I'm a nature enthusiast and a frequent traveler. I've been to many places in India and abroad. However, so far I never wrote any reviews about any of the resorts or hotels, but I'm now compelled to write a review as I want people to know the plus and minus of The Windflower resorts at different locations before they make their reservations.
I have opted for the multi resort package offered by The Windflower Resorts for my honeymoon and below is my experience so far.
I've opted for the 6 nights and 7 days multi resort package which includes 1 night stay at Mysore, 1 night at Bandipur, 2 nights at Vythiri and 2 nights at Coorg in studios. However I've upgraded my stay to suites at all the locations.
1. Nice facilities at great locations.
2. Nice resort managers (Mr. Kiran at Vythiri and Mr. Fazal at Bandipur)
3. Very nice chef at The Windflower, Bandipur who takes personal interest by talking to each and every customer and takes the feedback about food. Kudos to his hospitality.
4. The Windflower Mysore is awesome in every aspect (location, cleanliness, maintenance, food, hospitality)
1. Poor cleanliness of the dining area, dining tables, plates, spoons, dishes. The floor near the dining/buffet area is always slippery and no bothers about cleaning any of these things.(only at The Windflower Bandipur).
2. Very poor indoor games facilities at The Windflower resorts, Bandipur. All the boards and tables are either broken or damaged.
3. The towels given at The Windflower Bandipur and Vythiri are not at all good. They have some blood stains and other spots and smelled very odd.
4. The food is good, however due to the worst service one will lose their interest in enjoying it. Particularly at The Windflower resorts Vythiri, all the servers/waiters were busy all the time serving the couples who are having candle light dinner.
Also none of the servers bother about refilling the emptied food items. So the people have to either wait forever or get satisfied with the existing/remaining food items.
There is a live counter where rotis and appam are prepared. However, once ordered each of these items take 30 mins to reach the table. I've ordered an appam to try it out, however after waiting for 30 mins the appam reached our table and it tasted very bad as it was half cooked.
5. No private safari tour facility available at The Windflower resorts in Bandipur, whereas the other resorts have such facility available with them.
6. Poor or no WiFi connectivity at The Windflower resort in Vythiri.
I hope at least my stay in The Windflower resorts at Coorg would be good and both I and my wife will have a good ending to our honeymoon trip. In my next posting I'll share my experience at Coorg.
I'm posting this review from my mobile, hence please ignore the typing mistakes if there are any.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windflower Resorts & Spa, Mysore embodies the true spirit of the Royal city of Mysore on the foothills of the Chamundi surrounded by the evergreen & historically significant landscape of the city. Featuring palatial rooms, private sit-outs, well-appointed bathrooms with rain showers in some, villas with private plunge pools are just to name a few features of the accommodation. The resort hosts its signature EMERGE the Wellness Spa featuring healing therapies written during the ages of Rishis of Ayurveda, a sunken outdoor pool and many an indoor and outdoor activities. Olive Garden, a multi-cuisine a la carte restaurant with its open air setting surrounded by a pond with cheerful geese combined with The Vineyard Bistro, a modern hangout holds its own to delight. Complete with multiple modern meeting facilities the resort features an open air meeting room, two banquet halls of differential sizes and features and an expansive party lawn for those with events, conferences, off-sites or celebrations in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Windflower Resort & Spa, Mysore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windflower Hotel Mysore
- Windflower Hotel Mysore
- Windflower Resort Mysore
- Resort Mysore