“Awesome experience....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens

Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens
Ranked #19 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
“Awesome experience....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was the second time I visited this hotel.... we had an awesome time.... beautiful rooms and a breathtaking view.... the sales manager HARI was very friendly and helpful....the chief chef Deepak also pampered us with great food... entire experience was very pleasant .... a must visit.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan ,Mysore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked the stay, food and service of our Hotel. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Hm.brindavan@royalorchidhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

There were days when people from far away places in India used to come to South India for their honeymoon and the iconic brindavan garden was definitely in their itenary. This hotel is right inside brindavan garden confines and that's the biggest best part about it. All rooms are garden facing and it's a pleasure to have a walk in the area after garden public timings with all the view without the crowd.

Now coming to the hotel review. I went there for a special occasion and had ordered for a cake to be placed in my room before I arrived. Despite confirmation that was not done until I sent atleast 4 reminders. I did not quite make an issue as I did not want to spoil our mood. The hotel does not have lift so please choose the room accordingly. The rooms layout is good but cleanliness is an issue. When we checked in the table and chairs in the room were dirty. Toilets are leaky. Swimming pool is very basic and remains dirty with leaves and insects. The changing room stinks. Spa is good. Food is average.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amitchhaperia
Dear Guest
please accept our sincere apology for experiencing service and product issues during your stay. I have shared your feed back with the concern managers for not placing the cake in room on committed time.I would like to ensure you that we have taken the necessary corrective measures and would like to assure you that you will find positive improvement in our services and product in your next visit.
Enhancement of swimming pool and commissioning guest elevator is on process.
If you can give me your email, I shall update you on that.
On behalf of my entire team I thank you once again for your kind patronage.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Royal Orchid at Brindavan Gardens is one of the best places that they have. All the rooms are garden facing and you can see the entire Brindavan gardens.The restaurant serves awesome food and the executive chef makes it a point make his presence felt at each table and personally takes their feedback . The staff is just awesome. Very kind and courteous right from the guards to the reception and the restaurant. They are so helpful at times. Then there is swimming pool, spa, pool table , gym.I think Royal Orchid is doing a great job in customer service and I am so proud and happy to be a Gold member of their club. Great job guys. Cheers !!!!!!!

Room Tip: The King rooms are the best which is pretty huge with a large LCD and bath tubs , use the upgrade co...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this review, 11 May 2014

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We planned our long weekend for Masinagudi and Wayanad. However, in order to split our long road drive from Bangalore to Masinagudi, we left a day earlier and stayed in this hotel in outskirts of Mysore. The hotel offers a splendid view of Brindavan gardens which is the USP of this property. Although, general public is present in the evenings, but walk in park in morning gives a feel of exclusivity. The property is old but maintained well. The food quality is also good and service leave no complains. Will recommend for family and couple stays for those who wish to spend time out of crowded lanes of city. In all a great weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on top floor to have good view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this review, 9 May 2014

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Paid around 6000 for a day, was expecting high standards.
Couldn't find anything that deserves 6k per day,

1) Small Rooms.
2) Smaller Washroom,
3) Ac wasn't working.
4) Swimming was so tinny, it was like a pool for kids.
5) coffee/ tea maker was full of ants.
6) Nobody picks external calls.

Torn linen, mark of ink on sheets, washroom were pathetic, average breakfast, AC doesn't work properly. NO value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest
please accept our sincere apology for experiencing service, product and technical issues during your stay. I have shared your feed back with all the concern managers. I would like to ensure you that I have taken the necessary corrective measures and would like to assure you that you will find positive improvement in our service and products in your next visit.
Enhancement of swimming pool is a major task ,we have given the proposal to our corporate office and the work order is under process.
If you can give me your email, I shall update you on that.
On behalf of my entire team I thank you once again for your kind patronage.

Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Myself & my husband had visited Vrindavan Gardens- @ 25 years back. This Hotel had attracted our attention. Due to short of time we could not enjoy Brindavan properly & we had decided to come again & stay in this hotel. Our long pending wish came true this time. We a group of 6 from Pune & Nagpur planned a vacation in Coorg. Since Mysore was on way to Coorg from Banglore, we decided to stay in this hotel at least for a day. It was a great experience. all of us got the Specious rooms facing the Garden. The Hotel is a heritage property, within Brindavan Gardens. Food has some limitations in terms of varieties and the cost both & swimming pool was not operational. The staff was very co-operative. Sitting out especially in the month of April & May is not very pleasent, due to insects & mosqutoes. But still the Hotel is " Must Stay" category.

Room Tip: First Floor Vrindavan Garden facing rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SPNaik

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked this hotel with a lot of apprehensions after reading some fairly negative reviews. The only reason we still booked it was that it was the only hotel with a view of the Brindavan Gardens.

The end result was that the hotel was excellent & the Brindavan gardens were not :)
The rooms are specious with large sit outs facing the gardens. The service was excellent and so was the food. The restaurant was a tad expensive for Mysore.

We are a family of 2+2 so we needed an extrabed & the room as spacious & comfortable even after the extrabed.

Room Tip: Take Garden facing rooms only.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan ,Mysore !!