I was pleasantly surprised when my customer told me the workshop will be at Royal Orchid, Brindavan Gardens, Krishnaraja Sagar.
The hall we were given I was told was the erstwhile Ball Room-a no pillar hall, bright and large enough. However, the air conditioning was a challenge-sometimes pretty cold and sometimes warm. I wish they had temperature control within the hall.
Service was just fine and all was good with the stewards being attentive. I also felt with such breath taking views of Brindavan Gardens from their Elephant Bar, everyone was so mesmerized that no service was needed. The lunch on day 1 was at CK Restaurant and indeed pretty high quality of food and spread of menu. Masala Dosas were really yummy at the live counter. I relished the way the spread and manner in which the dessert counter was done. WoW! Alas, I choose not to add calories and didn’t grab a bite.
Day 2 being a Saturday, Royal Orchid decided to give preference to the weekend guests and pushed our buffet [a highly truncated version] to the passage section near the Elephant Bar. Obviously, my colleagues and I were disappointed since we were expecting something similar to the Day 1 menu. Since we were keen to conclude the workshop and return to our destinations we went through the ceremony of completing lunch. My take here is had Royal Orchid thought through this aspect they would have either planned for our lunch on both days at any one of the places-either the passages of Elephant Bar or CK restaurant. By trying to do a mix and match, I guess they made a mess, albeit small.
The cookies and other snacks served during tea / coffee breaks were good, but again refills took time and on one instance never happened.
I did not get to use their guest rooms, but will do someday.
Overall, a good experience and with some small caring actions and planning, Royal Orchid can make it an enchanting and memorable experience for their guests. Else, it might find favor with guests who want to be close to the famed Brindavan Gardens. And that could mean lesser repeat visits by the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set by the inspiring Cauvery river, and overlooking the breathtaking Brindavan Gardens, this hotel holds the promise of heaven on earth. This is where you can immerse yourself in moments that stand still and create memories that last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Hotel Mysore
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Mysore