“Ok, great location, helpful staff.”

Hotel Maurya Palace
Hotel Maurya Palace
Ranked #62 of 116 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We took a room without A/C, which we really don't recommend, unless you LOVE humid and hot weather. It is slightly overpriced for what you get and the restaurant staff ignored us for about 5 minutes, so we walked out. I did tell the hotel receptionist and he was really apologetic and helpful. You can tell that they were really sorry for the poor service. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are ok as well. The location is the BEST thing about this hotel, it is a few minutes away from the City Bus stand which can take you to Chamundi Hill and other sights. It is also a 3-5 minute walk away from the palace and the market.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I had booked 4 a/c rooms for 4 families for a overnight stay at Maurya palace. The overall experience was very bad. I booked this hotel based on reviews I read on the internet and also based on my pleasant experience I had about 2 years ago.

Good part:
* location of the hotel is within the city at walkable distance to the palace.
* Easy check in, not much formalities
* People at front desk were good,

Bad part:
* As we enter one of the rooms, smelling very badly due to to poor ventilation
* As soon as we got into one of the bathrooms, cockroach popped out to welcome us and my daughter was scared to go to bathroom alone after that. great first impression !!
* Bed sheets were not clean and looked like they had changed it
* Working of a/c was inconsistent. Needed call the room service multiple times, and they were not aware whether a/c was not working or it was a problem with a/c remote. Slept witout a/c, as weateher was pleasant with fans on. 2 out of 4 rooms we had a/c problem, hotel guys could not help much.
* Table lamp was not working and could not replace it. We needed it very badly as one, who travelled with us needed it for studying at late night and early morning
* Bath rooms looked shabby and bath room in one the rooms was in extremely bad condition. When I complained about it, they offered us either non a/c room in the same building or a/c room in the next building at Maurya Residency. We did not opt for it as it was more inconvinient for us.
* No hot water was availble after 9:15 PM, as some of us wanted take back after long drive.

Overall, we felt it is not value for the money and found later that there is a new hotel on the same road little further with better facilities for almost the same rate,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My stay with maurya palace was a plesant one with no hassles at all, good service, rooms and value for money. the best part is its location.
Food was prettu descent and hygine as well, hardly could find any cons abt this place. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anees N
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Hotel is well located and clean, but wifi was broken when we arriveThen my son got sick and we ended up staying a few extra days and the lack of wifi turned out to be a big problem as I could not leave the hotel room. My phone was also broken but they came to fix that so at least I could order room service. The breakfast buffet next door was ok, not great. Room service was not willing to make us some plain white rice, even when I told them my son was sick and that was all he could eat. They did help us bring in a travel agent so I could arrange onward travel, which I would have done on my own if the wifi had been working as advertised.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I admit that I booked this hotel because of the reviews I read that said this was a good hotel for the money and that it was well located. The problem is with the uneven services. The staff is nice enough but they can't help that the Wi-Fi is unreliable, the hot water is limited to certain hours, the room smells of urine, the housekeeping is in the late afternoon (when it's hottest and you want a nap), & the windows give out into a wall. The breakfast is next door. It was reasonable with fruit, grainy coffee and south Indian specialities. There was enough there to satisfy a Western culture, and under $2. Lunch was about $3. Make sure you book an AC room, but one never knows with power failures, if you'll get any cool air. TV was fine. The room was clean, aand I had them change the stinky pillows. There are two movie theatres around the corner.

Room Tip: AC room a must if it's in the front of the hotel. Ask for clean pillows if yous are stinky.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Since I was there only for night halt and not more on spending more at hotel. but in opinion , you can get bigger rooms in same budget nearby other hotels. service was good. clean, but you are suggested to not select the maurya(adjacent) wall view. its just ridicules. Food was good but very costly compared with one of good hotels nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Location was excellent just near Mysore palace and quite walkable distance to City bus stand as well. Mysore Zoo was < 2 Kms distance.
The restaurant Jewelrock was outstanding, especially panner dishes. There are quite few good near by restaurants as well like Veg Kourt, RRR.
Room services can be improved as we had to explicitly tell them again the next day to clean the room, even though i had reminded them in the morning.
The room type Palace Majestic is little bigger than the Palace Imperial room type. I would recommend Palace Majestic for families.

Overall we enjoyed the stay and our trip. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family