It is a beautiful spot! Wake up in the morning by the sounds of singing birds and enjoy the beautiful sight from your room... I loved it and I would (and probably will) go there again. My room was just heavenly!
That said: Dear management, please work on this place! There is the once beautiful Nirvana terrace in a state of great neglect, there is the really dirty "pool" and there is the terrace on the back that no one cares about. And the "business center" that is actually just an ugly room with the computer that is used by the reception staff - really a shame to look at - at the outrageous price of 200 Rs/hour.
But most of all, the restaurant. Why could you not serve breakfast, lunch and dinner on the terrace? The restaurant is not a nice place to sit. Also the breakfast (at least the western part of it) is awful. There is no choice and the little there is is not very inviting, except for the fresh fruit. Lunch and dinner was quite good. Nothing outstanding, but the prices were reasonable.
I loved the service though. The staff did not always get it right, but they really tried and were always nice and friendly. Not the trained, false sort of friendly, but the real kind. Room service was always very quick.
The spa consists of two huts and it really is simple, but I loved it. It was so nice with the sound of birds and the river. Go for the back massage/and or foot massage - really great! They have some sort of steam thing for you to climb in afterwards. But if you are a little taller than the average indian, you will not find it comfortable.
One more word: You are really out of Mysore here! You need 30-40 minutes to get into town. The return trip always cost me around 1.500 Rs, no matter if I needed the car for 3 hours and one drop off or for 8 hours driving around in Mysore - which I thought strange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set by the inspiring Cauvery river, and overlooking the breathtaking Brindavan Gardens, this hotel holds the promise of heaven on earth. This is where you can immerse yourself in moments that stand still and create memories that last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Hotel Mysore
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Mysore