“Good stay”

Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens
Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Me and my wife visited the place in 2014 June. It was her bday and we just wanted to go away from noisy city to a calm place. One of my friend visited Royal Orchid early that week and the photos made us to try out our luck. I requested Hari in Royal orchid to arrange some balloons and a cake. Even though it was in a short notice they arranged everything.

Pros: A good place for relaxation. Calm, quiet, serene. Early morning walk is simply amazing. No body wil be in Brindavan garden except you. Evenings are too crowded, but the lights and walk in breeze can make it beautiful. From the top of Hotel you can have a great view of Garden. You can have a walk around Hotel, SPA, Games can make your stay relaxed one. Staff is really helpful.

Cons: Food is not that great. Its just ok. No other alternatives as you are away from town. Rooms are old and sometimes it stinks. Can improve on that. Swimming pool is not usable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VeJeah
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden, Mysore !!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are delighted to know you liked the stay, food and service of our Hotel. This is the best motivation we can use.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Royal orchid brindavan garden is a excellent hotel to stay, I had my first experience staying in Mysore in Royal Orchid Hotel. Their rooms are quite spacious with great view and restaurant food spread was amazing. I did not have to order anything out of the menu. I would highly recommend this hotel all visitors who are coming to mysore for first time as the hotel is almost near to most of the good outdoor locations. Thanks.

Room Tip: Rooms with great view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Payel_13

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at this property for a night in end June, 2014 whilst visiting Bangalore. Our prime consideration for choosing this property was its excellent location - you cannot get closer to the famous Brindavan Gardens than this. It is actually right adjacent to the Krishna Raj Sagar (KRS) Dam and at the very beginning of the Brindavan Gardens. The building is painted white and has an imposing façade giving it a regal look. There are lots of black and white photographs throughout the corridors depicting the engineers and laborers involved in the construction of the dam during the British Rule. We stayed on the Ground Floor. The rooms are big with a 4-poster bed installed in the middle of the Master Bedroom. There is a spacious dressing room and a big washroom. Like old mansion and havelis of the bygone era it has huge windows many of which have never been closed because of there inaccessibility. There are lots of cobwebs in these windows and they have not been cleaned for a long time. The rooms are dusty, carpets are dirty and the furniture (couch and office chair) and cushions stained and dirty. Royal Orchid can do well to remove this paraphernalia which it finds so difficult to maintain but ensure the rooms and its furniture is maintained clean at all costs. Our worst experience was in the restaurant wherein the manpower was either in short supply or was busy elsewhere. We had to constantly wait for first giving our order, then for the food to be served and finally for the bill to arrive. On asking about this poor service we were told that end of June is a lean period and hence manpower was a little tight. If this is true, then Royal Orchid should close down the property in the lean season rather than creating unpleasant experiences for its guests. The Hotel has tremendous potential but its poor upkeep and service lets it down miserably. I hope Royal Orchid's Corporate Management will either manage the property well or sell it to someone else who might be more interested in running this property well and in a manner which it genuinely deserves.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Samudra_Gupta
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden, Mysore!!

Entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us during your visit to Mysore.
We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel.
Your observations regarding our positive and negative services and the hotel are inspirational for all of us .We will certainly work on our shortfalls.
We thank you once again for your support and do hope to have the pleasure of your continued visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is located in the most beautiful place, however it is not taken care of. Cleanliness need major improvement especially in the bathroom. Rooms only benefit is view of garden which is a disappointment after having a walk there. Swimming pool is a narrow bath tube padded with blue plastic and not operational. Service is rude or indifferent or totally uninterested. Never help with local informations and after promising to check for you never comes back with answer. Reception not able to give you any information regarding attractions, transport etc.. Food not fresh and rather still choice for breakfast. Not tasteful and overpriced. No choice for children. Wifi only on paid basics. Basically the great location and building is being wasted by the management and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bogi2010

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden, Mysore!!

We sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience at our hotel.
Your observations regarding service ,products and quality of the hotel are inspirational for all of us .We will certainly work on our shortfalls.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked 6 rooms on 26th July for a day. The purpose was to spend a day in leisure along with friends and family.
We concluded after the stay this was the right place and our selection of this hotels was perfect. We enjoyed everything, rooms were elegant, the service was superb, the chef was excellent , he prepared special dish for us on our request.
we can not think of any thing at this price > we travelled regularly al over the world and for me this was the best when we consider the value for money.

It is far away from city, overlooking the brindavan garden which was once upon a time iconic garden in india in 70, if any body wants to relax , it is the place

Room Tip: Any room facing brindavan garden
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kalyan kumar M

Reviewed 5 August 2014

As im a member of Royal Orchid i stayed at brindavan garden. stayed in 302 ,with excellent view of garden ..nothing like it . about the place nothing to talk about rich and Heritage ..but not maintained well .too dusty and lot of stains all over even in elephant bar .i did show to the bartender. food is little over rated . but ok fr the ambiance ..not the least to appreciate Albert at the reception ensure to give the best comfort to the customer in service ,very co operative ..

Room Tip: all are good room with good view ..
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden, Mysore !!

We are delighted to know you liked the stay and service of our Hotel. This is the best motivation we can use.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was completely smitten by the location and views of the property when I made a reservation. I was sorely disappointed. The milk served at the buffet breakfast was spoilt, The chef nonchalantly told me that milk tends to spoil if left outdoors. When I asked him why this hotel did not follow other hotels' practice of keeping milk in an ice tray, he fell silent. Early in the morning I woke up to the sound of crows in the vicinity. I realized that those who occupied the adjacent room had left their dinner dishes in the verandah and the crows were having a go. Room service did not clear the dinner dishes despite requesting them to do so. So we left these outside the room at the corridor. We stepped out in the morning and returned in the evening to find the dishes still there. Given the remote location, we had no option but to have breakfast there on day 2. They were supposed to s. tart serving breakfast at 7:30. We informed the staff the previous night that we would have breakfast at 730 and check out. Even at 7:45 they had not started serving breakfast. So we ordered a coffee and started checking out. The receptionist casually asked us to wait for a packed breakfast and billed us for the coffee saying that we had ordered coffee from the room! Only when I pointed out that rules should be followed by both the hotel management and guests and that since the breakfast was not ready by 7:30 we ought not to be charged for the coffee, did he cancel the bill. An avoidable property that I would rate 0/5

Room Tip: Please avoid eating in this hotel; crows might have pecked the cutlery and crockery before.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nandinivij
Brindavan, General Manager at Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest
"Greetings from Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden"

please accept our sincere apology for experiencing service issues during your stay. I have shared your feed back with all the concern managers for poor service. I would like to ensure you that we have taken the necessary corrective measures and would like to assure you that you will find positive improvement in our services and product in your next visit.

On behalf of my entire team I thank you once again for your kind patronage.