“Mysore”

Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Getting to the right place in Mysore was a challenge and for some god forsaken reason, the bookings are not confirmed on the net or then when you call, the rooms are not available. I had to plan a short vacation to Bangalore and Mysore for my mother -in-law, my wife and her two NRI sisters! And then get rated by them! Now this is a real challenge. So I requested a very dear friend based out of Mysore to pull strings (Delhi style) and get the trip organised.
He assured me of getting a 10/10 and this is where he booked the ladies. They are all Railway kids and the place, rooms, decor and service reminded them of childhood. The location was super, they could go for long walks and the weather also played along.
The only suggestion they had was, that this place should focus on South Indian (Karnatic) cuisine instead of trying their hand at North Indian food , which is best left to the North Indians.
Over all, a very happy and satisfied family!

Room Tip: Take rooms towards the gardens.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden,Mysore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked the stay,service of our Hotel. This is the best motivation we can use.

We have noted your concern about South Indian(Karnataka) cuisine to be included on the menu I have discussed with my chef and we are working on it

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Hope to welcome you back soon at Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden,Mysore

hm.brindavan@royalorchidhotels.com

There are newer reviews for Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens

Reviewed 1 March 2014

It was a nice experience. The location is excellent with beautiful view early in d morning n late in evening.
A fresh breeze in d morning will take away all exhaustion from d day 2 day life.
The buffet and d food was delicious. It was v.cheaply priced despite d fact that its d only hotel/restaurent in d close proximity.

The staff was very cooperative n courteous.

Only a little disappointing was d pool which was only 4ft n d spa was not dat gr8.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden ,Mysore !!

We are delighted to know you liked the stay, food and service of our Hotel. This is the best motivation we can use.

We have shared your concern about Swimming Pool and Spa with the department Heads.

Hope to welcome you back soon at Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden, Mysore

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when my customer told me the workshop will be at Royal Orchid, Brindavan Gardens, Krishnaraja Sagar.

The hall we were given I was told was the erstwhile Ball Room-a no pillar hall, bright and large enough. However, the air conditioning was a challenge-sometimes pretty cold and sometimes warm. I wish they had temperature control within the hall.

Service was just fine and all was good with the stewards being attentive. I also felt with such breath taking views of Brindavan Gardens from their Elephant Bar, everyone was so mesmerized that no service was needed. The lunch on day 1 was at CK Restaurant and indeed pretty high quality of food and spread of menu. Masala Dosas were really yummy at the live counter. I relished the way the spread and manner in which the dessert counter was done. WoW! Alas, I choose not to add calories and didn’t grab a bite.

Day 2 being a Saturday, Royal Orchid decided to give preference to the weekend guests and pushed our buffet [a highly truncated version] to the passage section near the Elephant Bar. Obviously, my colleagues and I were disappointed since we were expecting something similar to the Day 1 menu. Since we were keen to conclude the workshop and return to our destinations we went through the ceremony of completing lunch. My take here is had Royal Orchid thought through this aspect they would have either planned for our lunch on both days at any one of the places-either the passages of Elephant Bar or CK restaurant. By trying to do a mix and match, I guess they made a mess, albeit small.

The cookies and other snacks served during tea / coffee breaks were good, but again refills took time and on one instance never happened.

I did not get to use their guest rooms, but will do someday.

Overall, a good experience and with some small caring actions and planning, Royal Orchid can make it an enchanting and memorable experience for their guests. Else, it might find favor with guests who want to be close to the famed Brindavan Gardens. And that could mean lesser repeat visits by the guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden ,Mysore !!

My sincere apology about air condition issue and 2nd days experience, I have shared your concern with concern managers.

Hope to welcome you back soon at Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden, Mysore

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at this hotel. First off, it is located well outside of Mysore city (45 minute drive) so not a good location if you are planning on sight seeing in town.

The hotel is quite beautiful but has not been well maintained. It ends up being a strange mix of beautiful elements (art and architecture) with budget elements (like paper placemats in the cheaply decorated restaurant or the cheap plastic bin in the poorly constructed bathrooms). Not what you'd expect given the price point of the hotel.

Staff vary considerably in their helpfulness and ability to speak English.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit Mysore city simply because of the distance but if you are looking for a break from the city, it is okay.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank RJDemp
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Mysore.
We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel.
Your observations regarding our positive and negative services and the hotel are inspirational for all of us .We will certainly work on our shortfalls.
We thank you once again for your support and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The rooms are spacious and beautiful, the balcony opens into the brindavan gardens.you can enjoy a good morning walk in the gardens and then have a sumptous breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time out to review our service standards..

We noted experience you have had with our services .We all look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Mysore.

Regards

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Travelled feb 6-7 2014. The view from the building is great. Worth visiting only on weekdays else there is a huge crowd to see krs and it spoils the peaceful atmosphere. Rooms at a first glance look grand but lack in cleanliness and maintenance. View from the room and the bar is lovely. Towels were not really clean, toiletries had not been checked before we checked in, i found some of them empty! We could not get the tv working and no one picked up at the reception. When they finally did, they said they would send someone over to check and no one came till we left the next day!
Restaurant is good, though menu is a little limited.
Good for some quiet relaxation near the river and dam with nice views. Not a "luxury" destination.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to review our service standards..

Kindly accept my sincere apology for all the inconvenience .

We noted experience you have had with our services .I have addressed this matter with the team/Managers and assure you that all internal procedures have been strengthened and emphasized to avoid any recurrence. We will certainly work on bettering our service standards .
Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed there in may 2013 for a night. Rooms and hotel are good. location is awesome.
Restaurant is lacking, need to speed up the service time, and prices were a little high. Other restaurants are in the city which is about 20 kms away. The worst part was the swimming pool, size is small fine, but need to keep it clean folks. The best part is the view and the peace in the mornings.

Room Tip: choose a room on the higher floors, preferably on the right side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to review our service standards..

Kindly accept my sincere apology for all the inconvenience .

Regrads