slow but no big deal

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MetropoleHotelMysore, General Manager at Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Greetings!!!
The team and I thank you for choosing The Royal orchid Metropole, during your visit to Mysore. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to have been of service to you.
Thank you for very much for posting your experience and suggestion on Trip Advisor .

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Metropole,Mysore.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Romsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Overall this hotel is really lovely. The restaurant, especially in the evening, was memorable with fantastic food! Our room was spacious and comfortable although the bathroom was a little tired with a cracked basin and some truly awful grouting which really needs some attention. Paying for wi fi was a slight annoyance especially as the connection was so slow that it was almost impossible to download photographs, newspapers etc. In summary, a little investment in infrastructure would make this hotel top notch.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 105. Quite noisy near main road if you want to sit outside but quiet at night wit...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
I have shared your gracious comments on our service with the team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and I decided to stay here very last minute during a trip to Mysore. We were so glad we did! The hotel is really charming, Quiet, but still centrally located. Excellent service. The food was amazing and really memorable. Excellent value!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Royal Orchid Metropole is a "heritage" hotel and this is immediately apparent as soon as one enters the hotel. It is maintained very well and is a pleasure to behold. The staff is courteous and even the janitorial staff members are friendly and go out of their way in assisting in simple and efficient ways. I would recommend the courtyard restaurant where the food is quite excellent but not inexpensive. Additionally, the staff went above and beyond when they mailed my scarf (that had sentimental value for me) back to me - one that I had mistakenly left behind in my room; and act that was very touching and one that few hotels would have taken the care to send. I will definitely be returning to this hotel and recommend it very highly to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Greetings!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in December 2013. The hotel is lovely, the service excellent, the ambience spectacular. The restaurant at the hotel is also wonderful.

I want to make a special note of the service at the restaurant. Every meal was spectacular. More importantly, the wait-staff made us feel very welcome-- they clearly took great pride in their job. At dinner the last night we mentioned to the host that while we had bought gifts, we had neglected to buy some Mysore coffee. We were so pleasantly surprised to get a knock on the door late at night-- they had sent someone out to buy us our coffee! All the staff deserve a raise!!!

We will definitely go back to Mysore, and most certainly stay at Royal Orchid Metropole.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MetropoleHotelMysore, General Manager at Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014

washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a lovely stay in this hotel. It is really beautiful - captures the charm of Mysore. You can tell it used to be a Maharaja's palace! Great location - I walked down to the market on my first afternoon with no trouble and could see all the sites and get to restaurants very easily other days. Also great if you are visiting the University of Mysore which I was since it is just next door. Everyone I talked to in Mysore knows this place and thinks of it as the best hotel in town. My room on the second floor was the nicest I had in 3 weeks in India - I especially loved the old wood style and the balcony - though the AC unit had some trouble and I had to call to have it fixed a couple of times. Other issues: the gym REALLY needs some updating. Equipment is old and creaky and there really needs to be AC in there! (gets too hot with the door closed and too buggy w/ it open). The pool is nice but I wanted it to be open at the end of the day when I came back to the hotel after a long day and needed to relax. I didn't use the restaurant for dinners since it was pricey and didn't have many veg options but the breakfast was fabulous! Order the cooked to order masala dosa. I'm still dreaming about it! Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful- and also helped me book some complicated travel when the travel desk was closed. The cleaning staff are always at it - and the laundry I sent out was done quickly, cheaply and impeccably. All in all a great stay in a really wonderful city.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the second floor to avoid noise from patio dining area - the balconies are a lovel...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for very much for posting your experience on Trip Advisor .

I have shared your gracious comments on our service and suggestion we all will work on it..

Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Nice Hotel in the heart of Mysore city, well maintained property. Rooms are fairly big with a private balcony. Food is tasty but can improve on the variety of dishes. Staff were very helpful and polite. Overall a great place to stay and relax in Mysore.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family