“Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Palace Plaza

Hotel Palace Plaza
Ranked #75 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

The hotel was good, neat and clean. Hotel staff were good, Food was not expensive but good. The best part of the hotel is its just near to Mysore Palace.Room size was little small. We were late to return to hotel(11:30 pm), but when we asked for dinner they provide us the service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Saptarshi_Patra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at place plaza after we saw its review on Trip advisior. Rooms were clean but the Taps in the toilets were not working. We some how managed. The roop top resturant was really good with a variety of food. The tariff of this hotel is not that expensive. But it has a superb location. That is just opposite the tha Mysore palace. The market is at walkable distance.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gautamkrsahu
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

The stay at the hotel was good, the hotel staff were courteous and the rooms were good and neat. Food was OK. The overall stay was good. Internet access was also good. Near to the Railway station, Mysore palace.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thank Vijay Shikhaman... K
Muscat, Oman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

If you are looking for 1 place where staff lose temper at each other & you want to a queen size bed with split mattress & dirty windows (no great view either) & get cold water instead of hot water for bath... Then look no further as this is the place for you.
I've stayed here 5 years ago and that time I liked this hotel but now it's just a disappointment

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank GuruJayasimha

Travellers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We went for a Mysore trip with family and stayed overnight in this hotel. The room we were in was a super deluxe room, room was good, but intercom was not working and a/c was dripping, room service was not so good. We had to call some one from room service to give soap, towel, tv remote, ac remote etc. They had to be reminded for every thing to be provided in the room. there were 2 single Bed, which slipped as soon as we went to the bed leaving a big gap in between, making it hard for my kid to sleep in between. Location of this hotel is quite good.

We had our dinner in the roof top restaurant of the hotel, food was okay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I went with my family just for an overnight stay on my way back to Bangalore. Reached Mysore at around 9.30pm and didn't want to spend too much time in searching for a hotel. This hotel being closer to the Mysore bus stand, tried my luck. I was looking for an AC room which was not available and decided to take a non AC room. The price seemed negotiable as they brought down the tariff by Rs.300 when they noticed that we were also checking at other hotels over phone.

To keep it simple, this is a simple hotel and just okay for a brief stay, especially to get some sleep. Nothing more can be expected. While the rooms are decent, the bathroom was definitely a big disappointment. I could see some broken glasses, bulbs and chipped off tiles in the bathroom indicating to me that their target audience is budget travellers. The service staff that I met was good and helpful.

Food in the restaurant was decent but they didn't switch on the AC even on a summer morning and there are no fans (as it's an AC restaurant) and that was not a good service.

I was slightly confused between giving 2 star or 3 star rating for this hotel but finally gave 3 star as my kids didn't complaint much about losing their sleep :-).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Me and my family members went to mysore for a family trip. It was the first time we were united after a long time. I wanted to make the occasion special and researched well about this hotel before taking them. Thing is this hotel had decent rating on trip advisor and it was near our location. So we went in.

First disappointment was almost all the glasses were having bad odour. You know how it feels when you take your family and you have such a opening. I lived with that and had the server replace the glasses.

Then came the soup. We ordered chicken clear soup. Who in the hell will pour too much lemon on a clear soup. It was so sucked up. And I threaded it away.

Next for Christ sake I ordered sandwich. And by this time I thought I would eat and get the hell out of there. I found the godamn egg shells in sandwich. I has a small fight and got the hell out of there.

Such a pathetic food. Don't you ever waste your money and time. All you will get is frustrated.

• Stayed April 2013