“Good Rooms but nothing else”
Review of Hotel Palace Plaza

Hotel Palace Plaza
Ranked #85 of 108 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We went for a Mysore trip with family and stayed overnight in this hotel. The room we were in was a super deluxe room, room was good, but intercom was not working and a/c was dripping, room service was not so good. We had to call some one from room service to give soap, towel, tv remote, ac remote etc. They had to be reminded for every thing to be provided in the room. there were 2 single Bed, which slipped as soon as we went to the bed leaving a big gap in between, making it hard for my kid to sleep in between. Location of this hotel is quite good.

We had our dinner in the roof top restaurant of the hotel, food was okay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I went with my family just for an overnight stay on my way back to Bangalore. Reached Mysore at around 9.30pm and didn't want to spend too much time in searching for a hotel. This hotel being closer to the Mysore bus stand, tried my luck. I was looking for an AC room which was not available and decided to take a non AC room. The price seemed negotiable as they brought down the tariff by Rs.300 when they noticed that we were also checking at other hotels over phone.

To keep it simple, this is a simple hotel and just okay for a brief stay, especially to get some sleep. Nothing more can be expected. While the rooms are decent, the bathroom was definitely a big disappointment. I could see some broken glasses, bulbs and chipped off tiles in the bathroom indicating to me that their target audience is budget travellers. The service staff that I met was good and helpful.

Food in the restaurant was decent but they didn't switch on the AC even on a summer morning and there are no fans (as it's an AC restaurant) and that was not a good service.

I was slightly confused between giving 2 star or 3 star rating for this hotel but finally gave 3 star as my kids didn't complaint much about losing their sleep :-).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Me and my family members went to mysore for a family trip. It was the first time we were united after a long time. I wanted to make the occasion special and researched well about this hotel before taking them. Thing is this hotel had decent rating on trip advisor and it was near our location. So we went in.

First disappointment was almost all the glasses were having bad odour. You know how it feels when you take your family and you have such a opening. I lived with that and had the server replace the glasses.

Then came the soup. We ordered chicken clear soup. Who in the hell will pour too much lemon on a clear soup. It was so sucked up. And I threaded it away.

Next for Christ sake I ordered sandwich. And by this time I thought I would eat and get the hell out of there. I found the godamn egg shells in sandwich. I has a small fight and got the hell out of there.

Such a pathetic food. Don't you ever waste your money and time. All you will get is frustrated.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank sata123
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Well placed location. Just a walk to the large market. Also convenient for the Palace. Auto rickshaws always available outside. Hotel is placed between Mosque and open windowed cinema. Quiet nights sleep but noisy in afternoon/evening.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed one night at HPP, in January 2013.

1) Prices appear to be so negotiable that their listed rates (which they initially insist are the going-rates) are evidently exorbitant, or borderline a scam.

2) Service wasnt good. The 3 attendants we dealt with were neither nice nor helpful, yet one made the most insistent attempt at being paid a tip for taking the key from the reception and riding the elevator with us to the room. (The staff on the rooftop bar seemed nice though but we didnt stay long). At the end, they asked us to just sign an unfilled comment card; I'm assuming they would handle the tedious details themselves.

3) The room was neat and bright and the beds/sheets were in very good shape. The bathroom was a bit disappointing and not on the same level as the room (and no hot water).TV was tiny and remote was malfunctioning.

4) Location is quite good, right next to the palace.

5) Despite paying only INR 1,300 for the night and not consuming anything onsite, we were presented with a bill for drinks/food for some INR 6,000, which we were asked to sign only (and not pay) as part of the checkout. This seems like a potential means of laundering money, so, for the ethically conscious, avoid. For the money conscious, this improves your bargaining position.

The road HPP is on is full of hotels with every price range, so it's easy to have a look around before settling on this one.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KWO333
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The position of hotel is fantastic and easily accessible to almost all important places of the city.Foods are awesome and a great variety.The roof-top restaurant is very much attractive and staffs are helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My stay was booked in Hotel Palace Plaza thru ClearTrip. Though booking was done and amount paid, hotel manager did not allow/authorize my booking. Since I traveled all the way from Chennai to Mysore, I requested to allocate room. After a long waiting time, I got my room confirmed with additional charge of Rs. 700.

" Seasonal tariff raised. " is the reason quoted by manager.

This hotel does not have separate site, with my terrible experience, I request not to book with this hotel.

Cleartrip Team: I am not sure on your agreement with that hotel. Seems there is no proper communication between your teams. My request is, do not penalize customers for this.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family