“Memorable days”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bangaram, India
“Memorable days”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Hi All,

Awesome place.I felt like am in ma ownplace.Prem the host really u r simply superb in all aspects.You made our days memorable.A nice gentleman blessed with amazing knowledge. Friendly & humble.About place: I felt like god's own place.kaveri river can be viewed from my bed.farms,caretaker,cow,dog..Huge number of birds crossing across bw river& farms with music.special mention is peacock.Non stop music by peacocks wowwww..We met nice family who stayed near our rooms...they are so nyc & friendly...The way to farm house also filled with nature...village smell from the paddy field along with the pure air amazing..And the bridge before farm house awesome little scary wen we reach room after outing ...thats only to me...haha...I cried before coming out that place.we stayed 2 days..but it was like am missing it like i stayed thr fa 2 years.I will definitely visit again...no doubt...Great relaxation & memory i carried out from thr..I love the place & staying completely...

Date of stay: April 2017
2 May 2017
Thank you for your review Jansi and I look forward to a another visit from you in the near future.You could also consider our other place Anirvaa at Coorg. Prem
Yssaisha
“Prem's amazing hospitality at a secluded retreat”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I've been fortunate to have had great hosts, but Prem still rises to the top and is one of the kindest and sweetest hosts I've had. He picked me up from the train station, brought me to the farm and showed me how to get there using public transportation and then walking because it's about a 3km walk from the bus stop, passing vibrant green rice paddies. Then he brought me back to the city and left me at the palace. Prem arrives to the farm early every morning, but never disturbing me, and is there to offer any help and great conversation. He brought me to Srirangapatna and gave one of many abridged history lessons. We had dinner and he brought me back to the farm again. I really enjoyed his company.

The house is great, spacious, clean, beautiful design, and the farm is very peaceful, with the flowing river to rock you to sleep, but better to stay there with company. It could be lonesome alone, unless you're looking for a little solitude, but thankfully, Prem kept me company during the day and brought me back at night. I'd love to revisit the farm with friends or family, a hammock (I imagine it would be a great accessory to have there) and when the trees are in full bloom. Seems like the perfect place to escape from the chaos of major Indian cities.

Prem definitely went above and beyond. It was a pleasure meeting you Prem, hope to see you again soon. Thank you for everything. I wish you all the best.

Date of stay: September 2016
14 Oct 2016
Thank you Shannon for being a great guest and you would be welcome anytime.Prem
BantakalD...
Udupi, India
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,138 helpful votes
“Very peaceful place for meditation...”
Reviewed 8 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Ananka Homestay was not only attached with farm and river, it also a mini museum filled with lots of books related to different topics, loads of CD's, DVD's, Audio cassettes and photographs from around the world taken by host Prem in frames which you can explore them almost everywhere inside the house walls. Prem's huge farm having different kind of trees, plants like coconuts, coca, chiku,Indian gooseberry, jackfruit, mango, guava, Custard Apple, fig, curry leaves, drum stick and many more. There is a whole day and night long flowing river sound effect & various beautiful birds chirping and singing all day long for you which is most beautiful sounds in the nature!

Me, my wife and 5 years old kid stayed only for 2 nights which is way less time to experience place like this. We never left this place in those 2 days because we wanted to feel this place properly in such a short time. We felt like staying in a five star property and also felt like staying in our own home because of very friendly Prem who made our stay very comfortable and relaxing...

Date of stay: October 2016
8 Oct 2016
It was a pleasure to host Ganesh and his family.They left the place cleaner than it was and shared their lunch too.Would love to have them back.Prem
Anastasia...
“Quiet and beautiful place surrounded by nature”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

A beautiful house in a beautiful and peaceful place where there is no hustle and bustle of the city. Nature, river, sunsets and sunrises - it were a good moments there. This is a great place for rest and relaxation. I was alone but I think this is also an ideal place to spend time with friends or family - prepare meals on the big kitchen, have a dinner all together at a round table at a nice conversation or to walk around the neighborhood and so on.

The host, Prem, is very friendly and lovely person. He picked me up from the bus station, showed a little bit the city, advised the place where to go and what worth to see. I am very grateful for the hospitality.

Thank you Prem very much and all the best!

Date of stay: January 2016
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
9 May 2016
Anastasia stayed for 2nights and was a considerate guest following the house rules diligently.She would be welcome again.
Sweta_SG
Bengaluru, India
“Nice Location”
Reviewed 1 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We were looking for a weekend getaway and selected the place based on the reviews. The farm is right on the river bank and the cottage is beautifully done. Like other reviewers have mentioned, dont look for luxury when you are coming here. We chose to cook most of our meals ourselves as we didnt really want to drive around. There is local grocery shop you could buy most of the things from. The only downside was summer this year has been terrible and there were no fans. The evenings were really nice and we could hear peacocks all around. I would love to visit the place again in another season.

Date of stay: March 2016
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
2 Apr 2016
This year has been unusually warm and it is a little uncomfortable between 1 and 3pm in the bedrooms.The living room is more comfortable thanks to the higher ceilings. Our focus in the last couple of months has been on enhancing the landscape around our site and improving the riverside by clearing weeds,shrubs and making it more convenient to swim,sit by the river, or have a stroll.
humfrey20...
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Completely Wonderful”
Reviewed 9 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

If you want to sit by a pool with a gin and tonic and spend your afternoons in shopping malls then this place probably is not for you. But we loved it! A haven of peace and tranquility and 3 miles from the nearest road. Situated on an island in the middle of a river it lies in the middle of an organic farm growing coconut, mango and cocoa beans with bananas shortly to be added. The owner spends most of his time developing the farm but reserves plenty of time to look after his guests and is happy to drive you to anywhere you want to go in the local area. A lovely and very knowledgeable man who definitely treats you as valued guests.W e all have wonderful memories of this place.

Date of stay: January 2016
Liked best: The unique experience
Liked least: There was nothing we didn't like
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
12 Feb 2016
The Goldsmith family were perfect guests and it was a pleasure hosting them. We had very interesting conversations on a wide range of subjects and they enjoyed the insights I was able to give them about the area around.We would love to have them back.
Stefan J
Stuttgart, Germany
“Nice Stay in a Calm Place”
Reviewed 9 October 2014 for a stay in June 2012

We stayed for three nights on Anananka Farms and felt very comfortable. The place is calm and there is a lot of nature around the house. You can do nice walks and find interesting places around the farm.

The owner, Prem, picked us up and hosted us in a typically Indian style. He was very friendly and tried to help us wherever he could. Moreover, we had nice conversations with him and could learn a lot about Indian culture and the local way of life.

Thank you for your hospitality!

Julia & Stefan

Date of stay: June 2012
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.