“Home Alone”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior view of cottage after the monsoon
Closer exterior view Guests outside cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Closer exterior view
Guests outside cottage
Closer view
Living area with high ceiling and glimpses of the river
The walls have interesting artifacts and photographs
Divider beteween living and kitchen allows conversations
Dining area
Another view of the dining area
Both bedrooms now have fans. Larger bedroom has TV with tata sky connection
Larger bedoom
Additional aluminium sliding doors and curtains in the bedrooms
Ensuite bathroom with the larger bedroom
Smaller bedroom
The new aluminium sliding doors in smaller bedroom
Ensuite bathroom with smaller bedroom
Functional kitchen with fridge,gas stove,mixie,rice cooker, kettle,juicer, cutlery,crockery.
Store with adequate crockery
View of the river from near our house
Everchanging views of the river
Another favourite view point
On the way to the farm
The footbridge across stream to reach our farm
Red arch at entrance to village road
Signage indicating turning to village road
You can prepare your own meals or order from eateries in the city.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Krssh
Bengaluru, India
“Home Alone”
Reviewed 19 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This is the story about how 2 couples in the middle of a movie during the first week of July, decided to explore any quiet nature oriented place (totally away from technology) in the wonderful state of Karnataka.

What followed was a bizarre latter part of the week - what is a trip when people don't threaten to pull out of the trip just before its execution?? :P , fight erupts between two couples and both decide not to turn up, work catching up. But, the champs rallied behind one another and got set for the trip with makeup kits. LoL

Though our only constraint was the mode of transport, we decided to crash in any place nearby Mysore as it was close to Bangalore. And guess what, the Ananka Farms got lucky to have us there. We set sail for our adventure on the morning of July 7th after having our mini brunch. We had a train to catch @ 10:30 a.m in Bangalore railway station(Majestic). By default 1 couple (that includes me ;) made to the railway station well before time and as usual the other couple created a chaos and set foot into the train just 5 seconds before it could start off to Mysore.

Once we reached, unfortunately a taxi guy(OLA guy) charged us heavily for dropping us to the Ananka farms from the Mysore railway station. Poor us :(

However, the excitement didn't fade away. For a moment we are taken away by the infra of the Farm house. Hats off to Prem Sir to have it architect-ed in such a fashion i would say.

He(Prem Sir) then came by and started sharing his life experience on tourism n stuff. That was cool. I should admit that he's one hell of a genius. We also had some uninvited guest all of a sudden (Johnny boy - the dog). He was such a sweet chhapp! We fed him with whatever we managed to cook both the days. In-fact it was Johnny who helped us finish the food..eeeeeee :P

The second day(Saturday) morning we went to the river(Cauveri) near by to take bath. Prem Sir had guided us to a place were it a shallow and safe to swim by. The mud near the river was so slippery that two of our friends were drawn inside up-to 1 ft deep. LoL. Again there we had another uninvited guests coming all of sudden(Cattle crossing the river). We spent the days & nights playing few indoor games and singing and dancing to loud music. Did a few photo session in and around the farm. Also witnessed 3 peacocks and few butterflies etc. Not to forget, Prem Sir also had a good collection of books which over enthused my friend and he was spending most of the time looking for a particular book and as well as reading most of them.

Finally on Sunday afternoon, it was time to say bye-bye Ananka farms and this time we were fortunate not to have looted because Prem sir dropped us to the railway station for FREEEE. LoL. So kind of him!!

We then clicked our last selfie with Prem sir and went back with a heavy heart.

Of all the places we've been, I felt Ananka Farms was more soul stirring and pleasant experience to me and my friends. Thank you once again Prem sir for the hospitality.

Your age range 25-34
21 Jul 2017
Thank you Kishore for your kind words.Hope to see you back! Prem
Niveditha...
“A very pleasant and clam place surrounded by nature.”
Reviewed 12 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

The stay was fantastic. Prem was a very talented person who guided us through out the stay. A perfect place for nature lovers. The best getaway for a peaceful and relaxing weekend. Definitely deserves a visit. Thank you Prem it was a wonderful experience. We'll visit again!

Your age range 18-24
12 Jul 2017
Thank you Nivedita. Hope to see you back soon .Prem
praan2015
Goa, India
“A HOME STAY WITH A DIFFERENCE”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We had chosen Ananka, for its location and its proximity to Cauvery River and the beautiful surroundings. We were never disappointed with any of the above. It is built totally in a rural setting. One can hear peacocks calling to each other, can see varities of birds and even monkeys.
The Farmhouse has been constructed under lots of supervision and care. The design by itself takes care of light and ventilation.
It has lots of coconut trees, safeda/ chikkoo fruit trees as well as cocoa trees.
The kitchen is very spacious and has all required equipments/ gadgets, crockeries and cutleries.
Mr Prem, our Host, is a perfect gentleman. It was always a pleasure to have a conversation with him. He goes out of his way to make his guests comfortable.
It is bit difficult to maintain such a big farmhouse and Mr Prem has his challenges. But the best part was whatever we brought to his notice was addressed immediately.
We were travelling with 3 senior citizens and there is a narrow stream to cross in order to reach to the property. It is fun to wade through or cross the stream bare foot but had become risky after a quick shower in the night. Mr Prem was prompt in arranging with a bullock cart to cross the stream.
He would even suggest places to go and to dine.
Thank you Mr Prem for all your suggestions. We loved the food of Coastal Garden.

NB...There are no grocery store , restaurants etc in the vicinity...at least within a radius of 7 to 8 kms. Please carry your provisions or carry your packed food from the restaurant while returning back after site seeing( if you do not want to cook)
Since we were on a vacation I did not want the ladies to cook...so we carried our dinner back with us( packed meals) at the end of the day.

11 Jul 2017
Thank you Pratik.I enjoyed celebrating the spirit of the 80+ young lady who participated in all your activities!
Hope to see you back soon. Prem
ajblacha
Tours, France
“Beautiful and welcoming place”
Reviewed 8 July 2017 for a stay in April 2015

In the nature, near by a river and a very nice village. We really liked this place.A lot of beautiful birds. Perfect to enjoy the indian nature.
There is Mysore very near, wich is a very nice city. Nice place to visit, walk around.

NguyenMai...
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Superb farm in the suburb of Mysore!”
Reviewed 29 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I stayed in Ananka place for 2 nights and totally loved it. Surrounded by the nature, a nice river next to the farm, mango trees, sabota, coconuts,...and lots of animals like birds, squirrels which will funnily wake you up every morning. I just love looking at them over the glass door of the room. The house is very well equipped and perfectly fullfilled with interesting books and Prem's photographs. Perfect match for the ones who love reading to stay.
There was an electricity cut in the area during the time I was there because of heavy rains, but do not worry because the house is always backed up with emergency lights.

Prem is a superb and very helpful host. He showed me lots of yummy restaurants which would not be able to be known if you are not local and he explained me many things about culture, tourism.

I would definitely recommend Ananka for anyone who wants to spend a couple of days in the "small jungle" out of the city or couple, family who want some private time in a fresh and pure area.

jansibrit...
Bangaram, India
“Memorable days”
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Hi All,

Awesome place.I felt like am in ma ownplace.Prem the host really u r simply superb in all aspects.You made our days memorable.A nice gentleman blessed with amazing knowledge. Friendly & humble.About place: I felt like god's own place.kaveri river can be viewed from my bed.farms,caretaker,cow,dog..Huge number of birds crossing across bw river& farms with music.special mention is peacock.Non stop music by peacocks wowwww..We met nice family who stayed near our rooms...they are so nyc & friendly...The way to farm house also filled with nature...village smell from the paddy field along with the pure air amazing..And the bridge before farm house awesome little scary wen we reach room after outing ...thats only to me...haha...I cried before coming out that place.we stayed 2 days..but it was like am missing it like i stayed thr fa 2 years.I will definitely visit again...no doubt...Great relaxation & memory i carried out from thr..I love the place & staying completely...

2 May 2017
Thank you for your review Jansi and I look forward to a another visit from you in the near future.You could also consider our other place Anirvaa at Coorg. Prem
Yssaisha
“Prem's amazing hospitality at a secluded retreat”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I've been fortunate to have had great hosts, but Prem still rises to the top and is one of the kindest and sweetest hosts I've had. He picked me up from the train station, brought me to the farm and showed me how to get there using public transportation and then walking because it's about a 3km walk from the bus stop, passing vibrant green rice paddies. Then he brought me back to the city and left me at the palace. Prem arrives to the farm early every morning, but never disturbing me, and is there to offer any help and great conversation. He brought me to Srirangapatna and gave one of many abridged history lessons. We had dinner and he brought me back to the farm again. I really enjoyed his company.

The house is great, spacious, clean, beautiful design, and the farm is very peaceful, with the flowing river to rock you to sleep, but better to stay there with company. It could be lonesome alone, unless you're looking for a little solitude, but thankfully, Prem kept me company during the day and brought me back at night. I'd love to revisit the farm with friends or family, a hammock (I imagine it would be a great accessory to have there) and when the trees are in full bloom. Seems like the perfect place to escape from the chaos of major Indian cities.

Prem definitely went above and beyond. It was a pleasure meeting you Prem, hope to see you again soon. Thank you for everything. I wish you all the best.

14 Oct 2016
Thank you Shannon for being a great guest and you would be welcome anytime.Prem
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;