I had booked 4 a/c rooms for 4 families for a overnight stay at Maurya palace. The overall experience was very bad. I booked this hotel based on reviews I read on the internet and also based on my pleasant experience I had about 2 years ago.
* location of the hotel is within the city at walkable distance to the palace.
* Easy check in, not much formalities
* People at front desk were good,
* As we enter one of the rooms, smelling very badly due to to poor ventilation
* As soon as we got into one of the bathrooms, cockroach popped out to welcome us and my daughter was scared to go to bathroom alone after that. great first impression !!
* Bed sheets were not clean and looked like they had changed it
* Working of a/c was inconsistent. Needed call the room service multiple times, and they were not aware whether a/c was not working or it was a problem with a/c remote. Slept witout a/c, as weateher was pleasant with fans on. 2 out of 4 rooms we had a/c problem, hotel guys could not help much.
* Table lamp was not working and could not replace it. We needed it very badly as one, who travelled with us needed it for studying at late night and early morning
* Bath rooms looked shabby and bath room in one the rooms was in extremely bad condition. When I complained about it, they offered us either non a/c room in the same building or a/c room in the next building at Maurya Residency. We did not opt for it as it was more inconvinient for us.
* No hot water was availble after 9:15 PM, as some of us wanted take back after long drive.
Overall, we felt it is not value for the money and found later that there is a new hotel on the same road little further with better facilities for almost the same rate,
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Hotel Maurya Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.